Login

russian armor

The Panzerjäger Doctrine [New Commander Idea]

2 May 2016, 00:53 AM

Hello and welcome! I'd like to discuss a way to keep panzerschrecks in the game, for the OKW. This is something that Relic might already be thinking about if they have decided that panzerschrecks are gone for good after this patch. I decided I'd come up with a doctrine that would preserve the OKW's AT capabilities, and I decided to name it: The Panzerjäger Doctrine.
Commander Picture:

Commander Description:
Disable and destroy enemy armor with a variety of anti-tank weaponry. Equip sturmpioneers with cheap and reliable panzerbüchse 39s. Bring a halt to enemy armor with teller mines. Use elite panzerjäger to chase down enemy armor. If the enemy attempts an armored assault, the sheer stopping power of the Pak 43 anti-tank gun will destroy their tanks one by one.

This doctrine would consist of the following call-ins/abilities:

• [1 CP] Sturmpioneer Anti-Tank Package - Equip sturmpioneers with 2x panzerbüchse 39's to fend off light enemy vehicles. (60 Munitions; No longer can purchase support package)

• [3 CP] Teller Mine - Sturmpioneers can now plant anti-tank Teller mines. (50 Munitions)

• [4 CP] Panzerjäger - Dispatch an elite tank hunter squad equipped with anti-tank weaponry. (340 Manpower; 9 Population; Can be upgraded with 2x panzerschrecks).

• [4 CP] Artillery Flares - Flares are fired at the target area, revealing the area.

• [8 CP] Pak 43 Emplacement - Pioneers and Sturmpioneers are able to construct powerful Pak 43 88mm anti-tank gun emplacements.

Note: The 'Pak 43 Emplacement' will be in the layout for now, but i was thinking of adding a(n) [8 CP] Flak 88, or [6 CP] AT hetzer instead.

I'd just want to hear your thoughts on this idea before I explain it any further, and experiment with it via the attribute editor. I wouldn't want to waste my time experimenting and compiling an in-game preview (A Working Mod) of this if people don't like the idea. If you'd like something changed in this doctrine's current layout, please feel free to share it in the discussion area bellow this post.

Anyways, thanks for taking your time to read this, and I hope you have a good day/night.
    ~Karbinder
2 May 2016, 00:59 AM

the problem is that it includes an entirely new unit with entirely new voice lines. sad to say that it wont happen.
2 May 2016, 01:03 AM

the problem is that it includes an entirely new unit with entirely new voice lines. sad to say that it wont happen.

Recycle Jaeger Light Infantry voice lines?
2 May 2016, 01:07 AM

Replace tellers with Riegels and it will be a decent doc
2 May 2016, 01:10 AM

Replace tellers with Riegels and it will be a decent doc

I would, but there a problem. They don't have a 251 halftrack (which wouldn't be included in the commander).
2 May 2016, 01:20 AM

Same comment I made on your other version of this, maybe swap the Pak43 with an AT Hetzer. Its not necessary, but would be nice.
2 May 2016, 01:23 AM

Same comment I made on your other version of this, maybe swap the Pak43 with an AT Hetzer. Its not necessary, but would be nice.

I was actually thinking about that, and also a Flak 88 replacing the Pak 43, but Relic's too lazy to add a Flak 88, and the Hetzer... maybe, but I'd only consider it once I figure out how to replace the gun with a normal AT version (which isn't in the attributes).
2 May 2016, 01:41 AM

Fair enough, I haven't messed around in the editor in a long time. As to the flak, we probably won't get it, but Relic really should have added it instead of the OKW Pak 43.
2 May 2016, 01:45 AM

what about the panzerbüchse 39's purchasable on volks instead of sturms?
2 May 2016, 01:51 AM

what about the panzerbüchse 39's purchasable on volks instead of sturms?

Volks w/ panzerschrecks = Blob, Volks w/ panzerbüchse 39's = Blob. I really don't want to throw any AT into a unit that is so easily blobbed; otherwise, the OKW commanders would end up just like the British commanders, where only about 2/8 are used.
2 May 2016, 02:42 AM

+1 to this idea Karbinder
2 May 2016, 04:22 AM

Hello and welcome! I'd like to discuss a way to keep panzerschrecks in the game, for the OKW. This is something that Relic might already be thinking about if they have decided that panzerschrecks are gone for good after this patch. I decided I'd come up with a doctrine that would preserve the OKW's AT capabilities, and I decided to name it: The Panzerjäger Doctrine.
Commander Picture:

Commander Description:
Disable and destroy enemy armor with a variety of anti-tank weaponry. Equip sturmpioneers with cheap and reliable panzerbüchse 39s. Bring a halt to enemy armor with teller mines. Use elite panzerjäger to chase down enemy armor. If the enemy attempts an armored assault, the sheer stopping power of the Pak 43 anti-tank gun will destroy their tanks one by one.

This doctrine would consist of the following call-ins/abilities:

• [1 CP] Sturmpioneer Anti-Tank Package - Equip sturmpioneers with 2x panzerbüchse 39's to fend off light enemy vehicles. (60 Munitions; No longer can purchase support package)

• [3 CP] Teller Mine - Sturmpioneers can now plant anti-tank Teller mines. (50 Munitions)

• [4 CP] Panzerjäger - Dispatch an elite tank hunter squad equipped with anti-tank weaponry. (340 Manpower; 9 Population; Can be upgraded with 2x panzerschrecks).

• [4 CP] Artillery Flares - Flares are fired at the target area, revealing the area.

• [8 CP] Pak 43 Emplacement - Pioneers and Sturmpioneers are able to construct powerful Pak 43 88mm anti-tank gun emplacements.

Note: The 'Pak 43 Emplacement' will be in the layout for now, but i was thinking of adding a(n) [8 CP] Flak 88, or [6 CP] AT hetzer instead.

I'd just want to hear your thoughts on this idea before I explain it any further, and experiment with it via the attribute editor. I wouldn't want to waste my time experimenting and compiling an in-game preview (A Working Mod) of this if people don't like the idea. If you'd like something changed in this doctrine's current layout, please feel free to share it in the discussion area bellow this post.

Anyways, thanks for taking your time to read this, and I hope you have a good day/night.
    ~Karbinder

These Panzerjagers are 3 man correct?
2 May 2016, 04:26 AM

These Panzerjagers are 3 man correct?

4 man. 2 men at all times are dedicated to AT whether it be panzerbüchse 39s (what they spawn with), or panzerschrecks (what they can be upgraded with). The other 2 have kar98s.
2 May 2016, 04:42 AM

I would suggest a 12cp Jagdpanther and replace artillery flare with something else since this doctrine does not have anything great to use after using the artillery flare. Since it is an anti tank doctrine, you could add 8cp 88 and 12 cp Jagdpanther. Rest is good.
2 May 2016, 04:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 04:42 AMClick
I would suggest a 12cp Jagdpanther and replace artillery flare with something else since this doctrine does not have anything great to use after using the artillery flare. Since it is an anti tank doctrine, you could add 8cp 88 and 12 cp Jagdpanther. Rest is good.

Sight boosts can always be pretty useful for AT guns and JPIV, but unfortunately, OKW's AT gun's range is short.
2 May 2016, 04:57 AM

Replace Pak43 with Jagdpanther or Nashorn
2 May 2016, 04:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 04:42 AMClick
I'm planning on using artillery flares for exposing armor for the Pak 43, so it can be sniped. This could be combined with the panzerjäger's 'detection' ability (same thing as the stormtrooper's version) so you would know where to target the flares. If the Flak 88 was added, then the artillery flares would be of extra utility due to the Flak 88's barrage ability, which I'm thinking would be unlocked at Vet 3. The Jagdpanther is something that I'd rather not include in this doctrine for one reason: it would be too much work for one doctrine. In my perspective, it's either the Flak 88, or a Jagdpanther. I'd choose the Flak 88. I try to keep this doctrine as simple as I can at first by recycling already in-game abilities, but if Relic were to consider working on this commander, I'd go ahead an say for sure to use the Flak 88 instead of the Pak 43.
2 May 2016, 05:12 AM

I'm planning on using artillery flares for exposing armor for the Pak 43, so it can be sniped. This could be combined with the panzerjäger's 'detection' ability (same thing as the stormtrooper's version) so you would know where to target the flares. If the Flak 88 was added, then the artillery flares would be of extra utility due to the Flak 88's barrage ability, which I'm thinking would be unlocked at Vet 3. The Jagdpanther is something that I'd rather not include in this doctrine for one reason: it would be too much work for one doctrine. In my perspective, it's either the Flak 88, or a Jagdpanther. I'd choose the Flak 88. I try to keep this doctrine as simple as I can at first by recycling already in-game abilities, but if Relic were to consider working on this commander, I'd go ahead an say for sure to use the Flak 88 instead of the Pak 43.

Not much more work than Heavy Cavalry doctrine. 1 tank, 1 squad and 1 weapon.
2 May 2016, 05:15 AM

For me Jagdpanther is the ultimate anti tank machine and I rate it above elepant and jagdtiger because it is faster and can hit the field just at the right time. I would love to see it in this doctrine. I still remember how jagdpanther could take on vanilla shermans blob in vcoh and own them with a laugh.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★