Login

russian armor

balance preview; KV1 still lumbering behind the rest

7 May 2016, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 10:47 AMMyself

4 T34s come with a tech cost while KV-1 have not tech cost.

The KV-1 can beat a PZ4 so I don't see why it need buff to the gun for the current cost. What it needs is different vet bonuses and different vet abilities as most EFA units or a complete redesign.

The gun is not terrible unless the PZIV gun is also terrible since it almost identical to the Ostheer PZIV that only has better penetration far and a Area distance.

You are absolutely right. Who has not feared the uncounterable KV-1 spam, mastered by no 1 else than "Myself". Even the heaviest and very best german end game tanks such as the crippled PIV don't stand a chance against the massive load of firepower, delivered by cheap mass KV-1s. But what about the StuG?And, aren't the soviets supposed tech if they want something with actual penetration power?
7 May 2016, 12:11 PM

You are absolutely right...

Nice of you to acknowledge.

Now try to read and understand before replying. Describing the KV-1 gun as "terrible" would mean the the PZIV is extremely bad, since the very very close...

If the KV-1 need somethings that is probably not a better gun.
7 May 2016, 14:40 PM

Give the thing 160 more health and I'd think it'd be pretty good aside from then moving to rework veterancy.

The thing can tank a lot of damage if it had more health and maybe a veterancy ability that reduces incoming damage, but forces the tank to be stationary :D

Replace the KV1 Vet ability with the Ostheer Hull Down!

It's genius! gives KV-1 more durability!
7 May 2016, 20:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Vet overhaul > yes please
Health increase > maybe. Cost/CP could be tweak
7 May 2016, 22:40 PM

axis players think the PIV is bad.. i dont get it.. it wrecks infantry, methinks you are just used to having hack-shielded tanks that deflect 1/2 the shots thrown at it.

its not a tank destroyer.
7 May 2016, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 22:40 PMpoop
axis players think the PIV is bad.. i dont get it.. it wrecks infantry, methinks you are just used to having hack-shielded tanks that deflect 1/2 the shots thrown at it.

Not axis players.

One exceptionally biased and bad scrub.
7 May 2016, 23:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 22:40 PMpoop

According to some the PZIV should be described as an extremely bad main gun because it is very close to "terrible" main gun KV-1 has.

One can easily see who are biased, since there people who complain about the KV gun UP while the in their opinion the PZIV gun is fine...

But lets try to stick to the subject that is the KV-1. Once more KV-1 as most EFA army units need new vet bonuses and new vet abilities. If that is not enough one can improve its defensive properties...It main gun is fine since it is on the same level as other similar units...
8 May 2016, 00:10 AM

i would simply say: buff kv1 cannon/mg a bit, give the B4 the precision strike back to counter blobs

so we can make counter attack tactics great again
8 May 2016, 11:32 AM

Buff KV-1's health and give it a command tank aura that buffs allies around it

I was thinking, maybe it can have a unique aura that only works in neutral or enemy territory? Use the B4 to break a turtle, then push in with brave conscripts buffed by a KV-1 command tank

It is called "Counterattack Tactics" after all
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS