Login

russian armor

(may preview) usf 60mm veterancy bonus

4 May 2016, 10:39 AM

the new usf mortar actually seems to be a copy of the wehr mortar, with one important difference: the (useless) counter barrage has been replaced by a 20% scatter reduction bonus.

this difference is important because it stack with the vet 2 bonus as well. once at vet 2, the usf 60mm scatter is reduce to 64% of its normal value. This make the mortar insanely accurate and be able to consistently snipe enemy squad.

the vet 1 bonus should be replaced with either white phosphorus or flare.
4 May 2016, 10:41 AM

Good luck trying to get it to Vet1, it can't even hit a OST bunker, or a MG42 team.
4 May 2016, 10:50 AM

Good luck trying to get it to Vet1, it can't even hit a OST bunker, or a MG42 team.

Guess I got lucky in all of my usf games then, bought mortar in 80% of games and it paid itself in every game ive build it.

I was thinking about it beeing stronger than turbowerfer, and that vet1 explains alot
4 May 2016, 11:02 AM

That's odd, I played as USF, never got a kill, and my mortars were always the least efficient units at the end of a match.

When I played as OST, I just ignored my opponents mortars, as they always missed.

I don't have any quantifiable stats to compare though :/
4 May 2016, 12:15 PM

Last game I played preview mod my opponent had a USF mortar with ~20 kills in like 30 mins. I think it vets way to fast aswell. Every time it hits it gains one star of vet lol. I thing there is too much AOE damage.

One squad of mine (volks, 100% health), behind a wall got hit (mortar round hit on top of the wall) and lost like 70% of its health with no models lost. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.
4 May 2016, 12:20 PM
Patrion 14

It vets too fast I agree.

I hope Relic just removes the USF mortar, no use for it in early game and when you do, better to just use the pak howie.

Or even remove one of them and replace with something else.
4 May 2016, 12:22 PM

I think the USF mortar is a good addition so why remove it? It's quite accurate I agree, maybe it needs some change, but definetly not removal.
4 May 2016, 14:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

they should take mirages mortar, turbo fire rate and pack up but has lowest AOE and range of all other mortars.

Fits the USF theme and isn't OP. Why are they nitpicking and choosing what things to crossover between the mods, it's becoming quite a headache
4 May 2016, 14:25 PM

they should take mirages mortar, turbo fire rate and pack up but has lowest AOE and range of all other mortars.

Fits the USF theme and isn't OP. Why are they nitpicking and choosing what things to crossover between the mods, it's becoming quite a headache

i would prefer actual, hurting shells instead of 2000 cotton balls fired in turbo speed tho
4 May 2016, 14:32 PM

Although I really enjoyed mirages' version - it allows silly strategies of opening with 4 mortars in a 2on2, whilst heavily relying on the teammate to do great. They'll just turbo bombard everything that gets close :D
4 May 2016, 14:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

i would prefer actual, hurting shells instead of 2000 cotton balls fired in turbo speed tho

Same. but it balanced it. They weren't cotton balls but they weren't turbo nukes either. To kill something it had to be an HMG or a building. Not just anti everything.

What I liked about mirage version is that it was mainly used to skip smoke nades since the smoke came down so fast, not as a replacement for the howie.

Mirages also didn't have OP vet.

The relic mortar is just the Ost mortar, IMO that's not good especially coming from a faction like USF.
at least that's the vibe I'm getting from these posts since i have only played like 1-2 game of the balance preview version.

*Btw lelic if you read this change the build hotkey for USF mortar, it's the same as it used to be for the ambulance. I accidentally build double mortar cause of that :snfPeter:
4 May 2016, 20:03 PM

I absolutely love the USF mortar due to it being quite different from the other mortars in terms of constantly positioning close behind your line, firing, repositioning, repeat. However the scatter seems to a bit much even from afar and replacing the Vet 1 ability with WP rounds would allow for more tactical opportunities. Should keep the smoke barrage instead of WP replacing. (Thus a smoke and WP barrage)

Also it seems to fit USF well considering the fast RoF and quick de-setup time.
4 May 2016, 20:07 PM

I absolutely love the USF mortar due to it being quite different from the other mortars in terms of constantly positioning close behind your line, firing, repositioning, repeat. However the scatter seems to a bit much even from afar and replacing the Vet 1 ability with WP rounds would allow for more tactical opportunities. Should keep the smoke barrage instead of WP replacing. (Thus a smoke and WP barrage)

Also it seems to fit USF well considering the fast RoF and quick de-setup time.

the stats are a copy of the ostheer mortar
4 May 2016, 20:10 PM
Donator 11

The mortar is 60mm, that means the shell is 2,5 times smaller than 82/81mm mortar shell and that the range is smaller irl. I feel miragefla wanted to show it in his mod: the shells have less aoe and range becouse of smaller caliber, but also the whole mortar is easier to handle so it shoots more often and packs up quicker.
4 May 2016, 20:10 PM

the stats are a copy of the ostheer mortar

I meant in terms of usage but it seems a bit much considering how good OST mortar is. Does anyone know if there is ANY difference?
4 May 2016, 20:16 PM

The mortar is 60mm, that means the shell is 2,5 times smaller than 82/81mm mortar shell and that the range is smaller irl. I feel miragefla wanted to show it in his mod: the shells have less aoe and range becouse of smaller caliber, but also the whole mortar is easier to handle so it shoots more often and packs up quicker.

hooray for historical accuracy attempt i guess
4 May 2016, 20:18 PM

I meant in terms of usage but it seems a bit much considering how good OST mortar is. Does anyone know if there is ANY difference?

the barrage is not a direct copy, but pretty close.

the auto-fire does seems to be a direct copy, until the usf mortar get its vet 1 bonus.
4 May 2016, 20:20 PM
Donator 11

hooray for historical accuracy attempt i guess

Reality is the most obvious place to look for assymetrical ballance inspirations I guess.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★