Login

russian armor

How to win as Germans 2v2 without p2w commanders?

6 May 2016, 11:56 AM

Hey guys, I'm helpless.

Me and my mate are losing ALL the games. Now we lost against a Brit whose mate dropped and we did not stand a single chance.

I am about rank 400 in 1v1 but in 2v2 > 3.000 and still we do not have a single chance to win each game.

We used to play OKW + Ostheer, now we play double Ostheer, but no, no winning in sight.

The main problems are:

- Brit snipers bleed us out extremely
- US/UKF blobs killing everything
- No counter against AEC/fast Cromwell
- Brit mortar + bofors + emplacement commander

Yeah, I know we are not good. But it's frustrating to lose against the AI and having the enemy commentin "lol" after still winning 500 to 0.

Main thing is that we both do not have "p2w commanders". Our "best" one is spearhead. No osttruppen, no elite troops, no ass grens. While the enemy always has land matress, calliope, op structures, etc.

We won't play the game in the next time because it is just so fucking frustrating to get your ass rushed and your MGs being beyoung useless.
6 May 2016, 15:39 PM

Tbh ostheer is pretty weak in 2v2s right now they are very vulnerable to light vehicle play also brits have a lot of bs things.

For Brit snipers I would suggest making your own sniper or building a sniper as part of your t1 build if you are facing brit or USF. Also 222+your own sniper can help you to spot enemy snipers and prevent counter snipes or use the 222 to spot for you own counter snipe.

For mass blobs try using a halftrack to support your mgs and grens at front by constantly reinforcing and helping you stay on the field. If the blobs are real bad get 2 mgs and position them so they can cover each other's flanks.

For early aec try to get shrecks on pgrens and for crom rush get paks. If you can't afford shrecks get pak instead and put lmgs on your grens. Since you don't have great docs I would go t3 get a stug or ostwind(if your good on AT) out asap and use the command tank later to buff you t3 units. Try to spam stugs+ostwinds and be aggressive.

General rule for a brit mortar is to get a flamer halftrack and for a bofors get a mortar halftrack (since you have spearhead) and use the flame ability.

6 May 2016, 16:39 PM

A replay would help a lot. Talking about specifics is much easier and much more helpful than talking generalities.

In general, the most reliable method to deal w/snipers is a counter snipe. Hold fire so he doesn't know you have a sniper, put out a tempting target, then pop him.

As for mortar pits, they're not actually that difficult to deal with. I think the reason a lot of axis players struggle with them is that they require a level of aggression that's uncomfortable/counter intuitive for most axis players. Flame half tracks work wonders, as do flame mhts. If you don't want to go that route though, you can (1) just avoid it; (2) force brace, then ambush w/flame pios. This one is especially effective if your opponent snuggled his pit up to a shot blocker-after brace has worn off you walk your pios up to the shot blocker and then attack ground on the other side. (The flames can often attack through whatever the blocker is.)
6 May 2016, 16:43 PM

You don't need P2W commanders.My loadout for Axis 2v2 is Mechanized (not assault), Jager Armor, and Blitzkrieg. This gives you access to the LeFH if they spam emplacements, Elephant/spotting scopes, and command P4 with broken Stuka loiter.

I'd advise going mixed Axis as Wehr and OKW round out each other's weaknesses very well.

If you're having sniper problems, build your own. You have the best sniper in the game. Use him.
Tech to T2 as quickly as is feasible while maintaining field presence and get a couple 222's. They'll be able to make the AEC think twice before blindly charging in. use your sniper and shield him with your MG and grens. Get a PaK or two later.

Meanwhile OKW should go mechanized and rush Luchs. Since you can build a medbunker, healing isn't an issue. Between his shrecks and Luchs and your 222/sniper you should have no problem forcing them back and inflicting massive bleed.

Get T3. I prefer 2 StuG's ASAP as they are hands down some of the best TD's in the game. If you went Mechanized or Jager Armor give them spotting scopes to troll enemy tanks from considerable distance.

Your OKW teammate should be getting his T3 up and preparing to unleash his lategame armor and infantry.

Once you have a stable grasp on the map, get T4 and get a Pwerfer to deal with blobs.

Throw in a LeFH if they're sim citying as soon as you can.

Don't blob vs Calliope. Don't let OKW put his retreat point in a stupid obvious location. He will be punished severely.
Exploit your lategame advantage and you will win 90% of your games unless you get seriously outplayed.

Replays help too.
6 May 2016, 16:46 PM

Give OKW a try, Special operations and Breakthrough can do a nice job. :thumb:
6 May 2016, 17:39 PM

Your latest replay would be appreciated. I suspect your issues are strategic, for instance, not concentrating your forces correctly or miss timing assaults and presses. Also, bearing in mind the defensive posture of the Wehrmacht especially. If you make even the slightest mistake in assaulting, you or your teammate can leave the other in overload situations 2 on 1, or otherwise outnumbered. This is an issue early on when as the Wehrmacht, positioning is essential, but even moreso in the midgame when a rout can leave a cutoff or even worse, OKW base structures exposed... mistakes are magnified compared to 1on1's.
6 May 2016, 18:02 PM

How extensively do you use 222s?

The most success I've had is fast teching and getting out a 222 fast as possible with the goal of using it as aggressively as possible first thing before counters start to roll out. This is particularly useful versus UKF and USF to a lesser degree (you'll want to avoid Vet 1 Rifleman at close range obviously).

They have the bonus of dealing with Snipers and can push Tommies out of cover - the real icing on the cake is if you can get 2-3 out and it effectively shuts down all light vehicle play against you. (Including AEC). If your opponent goes super early Mortar Pit you can easily dive them in and shoot it down before he can properly screen it too.

I always keep Spearhead in my loadout for Brits (mostly for Mortar HT for emplacements) though you can always use Festung if you *really* need the HT to counter Sim City.
6 May 2016, 18:20 PM

Quick 2v2 OH tips
1. At 7 min get a pak, 2 paks if you want to go panthers instead of p4s. Pak is hads down the best antitank gun in the game.
2. Scout cars almost always do more damage than they cost. I like using them in pairs agaonst light vehicles or to kill a snared aec or t70 (hit rear armour)
3. Grens are beast with thier mg42s
4. Respond to blobs with a pair of mortars
5. Plant both s and teller mines
7 May 2016, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 18:20 PMsinthe
Quick 2v2 OH tips
1. At 7 min get a pak, 2 paks if you want to go panthers instead of p4s. Pak is hads down the best antitank gun in the game.
2. Scout cars almost always do more damage than they cost. I like using them in pairs agaonst light vehicles or to kill a snared aec or t70 (hit rear armour)
3. Grens are beast with thier mg42s
4. Respond to blobs with a pair of mortars
5. Plant both s and teller mines

excellent advice here. and the spearhead doctrine is one of the best commanders, you should have no problem winning with it. OKW is a bit more tricky to play with because they will have problems with early Vickers and Maxims. typically in 2v2 Ost should always get mortar before 3 min and OKW get an ISG before 5 min. Because of the blobs these typically will always be worth it. remember to support them with Grens and MGs so they dont get killed/stolen. On maps with more open terrain, the sniper is really excellent. At lower ranks they will give the greatest bleed to your opponents manpower and on multiple occasions 1 sniper who survived has basically won me the game because of the bleed. Don't forget to use rifle grenades, they have a great range and will do a ton of damage to MG squads. You want to research T2 as soon as you get 40 fuel, then have your grens Rifle Grenade a big concentration of guys which can usually kill 3 models. If the rifle Grenades do well you can get vet 2 Grens pretty fast, remember to upgrade them with the MG42, the weapon will be much more effective held by a vet 2 squad. Against early mortar bunkers, you can build your own mortars or the mortar halftrack and drop barrages on it, Making it risky for your opponent to repair it. Unlike your mortar squad that can be retreated and reinforced once the Brit mortar emplacement is killed he just loses all the Manpower, giving you big advantage. I like Ostruppen very much vs Brits. (Mobile Defense Doctrine)

As soon as the game starts identify the position for your MG to protect your fuel. If its a house be prepared to put your pioneers inside until your MG arrives so the garrison does not get stolen. If you have to retreat your squads very early and lose the Fuel it can easily be game over.

10 May 2016, 15:19 PM
Donator 11

Well, I will add my mustard ( a German saying for those wondering).

First of all: mix okw and wehr, it's a much better combination. Also OKW does not need any premium commanders to be effective ( I use only the non premium ones, despite having all commanders available).

Second: good commanders are spearhead ( it is amazing), mechanised with spotting scopes and lefh, Jaeger armor, mechanised assault can be good too, I personally like lightning war very much ( cheap g43, tiger, stuka loiter) if I had no problem getting into late game.

Get a sniper! And don't forget to use his vet 1 ability, it's a guaranteed fuk on a one man squad, so you can double tap really easily ( I have lost count how many squads my sniper has killed). If you are playing against ukf, be more careful after minute 4 or so and look out if he had built a sniper. If so, you should be able to counter snipe it, as the German sniper is a monster.

Position your mg 42 carefully and you will be able to stop his blob and bleed him a lot.

As far as tech goes, a 222 is never a bad idea, especially against t2 Soviets. If I'm ahead, I like to go for t4 after t2, as t3 is not bad but a little lackluster ( it can be very good for an ostwind if you have dominated). Otherwise go for t3 and get a pz4 or a stug, but I prefer the pz4 if I don't have spotting scopes.

Maps: veto all closer quarter maps, ost is terrible there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
United Kingdom 10
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak