Login

russian armor

Battlefield 1 (WWI)

PAGES (8)down
8 May 2016, 19:47 PM

RNG countersnipes with 50% chance of missing is all i need to know about CoH1. CoH2 have it flaws no doubt, but compared to CoH1? Not even close.

Once you learn to play the game at a high level its a non issue. :snfQuinn: I'm not going to argue over which game did what better, that's been established already, many times. The point is you're religiously playing a game that actually did do everything you're bashing BF1 for possibly doing.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 18:58 PMBurts

Stay mad Basilone

Still mad at coh 2 3 years later

Not even mad, but the double standards are laughable.
8 May 2016, 19:58 PM

Once you learn to play the game at a high level its a non issue. :snfQuinn:

Your opponents missplay is rewarded by loss of one of your key units. Sure, it how it supposed to be!

I'm not going to argue over which game did what better, that's been established already, many times. The point is you're religiously playing a game that actually did do everything you're bashing BF1 for possibly doing.

Would you point me on ridiculous political correctness in coh2? Mb there is complety ahistorical trailers, which i dont know about?
8 May 2016, 20:09 PM

Your opponents missplay is rewarded by loss of one of your key units. Sure, it how it supposed to be!
You keep sniper back and trade inf kills instead of rolling the dice going for counter snipes :romeoBANG:

Would you point me on ridiculous political correctness in coh2? Mb there is complety ahistorical trailers, which i dont know about?

I was talking about the game being dumbed down. I don't want any political correctness either.
9 May 2016, 10:34 AM
Patrion 14

Well there are already games like Verdun and Ro2 for a more realistic approach. Even if all they do is take the WW1 setting and paste it onto the Battlefield system I'll be pretty hyped, since it means we're done with modern warfare games for the time being.

i do not mind casualised fiction ww1 games.

what i mind is that i doubt that this WWI setting BF would not be too different than BF3 or BF4.

Would they make tanks as fearsome as they were in WWI when soldiers first saw them or would they make them die to 2-3 AT shots like in BF3. Would they embrace heavy bolt action rifle skirmishes with wet soldiers with their gear weighing more and more due to water? Don't think so from the scene where i see a dude running around with 4foot long and 30lb heavy Lewis gun. and the scene where soldiers swinging their melee weapons like all they got on are a cotton t-shirt.

i don't mind "dumbed" down but i do mind reskinned piece of shit and using such a rich subject as WWI like a cheap new flavour of the year.

OF COURSE this is just a speculation from past BF iterations since BF3 and if I am wrong, i will happily eat my word and play the shit out of BF1.
9 May 2016, 10:56 AM

What a joke.
A WW1 Battlefield game and there's no sign of the French.

Remember that scene when the men were being killed by gunfire? I took notice of the helmets and knew that only the French wore those helmets at the time.
9 May 2016, 12:34 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Only good BFs was 1942 and BC2, i hugely doubt they will make something as good, especially after looking at this marketing ahistorical nonsense. Black soldiers in mainland european conflict (where is asians, namely, chinese, which, from what i know, were actually a thing, btw?) and woman warriors coming from country where woman forbiden to even expose face in public.

LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)
9 May 2016, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2016, 12:34 PMnigo

LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)

I read that before posting, coz it was mentioned earlier, lol. If you think 1 regiment of country which joined war in its last year should make it perfectly fine to picture mainly european conflict like black people were actually a thing in it, you can very well picture medieval Spain as half black, because, there was thousand or so moors living out there at the time.

There was balcks in first world war, sure, but the were (extreme) exceptions, not something common. And again, where is french who was main european fighting force since days of Charlemagne and played main role in said conflict? Nope, no french, better introduce some irrelevant black guys for correctness quota.

The only way i see that cover guy justified if they make campaign about him and his regiment, which would actually be quite interesting if represented in certain light, althrought I would easily prefer ottomans over them for their fancy hats and uniqueness, because, again, ottomans was a real thing in that conflict and Gallipoli campaign was hell of a fight.

9 May 2016, 13:10 PM

This game became so lame. Battlefield 1942, 2, 3, 4, 5,....100. And basicaly the same thing every time with another coat. Back in my youth I even had a BF 2142 clan but this game is so stale...
9 May 2016, 16:11 PM

Remember that scene when the men were being killed by gunfire? I took notice of the helmets and knew that only the French wore those helmets at the time.

I saw that scene and posted earlier those were italians, as they wear olive green uniforms, not blue horizon french uniforms.

But you are incorrect.

The Adrian helmet was the first steel helmet to be issued during WW1, and most Entente nations used it as it was a great design.
Winston Churchill preferred the french Adrian helmet to the british brodie.
Italians were supplied and equipped a lot by the french, so they wore french Adrian Helmets
Half of the USA expeditionary force was equipped with French Adrian helmets, the other half with british brodie helmets.
Balkan armies also wore Adrian helmets.

Just like The USA was the Arsenal of Democracy during WW2, France was the Arsenal of Democracy during WW1.
9 May 2016, 16:29 PM

I saw that scene and posted earlier those were italians, as they wear olive green uniforms, not blue horizon french uniforms.

But you are incorrect.

The Adrian helmet was the first steel helmet to be issued during WW1, and most Entente nations used it as it was a great design.
Winston Churchill preferred the french Adrian helmet to the british brodie.
Italians were supplied and equipped a lot by the french, so they wore french Adrian Helmets
Half of the USA expeditionary force was equipped with French Adrian helmets, the other half with british brodie helmets.
Balkan armies also wore Adrian helmets.

Just like The USA was the Arsenal of Democracy during WW2, France was the Arsenal of Democracy during WW1.
Thanks for the clarification.
9 May 2016, 22:43 PM

I wonder if the HUD will be the same POS as BF3/4 was...

I am also going to wager, how-ever many sides there will be, they will be voiced by 1 actor, much like BF3 and BF4.

Reason I loved BC2, it had 8 different voice actors - 1 for each class
10 May 2016, 02:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wonder if the HUD will be the same POS as BF3/4 was...

I am also going to wager, how-ever many sides there will be, they will be voiced by 1 actor, much like BF3 and BF4.

Reason I loved BC2, it had 8 different voice actors - 1 for each class

Be advised
10 May 2016, 03:32 AM

Wow there are some extremely salty people in this forum
10 May 2016, 14:27 PM

What have they done to 7 Nation Army song. <444>_<444>
Respect the true music guys...
12 May 2016, 09:48 AM

Save your hatred for the Beta if you want to criticize BF1.
12 May 2016, 22:28 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 14:27 PMEsxile
What have they done to 7 Nation Army song. <444>_<444>
Respect the true music guys...

The original song's been used for 30 different games over the years, I like their take on it ^^
12 May 2016, 23:46 PM

Save your hatred for the Beta if you want to criticize BF1.
Let's hope it doesn't lead to the same disaster that BF4 had.
13 May 2016, 02:38 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Let's hope it doesn't lead to the same disaster that BF4 had.

I hope they have learned their lesson. Battlefront launched relatively well, only issue is that it was a shell of a game.
14 May 2016, 05:58 AM

Well it has been said they have been working on this game since Battlefield 4
nee
14 May 2016, 07:40 AM

I hope they have learned their lesson. Battlefront launched relatively well, only issue is that it was a shell of a game.
Seeing as they made shit tons of money from that AND Battlefront, the lesson sure isn't "fix the game".
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS