Login

russian armor

Battlefield 1 (WWI)

PAGES (8)down
6 May 2016, 23:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This time i'll give it a week/month despite of what xp a possible beta can throw.

#NeverforgetBF4release

6 May 2016, 23:11 PM

I just love WWII, and a historcal WWI would be boring in some way, so they twist it with some crazy stuff, and i don't liek crazy stuff :(

Pistol Confirmed to be real WW1, let us hype harder! No to be hornest with BF4 the series died for me and i would only touch it again if they bring a nice setting for me.

Ah the Mauser C96 "Broomhandle". :)
aaa
6 May 2016, 23:42 PM

7 May 2016, 00:28 AM

What a joke.
A WW1 Battlefield game and there's no sign of the French.
Nor the Russians, nor the Austro-Hungarians, nor the Ottomans.

It's just the British, some gringo and female arab horserider.
Pathetic jingoist and prussophile pandering.
They kept harping on during the event about WW1 being a global conflict but I only saw british, US marines, arabs and germans.

And what the fuck is up with the german wunderwaffe shit.
Why do they wear the rare stahlhelm helmet (Introduced late 1918-early 1919) instead of the pointy leather cap.
Why is that german the only one using full body armour and a flamethrower.

It was the british that came up with trench body armour first and the french were the first to reintroduce steel helmets, but whatever.

The music and editing of the trailer is awful too. Plus shameless pre order dlc!

Terrible first impression for me.
7 May 2016, 09:17 AM

What a joke.

They kept harping on during the event about WW1 being a global conflict but I only saw british, US marines, arabs and germans.

Why do they wear the rare stahlhelm helmet (Introduced late 1918-early 1919) instead of the pointy leather cap.

It was the british that came up with trench body armour first and the french were the first to reintroduce steel helmets, but whatever.

The music and editing of the trailer is awful too. Plus shameless pre order dlc!

Good post. I was thinking the same. Im not even mad tho. There is a shitload of good shooters comming. Ill probably be spending most time on Rising storm 2 anyway + the new WW2 shooters (Days or war, Battalion 1944)
7 May 2016, 09:29 AM

What a joke.

Levelcap confirmed the presence of renault FT17 in the press conference trailer (which us, common peasant, we don't have acces) Wait and see :romeoMug:
7 May 2016, 16:12 PM

this looks like a good game to play as ww1 mans shooting other ww1 mans.
7 May 2016, 16:25 PM

What a joke.

The guy wearing the cape looks black, and blacks fought in French units (assuming he is American).

7 May 2016, 19:51 PM

The guy wearing the cape looks black, and blacks fought in French units (assuming he is American).

He is a Harlem hellfighter from the 15th New York National Guard Regiment fighting within the USA Expeditionary Corps. Not French.

But it makes sense, France did not do anything at all in WW1 right!

It makes as much sense as having a WW2 Eastern Front game without the USSR -_-

I saw a trailer breakdown and all the screenshots, there's no sign of any French made equipment or French troops despite being the biggest innovators during WW1.
There are some Italians wearing Adrian helmets and green uniforms being mowed down by a German Space Marine's handheld HMG (Realism be damned), that's the closest.

Well BFOne is a AAA lowest common denominator FPS, they needs to cater to the anglosphere masses. That means Wunderwaffe, British and US Marines pandering plus throwing some female Arabs and African-Americans to please western SJWs.

Apparently DICE "researched the heck" out of WW1 :lolol:
7 May 2016, 20:44 PM

He is a Harlem hellfighter from the 15th New York National Guard Regiment fighting within the USA Expeditionary Corps. Not French.

See, my question is: If he's french/american/whatever, why does he have a Mauser C96, an MP-28 and a German trench club (a German soldier had it in the trailer)? That seems like a German loadout, not an American, French or British loadout.

So.... German campaign? That would be different.

7 May 2016, 21:02 PM
Donator 11

There are Ottoman units in the trailer Frencho (at the point when the British tank comes busting in). I think they just wanted to show off the coolest locations. Some of the allied units could be British or French.
7 May 2016, 21:08 PM

Levelcap confirmed the Renault FT-17 as he got acces to more content

Right here

8 May 2016, 00:58 AM
Patrion 14

for now, it looks like a glorification of WWI tech.

I doubt they will really capture WWI. Tanks look cool but it prob won't be treated like its real world inspiration, just another reskin from tanks in bf3,bf4.

foot soldiers will move in lightening speed in muddy trenches etc etc.

a fine history of WWI being mauled into lowest common denominator is maddening tbh.
8 May 2016, 16:56 PM

Well there are already games like Verdun and Ro2 for a more realistic approach. Even if all they do is take the WW1 setting and paste it onto the Battlefield system I'll be pretty hyped, since it means we're done with modern warfare games for the time being.
8 May 2016, 17:22 PM

So a bedouin muslim warrior woman...

Isin't that a little.. "haram" ?

;)

On a more serious note, not excited. Going to be shit, dumbed down casaul crap that isin't worth playing at the slightest. From the trailer it doesn't seem like it will capture the WW1 atmosphere at all.

8 May 2016, 18:34 PM

Only good BFs was 1942 and BC2, i hugely doubt they will make something as good, especially after looking at this marketing ahistorical nonsense. Black soldiers in mainland european conflict (where is asians, namely, chinese, which, from what i know, were actually a thing, btw?) and woman warriors coming from country where woman forbiden to even expose face in public.
8 May 2016, 18:37 PM

Only good BFs was 1942 and BC2, i hugely doubt they will make something as good, especially after looking at this marketing nonsense. Black soldiers in mainland european conflict (where is asians, namely, chinese, which, from what i know, were actually a thing, btw?) and woman warriors coming from country where woman forbiden to even expose face in public.

Jadame = racist.
8 May 2016, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 17:22 PMBurts
On a more serious note, not excited. Going to be shit, dumbed down casaul crap that isin't worth playing at the slightest

Only good BFs was 1942 and BC2, i hugely doubt they will make something as good, especially after looking at this marketing nonsense.

Funny to see such bold and somewhat elitist comments from the COH2 community, a sequel that was objectively and tangibly dumbed down. You'd think the COH2 community consisted of the most OG leet PC gamers out there if not for the fact that 3 years later they still have a hard on for Company of Microtransactions.
8 May 2016, 18:51 PM

Funny to see such bold and somewhat elitist comments from the COH2 community, a sequel that was objectively and tangibly dumbed down. You'd think the COH2 community consisted of the most OG leet PC gamers out there if not for the fact that 3 years later they still have a hard on for Company of Microtransactions.

RNG countersnipes with 50% chance of missing is all i need to know about CoH1. CoH2 have it flaws no doubt, but compared to CoH1? Not even close.
8 May 2016, 18:58 PM

Stay mad Basilone

Still mad at coh 2 3 years later
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment