Login

russian armor

Swap units between USF tech tiers

1 May 2016, 21:08 PM

It's a nice idea.

The thing about USF is that the LT costs enough fuel that it often creates and either/or situation as far as the captain tier is concerned.

If the LT was made cheap fuel-wise, it would for sure be used more. It would certainly help break the monotony of rifles in the earlier game. And though I do like AT guns arriving later rather than sooner, we already have t0 raketens and ZiS readily available so that's kind of moot.

But I'm also crazy and think that only the Lieutenant should have smoke grenades, without needing grenades researched. :p

The M20 would be great to see having a window of effectiveness, especially since the 222 has enjoyed some much needed buffs. (I still think 300 health was at least 20 health too much. It needed armor, at least as an upgrade.) Only question is how it would roll with OKW, especially if we consider the notion of no volk schrecks.
1 May 2016, 21:17 PM

It's a nice idea.

The thing about USF is that the LT costs enough fuel that it often creates and either/or situation as far as the captain tier is concerned.

If the LT was made cheap fuel-wise, it would for sure be used more. It would certainly help break the monotony of rifles in the earlier game. And though I do like AT guns arriving later rather than sooner, but we already have t0 raketens and ZiS readily available so that's kind of moot.

But I'm also crazy and think that only the Lieutenant should have smoke grenades, without needing grenades researched.

I pretty much love the LT tier, especially the .50 cal HMG and M20. But it's such a gamble going there because it delays any actual substantive AT.

You had a bit of a safety net because even if LT tier goes poorly for you, the Captain won't follow too much later w/ Zooks to push off a 222 or Luchs. But now no Zooks for Captain means you have to wait for 57 mm or tech Weapon Rack.

It probably makes the most sense to go LT / dick around / Weapon Rack and throw Zooks on REs or something, then maybe Captain if you must, but you're really delaying medium armor at this point.

The 57 mm should go to T0 and unlock when you tech either LT or Captain. I think you'd see a lot more diversity in USF play if this were the case.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★