Login

russian armor

Please give OKW the 'destroy cover' ability

6 May 2016, 00:41 AM
Patrion 26

Ever since I've made use of the sapper 'destroy cover' ability to make space for emplacements, I've realised how incredibly useful the same ability would be for OKW truck placement.
Especially as for some reason the trucks can't drive over high wooden fenches, or over low stone walls.

So please consider giving the ability to sturmpios, so that players have more options when placing trucks.
6 May 2016, 04:35 AM

Personally I think all factions should have it on their engineering unit.
6 May 2016, 04:55 AM

maps would get flattened very quickly if every faction had it. its actually really game changing, and while it would be fun for okw to have it, i think tis better if only the brits have it so it makes them unique.
6 May 2016, 05:00 AM

im inclined to agree with lemonjuice.
6 May 2016, 05:53 AM

maps would get flattened very quickly if every faction had it. its actually really game changing, and while it would be fun for okw to have it, i think tis better if only the brits have it so it makes them unique.

+1, dunno if it would indirectly nerf brits early game, specially the meta would revolve around second sturmpio and just blow important areas to deny tommies their cover, since they are the only faction with this mechanic.
6 May 2016, 06:11 AM

Destroy cover is two-edged knife for Brit. Doing so will deny Brit the precious cover to advance.

Or we could give "destroy cover" to OKW, but at the same time, give them penalty when outside of cover.
6 May 2016, 07:13 AM

You can just crush light cover with the trucks anyway and there is barely any heavy cover obscuring truck placing.
6 May 2016, 07:31 AM

Why is it that every time I see a topic about someone wanting to add something to a faction it's always for the OKW?
6 May 2016, 07:42 AM

Autobots have light crush anyway..
nee
6 May 2016, 08:03 AM

They have heavy tanks for that job ;)
Seriously now, OP does have a point, every time I deploy them next to some obstructions, it causes pathfinding issues for nearby infantry, ie medic truck gets squads stuck forever unless I TK them or rush a tank over there to clear the way.
I personally think they should just give back the regular grenade to Volks for that job. Costs munitions but available at start of game.

Why is it that every time I see a topic about someone wanting to add something to a faction it's always for the OKW?

Because you don't read enough threads here.
6 May 2016, 08:39 AM
Donator 11

If you are deploying a truck in such placement that heavy cover blocks you, then you probably set it up too far forward. Also, cover lets you defend the truck and captures some enemy shells that would hit truck otherwise.
6 May 2016, 11:00 AM
Patrion 26

If you are deploying a truck in such placement that heavy cover blocks you, then you probably set it up too far forward. Also, cover lets you defend the truck and captures some enemy shells that would hit truck otherwise.

On some town based maps that pretty much means anywhere that isn't your starting area. Unless you're happy to deploy it out in the open.

High wooden fences and low stone walls aren't much use vs shells, and if your truck is being attacked by infantry then clearly having access to green cover is going to be the least of your concerns.
6 May 2016, 19:11 PM

Agree with Lemon. For Brits, blowing up cover hurts their core infantry, so there's a trade-off.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 34
Peru 15
unknown 5
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %