Login

russian armor

T34 85 has turret cupola give it Tank commander already

4 May 2016, 08:27 AM

T34 85 has turret cupola give it Tank commander already that would increase sight range.
4 May 2016, 08:34 AM

A single valid balance reason why?
4 May 2016, 10:39 AM

A single valid balance reason why?

Well... there is a reason. USSR is again lack-faction here, cos all other factions may upgrade their tanks with outer MG or sightman. And only USSR are unable to upgrade their tanks. It doesn't look fair...

But sightmen for USSR tanks is also lame idea, that will be copy of UKFs commanders. Why not to give to soviet tanks "sandbags" or another kind of additional armoring upgrade? + HP, + Armor by field tools. Typical Ruissan mind :D And T-34-76s will not be that fragile and dying as flies against Panthers.

Another way of upgrading is to make upgrade, which will allow infantry to use tank as carrier. Seems pretty reasonable too, since almost all soviet infantry is close-combat orientated. So, they drive closer on tanks, drop and then party starts! :D

Anyway, I think soviet tanks should have some kind of upgrade, cos otherwise it looks pretty lame. All other factions can upgrade (even fkin StuG G can get HMG on roof, jeez...) and USSR can't.
4 May 2016, 11:11 AM

T34 85 has turret cupola give it Tank commander already that would increase sight range.

Russian tank crews tended to operate with all the hatches shut IIRC. So while it would indeed be a good upgrade I don't think it is needed or historically (I know rite lelic lol) accurate.

4 May 2016, 12:09 PM

All other factions can upgrade (even fkin StuG G can get HMG on roof, jeez...) and USSR can't.
Because the StuG had a top MG while the T-34 didn´t. Balance wise the StuG trades 10 range for being able to somewhat combat infantry.
4 May 2016, 12:19 PM

Because the StuG had a top MG while the T-34 didn´t. Balance wise the StuG trades 10 range for being able to somewhat combat infantry.

And what about "better armor and HP"? I thought that StuG G is kinda SU-76 with lesser range, but with bigger damage, tougher HP and armor. StuG doesn't really need topMG. And T-34-76/85 and KV series tanks would really use some upgrades, cos it looks dumb. Everyone can upgrade their tanks - USSR can't. I thought that USSR were good in tank production. Sandbags, overrepair, deviceses for to carry infantry... just something! It would be also additional way to spend your ammo on something useful.
4 May 2016, 12:20 PM

I thought that USSR were good in tank production.
They were all about quantity after 1942.
4 May 2016, 12:31 PM

They were all about quantity after 1942.

But here is a difference. Quantity over quality worked IRL, but in CoH 2 it's "quality over quantity"...

Anyway, if it will be possible to get field upgrade for T-34 and KVs - is it somehow goes against history? As I said - sandbags, overrepair, or ability to carry infantry, that's at least 3 obvious ideas for soviet tanks upgrading. Don't see anything wrong in that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★