Login

russian armor

Should USF get one more unit that can use thompsons?

4 May 2016, 16:42 PM

Do you think riflemen should have that ability or at least 1 static USF unit that is not from a commander?
4 May 2016, 17:07 PM
Patrion 14

I'm the biggest USF fanboy there is, but please drop it OP, I understand that Rangers are the most low budget elite Infantry in the game and bring nothing to the table. But having more units with Thompsons is just not needed.

Half of all doctrines for USF already have units with thompsons.

4 May 2016, 17:16 PM

Ok sorry man, i just had the idea and i was curious where others head where at
4 May 2016, 18:32 PM
Patrion 14

Ok sorry man, i just had the idea and i was curious where others head where at

I understand were you're coming from, but imo it would be more fun adding new units with a different role then Thompsons.

For example, the Crocodile :sibHyena:
4 May 2016, 18:40 PM

Yeah maybe a Pacific Commander resigned from the Pacific Front to fight in Europe? With a a squad that is the name of what ever it is called again ''.... Rangers'' that has Thompson and then at the 12 CP you will be able to spawn a Crocodile!
4 May 2016, 19:00 PM

Yeah maybe a Pacific Commander resigned from the Pacific Front to fight in Europe? With a a squad that is the name of what ever it is called again ''.... Rangers'' that has Thompson and then at the 12 CP you will be able to spawn a Crocodile!

Is this bait?
nee
4 May 2016, 22:49 PM

There are three USF units in the game, that aren't Rangers, that have Thompsons. Two of them are non-doctrinal. No reason is given as to why they should get one more via Riflemen.
4 May 2016, 23:32 PM

Units that can get Thompson SMGs:
Paratroopers
Rangers
Vehicle Crews

We don't need anymore CQC units.

Maybe there should be a doctrine where riflemen trade one of their models to have a recoilless rifle.
4 May 2016, 23:47 PM

I'd give the Captain the BARs and give the Lieutenant squad Thompsons, I think that would be interesting. Not the same Thompsons that Rangers / Airborne / Vehicle crews get, of course.
5 May 2016, 00:25 AM

Riflemen definitely don't need Thompsons, they're already the best at CQC of all mainline infantry notwithstanding possible new volksgrenadiers. RE, vehicle crews and major are too fragile for CQC. Captain already has one and more would be an overbuff, maybe appropriate to get one or two more if the loss of free zooks bites hard. That only leaves the LT which could be a suitable candidate but the upgrade would need to be suitably expensive and delayed to prevent too much of a power spike when he comes onto the field.

Overall though interesting idea but really not necessary at this point.
nee
5 May 2016, 02:45 AM

I'd give the Captain the BARs and give the Lieutenant squad Thompsons, I think that would be interesting. Not the same Thompsons that Rangers / Airborne / Vehicle crews get, of course.
Not a bad idea, though in the end, USF isn't in dire need of a CQB unit, their RIflemen and Officer squads are pretty good at that job.

Giving CPT bazooka plus BAR and the LT an upgrade to get all four SMGs doesn't sound very bad.
5 May 2016, 04:05 AM

The only new thompsons unit i want to see is cavalry rifles from the campaign to replace the mechanized M3.
5 May 2016, 06:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 17:07 PMLooney
I'm the biggest USF fanboy there is, but please drop it OP, I understand that Rangers are the most low budget elite Infantry in the game and bring nothing to the table. But having more units with Thompsons is just not needed.

Half of all doctrines for USF already have units with thompsons.

Not really :p
Rangers cost 390-400 I think? That is an Ober squad :p
5 May 2016, 20:29 PM
Patrion 14

Not really :p
Rangers cost 390-400 I think? That is an Ober squad :p

Low budget as in the units themselves.

Literally the only thing they have is a nade and dps.
No other abilities whatsoever, it's just a no brain unit that's way too easy too use.
5 May 2016, 22:28 PM

Huge fan of ww2, love going down to the range and unloading freedom into paper from Grands, Kars to Mp40s Thompson's.

Why i bring it up? I just kinda suprise/disappointed that thompson is a short range weapon, its a .45 shell after all
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 8
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment