Login

russian armor

Relic: Week 1 Update to the Balance Mod

PAGES (10)down
6 May 2016, 00:35 AM

OKW have zero weakness.

It's just absurd.
6 May 2016, 00:38 AM

What people are forgetting about SP is that at vet 2, which was hard to gain before but not now, they get received accuracy bonuses. At this point they stand up quite well to Allied infantry until Allied infantry hit vet 3. But here's the thing, when Allied infantry get to vet 3 you are likely on your way or already rolling in vet 4 and 5 on the SP. This means you can repair tanks near instantly, plant mines near instantly, and afford to send SP on long flanks because they can sweep for themselves and survive by retreating if they run into trouble. Even if you try to stop them they can stun grenade a nearby supporting infantry squad and then finish off the Allied tank.

SP's with shreks is a bad idea. The OKW should not have every tool, they should have an obvious weakness. I would like to see the options for OKW mid game increase to help them hold up against light tanks, but giving SP yet one more job and mixing a dangerously overburdened unit with heavy AT is foolish. Especially considering the number of other weapons and combos that SP have access to.
6 May 2016, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 00:21 AMpoop

Special snowflake faction remains special.
-----
And why the shit are MP44s non-doc but PPSH are???

Lol, if you cant beat them, join them.
Its just testing mate - chances are they will be given MP40's instead, and be commander dependant

I dont really like some of the changes. Penals were fantastic with the previous changes, so i am a little upset. IS2 nerf was fair along with some other changes. Overall a mixed bag

With the current state of Penals, there is no need to field Shock Troops. I dont think it will stay.

You were lucky if you got to see a mixed unit blob. I've almost only ever seen massed gren blobs (sometimes with an officer,
I'm pretty confident sturmpio blobs will do well and become OKW blobs MKII.

Lul I loved playing against people who do that.
Target the officer squad and you have instant retreat for said blob.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 00:35 AMpoop
OKW have zero weakness.
It's just absurd.

1 word. Artillery and Cheap mortars
6 May 2016, 00:49 AM

Volks > cons

For 10 more mp

Volks have access to MP44 ... Cons have nothing
Volks get Fausts just for teching... Cons have to research it
Volks get instant throw flame grenade... Cons have to research the strictly worse molotov
Volks get 5 vet levels including self heal... Cons get 3
Volks have optional access to FRP... Cons don't
Volks ca have FRP medics ... Cons only in base

Buy hey! Cons can merge !

At least OKW don't get MGs to back up their already superior infantry ! Oh wait!
6 May 2016, 01:07 AM

lol ppl cried cuz shreks on volks allowed them to blob....now its on sturms which is by far much harder to blob and people still cry. Sturms will find it difficult to do their job as AT compared to volks because ther guna be busy building mines and repairing throughout the game

6 May 2016, 01:10 AM

Does the penal squad still cost 300mp?
6 May 2016, 01:37 AM

Banned
The adjustments are mostly perfect. The Scott needs to be looked at.
6 May 2016, 01:43 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

RELIC

At the moment it seems like the wehr anti personell mines are KOing squads again
WHO
6 May 2016, 03:30 AM

I read it to mean that the penals now have no upgrade, flamers or otherwise. I guess we'll see.
6 May 2016, 03:42 AM

OKW blob spam is going to better than ever.

Now the main AI infantry has an upgrade to be even better against infantry, the shreks go on the squads that can already defend themselves well, it's all supported by fausts (can't escape the shreks!) and the raketten has more arc.

Calling it now: All this gets reverted, and we go back to volk spam. Only way to fix this is by having a separate squad in T1 that's 3man with 2 shreks.

Seriously though, this looks pretty good. Still waiting on Royal Engie reduced cost vet and Rifle double upgrade (or Vet 3) changes.
6 May 2016, 03:52 AM

OKW blob spam is going to better than ever.

Now the main AI infantry has an upgrade to be even better against infantry, the shreks go on the squads that can already defend themselves well, it's all supported by fausts (can't escape the shreks!) and the raketten has more arc.

Calling it now: All this gets reverted, and we go back to volk spam. Only way to fix this is by having a separate squad in T1 that's 3man with 2 shreks.

Seriously though, this looks pretty good. Still waiting on Royal Engie reduced cost vet and Rifle double upgrade (or Vet 3) changes.

3 man with 2 schreck is way too squishy vs allies superior indirect fire and late game squad-wipe tanks, the only advantage I can see is that it can give a good chance for dropping schrecks for volks and sturms to pick when got wiped lol.
6 May 2016, 04:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

RELIC

At the moment it seems like the wehr anti personell mines are KOing squads again

They didn't change those. They're exactly alike, with squads that have the misfortune of being ordered to a location that requires them to pass through the field only getting exclaim to that they hit a mine shortly before all of them hit mines.
nee
6 May 2016, 04:18 AM

Overall I like the changes, though I would have also accepted 2x panzerschreck for Obers instead, but they clearly want AT infantry to come earlier than tanks.
6 May 2016, 04:27 AM

After playing the OKW changes, I think it's pretty good. I wasn't ever tempted to get many schreks since sturms are expensive to maintain.

Relic obviously saw what was happening in games, where OKW were easily steamrolled.

TL;DR - I didn't think I'd like schreks on sturms, but I actually think they work.
6 May 2016, 04:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 00:35 AMpoop
OKW have zero weakness.

It's just absurd.

The price of tanks is a weakness for OKW. Also lack of sniper, no mortar.
Brits also have few weaknesses - they are strong in pretty much all areas.
6 May 2016, 04:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 04:18 AMnee
Overall I like the changes, though I would have also accepted 2x panzerschreck for Obers instead, but they clearly want AT infantry to come earlier than tanks.

Never gonna happen. No one would buy the upgrade for 400mp Obers, making them so fragile and weak in anti-infantry power. Obers cost a bomb to reinforce.
6 May 2016, 04:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 00:49 AMpoop
Volks > cons

For 10 more mp

Volks have access to MP44 ... Cons have nothing
Volks get Fausts just for teching... Cons have to research it
Volks get instant throw flame grenade... Cons have to research the strictly worse molotov
Volks get 5 vet levels including self heal... Cons get 3
Volks have optional access to FRP... Cons don't
Volks ca have FRP medics ... Cons only in base

Buy hey! Cons can merge !

At least OKW don't get MGs to back up their already superior infantry ! Oh wait!

Cons have Oorah! They have bigger squads. They have double the received accuracy vet bonus of Volks. They have merge. There is plenty that makes them special.
Anyway, don't be too sore. I don't think many people in their right mind would say Soviet faction has been treated badly by this preview mod. It's been buffed across the board. It's easier now to win with them now than for a long time.
6 May 2016, 04:44 AM

Just to add
Sturmpio Schreck costs 85muni
6 May 2016, 04:50 AM

6 May 2016, 05:14 AM
Donator 11

The most you will see is 2-3 but even still I feel like its a stretch due to their costs and upkeep. As long as you can put the shrek away I'm ok with I guess

2-3 strum shreck squads and four STG Volks squads, this is gonna be great. I suggest we go back to the volks blob days
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak