Login

russian armor

Invasion of maphackers has begun

5 Dec 2013, 03:18 AM

Genius business idea. Sell a "cheat" for a game that doesn't work.

WHO IS TROLLED NOW?
5 Dec 2013, 09:41 AM

lol @ korean micro.

Make it 'asian micro' in general?
5 Dec 2013, 09:47 AM

lol @ korean micro.

Make it 'asian micro' in general?

You mean Swedish right? Swedes > CS:GO / Dota2 / CoH2

MVGame
5 Dec 2013, 09:50 AM

You mean Swedish right? Swedes > CS:GO / Dota2 / CoH2

MVGame

Anyhow, when i used to play CS 1.6 i usually played on www.playzeek.com , a Swedish website that had its own protection, in which you had to have a program running in the background that took screenshots of your game at random intervals. Ofcourse the hackers bypassed this by making the hack un-seen when the program sent a command to take the screenshot, but they changed the command very often so it was very hard for the hackers to keep up, and when they changed it they didn't tell anyone and caught alot of them.

Sorry for double post, was ment to edit.

._.
5 Dec 2013, 10:55 AM

Don't worry the guys were very thorough and never game someones name to Relic unless they had multiple very suspicious games or one extremely obvious game like strafing cloaked stormtroops (yes people actually did that Kappa).

I straffed/Attacked cloaked sturms/snipers, naded a mine, flamed a mine, put mortar round on mine/Mg42 that didn't actually see.

Uff, If I had a dollar every time someone called me a hacker or reported me.

But then again huge number of players don't micro well enough and walk straight pass medics/repairers.

But no one called me idiot for flaming usual mine spots when there are no mines there, or mortaring empty slot of land, only yell for hacker when I do find them in usual spots.

So you are right Basilione, Relic won't take action unless there is no doubt it was foul play, and they can pick up on things people do intuitively or if it is just luck of a draw.
5 Dec 2013, 15:25 PM

Permanently Banned
Hackers are very few and far between.

I miss the 90s, when all sold hack .exe programs where riddled with trojans and cheaters not only got fucked out of their money, gave their financial info, but but their PC was wiped clean byt it and its functions impaired, as well as you potentially losing/dropping/deleting your ingame aquired stuff.

Oh man. Those where the good times, when trolling, even with hacks, was pure unadulterated win.

Reassurring to hear that Relic has tested the claimed maphacks, and called them bullshit.

Tbh, anyone who actually spends money on a hack, should suffer their PC spontaneously combusting and burning their house down.

Ironically, the best way to combat hacks, is to issue corrupted hacks, the kind that destroy the users system. So that atleast some of the idiots how try to find them online, end up executing the corrupted hacks, and turning their PC to a paperweight.
5 Dec 2013, 17:29 PM

even if hacks dont exist yet, game will be swarming with maphackers sooner or later, in a game without any anticheating measures its just a matter of time till its gonna happen
5 Dec 2013, 17:56 PM

Hackers are very few and far between.

I miss the 90s, when all sold hack .exe programs where riddled with trojans and cheaters not only got fucked out of their money, gave their financial info, but but their PC was wiped clean byt it and its functions impaired, as well as you potentially losing/dropping/deleting your ingame aquired stuff.

Oh man. Those where the good times, when trolling, even with hacks, was pure unadulterated win.

The 90s were pure win for any gamer. I miss those days dearly. RIP 90s Gaming

6 Dec 2013, 02:02 AM

The 90's were awesome. Period. :p
6 Dec 2013, 03:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 20:48 PMWiFiDi
they are there. there is hacking in a sonic racing game for crying out loud servers do not stop hackers mw2 anyone.

There's a difference between can and do. Servers CAN stop hacking - it's entirely possible. But if you have more than 50ping, you'll be lagging around like crazy. Look at Path of Exile. The best "hacks" out there are the most generic map hacks - that's it. They aren't even useful. They just tell you the layout of the map. They can't tell you the position of anything outside the characters screen.

Why? Because the Path of Exile uses the worst client-server system. When you move your character, it doesn't *actually* move your character. It tells the server to move your character. Then the server moves your character, and THEN tells you that your character moved. You're basically playing the game with a really long stick. The problem is, if there's even a slight amount of desync, the system breaks. If you ask to move your character from A to B, but your character is at C, the server has no clue what to do; you'll teleport around a bunch, and probably die.

As for COH2's problem; the problem is that the client has ALL the info (and it's going to, because it's P2P). At any point, the game client knows where all the enemy units are. Hence, all the hacker needs to do is "unhide" that info. If CoH2 had a server, they could easily check for FoW, and simply not pass on any info that is outside of the FoW (you'd need to work around that when using arty/mines).

So yes, the problem IS that it's P2P. Servers would solve the problem, if they took the insane method Path of Exile took to combat hackers. The problem is; there's no easy solution. Changing the game from P2P to CS takes WAY too much time, and even then; who's paying for the servers? They'd need to be all around the world to prevent lag - and honestly, I don't think CoH2 has sold enough copies (or continues to sell at a high enough rate) to allow for that.

Oh well.
6 Dec 2013, 04:16 AM

Even so, don't expect CoH2 or any RTS games to be anything other than P2P. As far as I've researched, Battle.net is also P2P (correct me if I'm wrong), except it requires you to go through their servers for authentication.

The Batte.net servers, however, do NOT have authority when it comes to correcting and resending data though (someone with network knowledge can correct me here).

6 Dec 2013, 04:51 AM

There's a difference between can and do. Servers CAN stop hacking - it's entirely possible. But if you have more than 50ping, you'll be lagging around like crazy. Look at Path of Exile. The best "hacks" out there are the most generic map hacks - that's it. They aren't even useful. They just tell you the layout of the map. They can't tell you the position of anything outside the characters screen.

Why? Because the Path of Exile uses the worst client-server system. When you move your character, it doesn't *actually* move your character. It tells the server to move your character. Then the server moves your character, and THEN tells you that your character moved. You're basically playing the game with a really long stick. The problem is, if there's even a slight amount of desync, the system breaks. If you ask to move your character from A to B, but your character is at C, the server has no clue what to do; you'll teleport around a bunch, and probably die.

As for COH2's problem; the problem is that the client has ALL the info (and it's going to, because it's P2P). At any point, the game client knows where all the enemy units are. Hence, all the hacker needs to do is "unhide" that info. If CoH2 had a server, they could easily check for FoW, and simply not pass on any info that is outside of the FoW (you'd need to work around that when using arty/mines).

So yes, the problem IS that it's P2P. Servers would solve the problem, if they took the insane method Path of Exile took to combat hackers. The problem is; there's no easy solution. Changing the game from P2P to CS takes WAY too much time, and even then; who's paying for the servers? They'd need to be all around the world to prevent lag - and honestly, I don't think CoH2 has sold enough copies (or continues to sell at a high enough rate) to allow for that.

Oh well.

P2P has nothing to do with hackers, please go fuck urself. There are SC2 hacks out there that are free for HotS and WoL.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★