Login

russian armor

Airburst rounds vs. Royal artillery.

4 May 2016, 05:52 AM

That may be strange only for me, but still:

Royal Artillery is one of worst doctrines in game, obviously. Can be compared with Feuersturm. And it's sooo bad, that... one stock upgrade is alone better than entire doctrine for your artillery!

Seriously, I don't understand, why so cool and powerful thing, like airburst shells are non-doctrinal, while shitty things, like Valentine, Sexton or "3-shoot barage for 100 ammo" are. I think, airbursts should be part of Royal Artillery doctrine, just like Counterbattery fire. All best abilities and upgrades for UK arty are not in Royal Arty doctrine - it's insane!

I think it's possible to change Sexton and Airburst upgrade places. Non-doc Sexton may look kinda OP, but... you know, it sux. No damage, no accuracy, no range. It's just big mortar, not howitzer. And airburst shells really improve your base arty guns and making them effective at least against infantry and static posisitons like PaK43. At least, it will make RA doctrine more attractive for those, who really want to use base howitzers.

And I think, that UK artillery should be fully reworked. Idea of non-doc but pretty useless base arty is not that awesome, like it sounds. That's kinda fun to use it for to test your luck, cos only with luck those guns can be useful, or with airbursts again.

4 May 2016, 07:41 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That's an insult to Feuersturm.
4 May 2016, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2016, 07:41 AMTobis
That's an insult to Feuersturm.

I think hetzer is the insult to Feuersturm :sibPheasant:
4 May 2016, 11:58 AM

I don't see any benefit to doing this.

Truth is, airburst rounds aren't really that good. Their main advantage is that they land exactly (or very close to) where you place the flare rather than half a map away like the rest of the shells. It's why anvil is more or less needed to get royal arty to do anything beyond light up the map.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★