Login

russian armor

ISU 152 AP ROUNDS need pen buff?

29 Apr 2016, 04:34 AM

i think they should have more penetration cuz they bounce to ofter with huge reload time. and the switch weapon is to long i think also
29 Apr 2016, 09:25 AM

The 152 AP rounds are supposed to only be mediocre for the sake of balance. It would be a bit awkward when the ISU152 can rival the anti-tank firepower of the Elephant and Jagdtiger but also switch to being a squad-wiping machine when there are no tanks around. That is why the AP rounds from the ISU152 only have half the penetrating power when compared with rounds from the Elephant.
29 Apr 2016, 11:45 AM

I think I'd rather they just remove AP shells, and increase the deflection damage and stun chance of HE rounds against armor. That's all that thing fired anyway.
29 Apr 2016, 12:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 11:45 AMArclyte
I think I'd rather they just remove AP shells, and increase the deflection damage and stun chance of HE rounds against armor. That's all that thing fired anyway.

To act like irl it would need to not only shoot low pen HE rounds but also insta kill everything it managed to penetrate (like panthers rear armor). That would be too rng based and thus impossible to ballance in coh2 though.
29 Apr 2016, 13:23 PM

To act like irl it would need to not only shoot low pen HE rounds but also insta kill everything it managed to penetrate (like panthers rear armor). That would be too rng based and thus impossible to ballance in coh2 though.

Not that we want irl stuff in this game, but real ISU-152 didn't had to penetrate to absolutely wreck anything :snfPeter: that 152mm gun with high-explosive or even anti-building rounds didn't really care :snfPeter:
29 Apr 2016, 13:28 PM

Something needs to change with the ISU. It got nerfed into the ground.

You still see Jagdtigers because of their huge Alpha. They ruin EVERY allied tank.

ISU bounces off loads of Axis tanks. How many ISU's have you seen in 3v3, 4v4 since the nerf? I haven't seen one in 100+ games.
29 Apr 2016, 13:37 PM

It has been nerfed too hard, I think pretty much all heavies besides the JT and IS2 (with preview mod buff) needs buffs. I don't mind the change to nerf the rear armor, but the front armor should be buffed to compensate.
29 Apr 2016, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 13:37 PMHitman5
It has been nerfed too hard, I think pretty much all heavies besides the JT and IS2 (with preview mod buff) needs buffs. I don't mind the change to nerf the rear armor, but the front armor should be buffed to compensate.

To compensate for what? :snfPeter:

Pro tip: overpowered things get nerfed to become balanced, not to be buffed again :snfPeter: heavy tanks were unkillable even after a perfect flank which is risky itself, their front armor has nothing to do with that, and what's more, it's balanced at this moment. Don't forget Relic wants to get rid of RNG, and high armor is constant dice rolls.
29 Apr 2016, 15:16 PM

i ment AT rounds ssorry anyway to change it? made a mistake
29 Apr 2016, 15:20 PM

for the amount of dmg a AT shell from isu does is really low when looking at its reload time and penetration. if the dmg isnt raised the penetration need to be better
29 Apr 2016, 15:56 PM
Donator 11

i ment AT rounds ssorry anyway to change it? made a mistake

Actually what you wrote there is correct. AP stands for armour piercing and is used in shell terminology. AT stands for anti tank and is used in weapon and gun terminology. We are talking about ammunition so AP is as correct as it can be.
29 Apr 2016, 17:35 PM

AP rounds definitely need improvement. That makes me laugh to see, that AP round reflects from Panther armor. Sometimes - even rear armor, lol, saw that at least twice. Would like to see, how IS-2 reflects Ele or JT round...

Btw, I stand for making universal rounds back. No AP, no HE - one type of rounds for all purpouses. KT has universal rounds, Pershing has universal rounds, Comet has universal rounds...

I don't see any problems in giving universal rounds back to ISU, since it costs almost like Jagdtiger (20 fuel and some MP difference). Jagtiger has more HP, more armor, bigger range of fire. ISU have all-purpouses rounds. Seems fair to me.
29 Apr 2016, 19:39 PM

The AP round may be lackluster but the ISU-152 is an absolute infantry slaughtering machine.
If they buffed its anti-tank capability then they would probably nerf the high explosive rounds and that would just be awful.

The most I'd like is the Concrete piercing round ability buffed a little bit maybe, perhaps make it a timed ability like the Jagdtiger ability.
29 Apr 2016, 22:21 PM

AP rounds definitely need improvement. That makes me laugh to see, that AP round reflects from Panther armor. Sometimes - even rear armor..

The panther has 320 frontal armour, so yea its going to have a chance to bounce, thats ok cause it out ranges it by 20. Also AP rounds statistically can not bounce the rear armour of the panther, its only 110 (less than a t34s front armour)
29 Apr 2016, 23:15 PM

The AP round may be lackluster but the ISU-152 is an absolute infantry slaughtering machine.
If they buffed its anti-tank capability then they would probably nerf the high explosive rounds and that would just be awful.

The most I'd like is the Concrete piercing round ability buffed a little bit maybe, perhaps make it a timed ability like the Jagdtiger ability.

the HE switch to AP is so long it shouldnt matter how good HE is to inf it should still be able to fight a panthers or tigers armor from long range and not have to get close just to penetrate. the AP shell just bounce to much vs even medium armor i think just a little bit of well deserved penetration boost will make this tank useful for its price. its not like it has pak43 dmg or ele dmg... so give it penetraion..it hits like a su85 with double wait time
30 Apr 2016, 00:31 AM
Donator 11

the HE switch to AP is so long it shouldnt matter how good HE is to inf it should still be able to fight a panthers or tigers armor from long range and not have to get close just to penetrate. the AP shell just bounce to much vs even medium armor i think just a little bit of well deserved penetration boost will make this tank useful for its price. its not like it has pak43 dmg or ele dmg... so give it penetraion..it hits like a su85 with double wait time

If you are firing at tanks at max range it should be a good idea to use HE rounds. They have deflection damage, if I remember stats correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong though, isu-152 is not often used or talked about.
30 Apr 2016, 04:50 AM

i think they should have more penetration cuz they bounce to ofter with huge reload time. and the switch weapon is to long i think also

Just going to let you know that there is already a thread on the official forums about the ISU.

Anyway, Ill just say my piece as I said on the official forums. All I believe the ISU needs is a veterancy requirement reduction and the 30% less scatter at vet 2 to be replace with 20% more pen (Iv always have a grudge against the fact a panzer 4 with skirts can bounce a AP round). This would reduce squad wipes at higher veterancy but make the ISU somewhat more confident against tanks as a reward for keeping it alive.

Concrete round needs to do 320 damage and have a absolute pen value like the sturmtiger has (Iv seen this bounce of a kt, 70 muni for a single shot that can still bounce and hit the ground as well as dealing the same damage as the main gun is bs).

Edit: The concrete round needs to be aimed, what I mean is the round will sometimes just hit the ground before reaching its intended destination.

2 May 2016, 03:02 AM

agreed
2 May 2016, 04:14 AM

+1, the "weakness" is the 15s switch time already, and a +20 pen buff or something would help against med tanks while still giving heavy TDs like elefant and jagdtiger an edge over it.
6 May 2016, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2016, 04:14 AMHorasu
+1, the "weakness" is the 15s switch time already, and a +20 pen buff or something would help against med tanks while still giving heavy TDs like elefant and jagdtiger an edge over it.

+5
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight