Login

russian armor

Which one faction is the strongest?

4 May 2016, 16:06 PM

Of course in 1v1. I want to play the most OP stuff. Suggestions? PS. I am noob so it must be easy.
4 May 2016, 16:21 PM

OKW
4 May 2016, 16:36 PM
Patrion 14

Wehrmacht :romeoHairDay:
4 May 2016, 16:43 PM

Wehrmacht :romeoHairDay:

Nice try :brad:.
aaa
4 May 2016, 16:55 PM

OKW definetely
4 May 2016, 17:13 PM
4 May 2016, 17:21 PM

In current state I would say USF > Soviets > Brits > OKW > Ost
4 May 2016, 17:26 PM

INB4 Fanboy flamewar.

Takes like two seconds to look at http://coh2chart.com/ and see that no one faction dominates. No one who plays all factions will seriously say one faction is OP.

4 May 2016, 17:27 PM

This chart means nothing and everyone knows about it.
4 May 2016, 17:30 PM

Necrons OkW/Soviets possibly. Depends on your commander picks.
4 May 2016, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 17:27 PMNeris
This chart means nothing and everyone knows about it.
Love to hear the logic behind that. Hard data that shows how often factions win and lose obviously doesn't reflect their relative overall strength - right?
4 May 2016, 17:34 PM

It still means nothing and it is not only my opinion.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 17:30 PMSwift
Necrons OkW/Soviets possibly. Depends on your commander picks.

USF, Soviets, OKW - only default commanders, Brits Vanguard + Tank Hunters commander, Wehrmacht Spearhead, Osttruppen.
4 May 2016, 17:50 PM

Soviets feels super strong in the preview
4 May 2016, 17:51 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hugely map dependent. USF is by far the strongest on maps where they can do their thing, but will get shit on on some of the chokepointy and long range maps. I'd say Soviets are more reliable in any situation though, and with a lategame that can stand up better. None of the factions are crazy OP though. If you are new to the game which faction is more OP isn't really going to matter as much as which one of you is better. There are just too many variables and things you don't know that will impact your game so much more.
14 May 2016, 13:53 PM

You want easy? Try Brits for Allies, OKW for Axis.

You want balanced? Go Murica

You want to be a masochist? Try Wehrmacht :snfCHVGame:

But if you want BEST faction... then come serve comrade Stalin and join the Soviets. :sibHeart:

slaaaaaaaaavs ya otchesvo nashe svobodnoye
14 May 2016, 14:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Serious answer

1 - O K W

2 - S U

3 - U K F

4 - U S F

5 - O S T H E E R
14 May 2016, 14:51 PM

My choices are different depending on the game type.
For 1v1s:
Soviets
OKW
USFs
Ostheer
UKF

For 2v2+:
OKW
UKF
Ostheer
Soviets
USF

This is without any cmdrs.
Cmdrs boost USFs and sovoets up a fair bit

More defensive slow moving factions are weaker in 1v1s but decently strong in team games. UKFs have some of the most cost effective tanks in the game so I put then next to OKW.

Also note all factions have their good and bad maps.
14 May 2016, 15:45 PM

Love to hear the logic behind that. Hard data that shows how often factions win and lose obviously doesn't reflect their relative overall strength - right?

Despite the immense amount of hard work by Paid_Player that goes into producing these infographics, the fact of the matter is that what is displayed are just simple counting metrics, nothing more. Having an in depth discussion with him and minds much brighter than my own over this, the main take away was: although numbers don't lie, people do. I think people have jumped onto the "I'm being quantitative, therefore my argument has more validity train" without actually properly thinking through what these numbers represent, and without recognizing that these "statistics" belay the actual nature of situational, unit, and player behavior. Furthermore, only measuring 250 players doesn't give a very representative sample of anything, not to mention it fails to represent players playing within the same bracket. A lot of the ladder is top250 bodying those in the 500--1200 range, which is... suffice to say, a disparate skill gap, and really should not be used objectively as evidence of balance.

To address the topic at hand, I would tend to stay away from the UKF and the Wehrmacht until you have learned some core tactical theory, ie. fire and maneuver and unit preservation, since mistakes are exacerbated and one slip up can lose you games, and your sanity. Once you have a better understanding of the "phases of the game" unit timing , map control (these are especially important if you would like to play as the relatively static UKF) and pressing you should sit down and ask yourself how you like to play, what is your general posture and strategy? Which units and situations do you excel with?

As a general rule of thumb, with the USF, you can be overwhelming and press high up the map like a demon, and so long as you preserve your units, maintain the pressure across as broad a front as possible, and time your teching correctly you should have success. The OKW are flexible, but require you to "read" your opponent and then make the correct decision to adapt to your situation at hand. The Soviets are similar but reward executing a plan more so than the OKW where you can freestyle a little more, I would consider the Soviets to be fairly rigid in their stratagem.

Also, PanzerGeneralForever makes a very strong point. Given the congested map design in team games, defensive factions get a natural force multiplier that they would not have had in a 1v1-- an arena that can be very difficult considering more mobile factions will run them off the map.
17 May 2016, 09:10 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I'd say it depends on what you are after. Do you want to get the lowest rank possible? Since ranks are relative to all other players playing the faction, you should pick the faction that has the lowest amount of players playing it. Which currently would be UKF. Assuming you are just about average, you'd have a rank of about

UKF: 790
USF: 1050
SOV: 1220
OKW: 1330
OH: 1640

If you want a good win/loss ratio: Yeah, that won't work out. After about 20 games or so you will most likely end up with close to 50-50. The matchmaking is not perfect, but not so bad either.

If you are after a high level (this number that goes from 1 to 20 and easily the least used value in discussions around here although arguably being the best indicator of skill): That's a discussion on which faction is easier to learn, which is probably dependent on your personal preference and experience.

Eventually, however, it still will probably end up in the same ballpark regardless of what faction you chose, so...
17 May 2016, 09:25 AM

Permanently Banned
No OP in 1v1, just wrong build orders, bad side on maps, docs and meta buildorders. 4Head.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight