Login

russian armor

(may preview) okw medic truck and anti-tank

3 May 2016, 07:31 AM

90% of USF go Captain instead of LT. The lack of any AT really hurts the LT building.

Medical truck is in a similar situation without the schreck, except okw need the building for healing.

But if 57mm was a HQ unit, Lieutenat would receive new life.
On the other hand, raketen is HQ unit.
3 May 2016, 08:06 AM

There is one more thing related to medic hq. Now that is a price to pay for medics upgrade, which is fine, I would work a little at FRP cost. If we consider a FRP, there should be medics also. The investment is too high for both of them, and an outside base FRP looks verry inatractive in balance preview patch (before it involved risks + moderate cost, now it involves risks + high costs). I think this FRP option must still be viable. So a cost reduction for FRP upgrade souldn't harm.
3 May 2016, 08:48 AM

But if 57mm was a HQ unit, Lieutenat would receive new life.
On the other hand, raketen is HQ unit.

the USF AAHT is also a far better unit than the OKW AAHT. having the 57mm + m15 ht would be a pretty decent combo.

the okw is crap. the 37mm on the m15 is actually capable of fending off axis light vehicle. The faster set up on the 37mm (2.13 seconds vs 4 seconds) also more than make up for the weird firing arc. In addition, the the .50cal on the m15aaht are both capable weapon as well.

While the extra manpower cost on the m15aaht might justified the back up .50cal, the 20mm on the okw AAHT should really be on par with the 37mm. At the moment I would consider the 37mm to be superior to the 20mm.
3 May 2016, 09:02 AM

There is one more thing related to medic hq. Now that is a price to pay for medics upgrade, which is fine, I would work a little at FRP cost. If we consider a FRP, there should be medics also. The investment is too high for both of them, and an outside base FRP looks verry inatractive in balance preview patch (before it involved risks + moderate cost, now it involves risks + high costs). I think this FRP option must still be viable. So a cost reduction for FRP upgrade souldn't harm.

Oh wow!
OKW FRP is actually an important economical decision now that isn't appealing 100% of the time?
What the world has come to!

The only thing that changed here is 100/15 cost, this is hardly high or crippling.
You still have best and most durable FRP in the game if you choose to place it forward.

Not everything OKW has needs to be no-brainer choice and we're going to that place with the changes.
3 May 2016, 09:03 AM

Yep 300 MP feels way too much

cutting it down in half seems good
3 May 2016, 09:55 AM

Oh wow!
OKW FRP is actually an important economical decision now that isn't appealing 100% of the time?
What the world has come to!

The only thing that changed here is 100/15 cost, this is hardly high or crippling.
You still have best and most durable FRP in the game if you choose to place it forward.

Not everything OKW has needs to be no-brainer choice and we're going to that place with the changes.

Well it wasn't verry appealing 100% of the time, sometimes it's a liability, especialy if allies know how to counter it (which is verry easy, by picking a doctrine or just build some units rather than others....). I didn't see many people using the FRP strat, alot of them prefer a safer approach. My fear is this strategic options will look now too "unappealing" and people will stop using it, especially that now, in the upcoming patch, medic building, as a whole, looks less attractive.... I know that suits you fine, but I am talking here about the number of tactical possibilities and diversity that should stay high, not just about "oh, look, the faction I hate most received a nerf, yes, yes, yes!!!!"
3 May 2016, 11:54 AM

Flak ht doesn't need any buff, because it already does great vs infantry and is super awesome vs aircrafts, have you ever seen how it instant shoot down the p47 or how it instant pin infantry?! just think about how much it costs! and how fast it can come out and all the vet bonus and how it scales up for the late game and how it renders any enemy air ability absolutely useless! it's a great unit already
3 May 2016, 12:07 PM

What is ridiculous is the cost to set up one.

Flak ht doesn't need any buff,
It does desperately need multiple buffs and a cost decrease.
3 May 2016, 12:10 PM

What is ridiculous is the cost to set up one.

3 May 2016, 12:22 PM

Almost sounds like Relic best (TM) balance policy! :/

Raketen needs a firing arc increase or setup time decrease in exchange for that reduced range IMO so it isn't as vulnerable to flanks from light vehicles... since anything can wipe it pretty much.
3 May 2016, 13:03 PM

The FlakHT doesn't need direct buffs per se.

However, it does suffer immensely from having its projectiles collide with whatever little tree/wall/little obstacle happens to be on the way.

Sure, Most non-Centaur tanks also suffer from the safe fate. However, with other tanks, you can simply relocate to a better vantage point and fire away. However, the FlakHT has to stop and setup. That makes it very awkward to use. It would be nice if they could make the FlakHT more consistent (e.g., more accurate, but less suppression-per-volley).

With the upcoming balance patch, I don't see the point of ever buying a FlakHT, when I can buy the cheapest MG in the game.

(With every other faction in the game, I would definitely buy the AA HT for its AA capabilities. However, for OKW, that point is moot, since they get free-popcap AA with their T4).
3 May 2016, 18:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cleanse page 2. Stay on topic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak