Login

russian armor

ISU 152 AP ROUNDS need pen buff?

7 May 2016, 09:43 AM

I wrote that some months before. I think the ISU-152 was notorious for using its HE shells versus vehicles. Believe it or not: The AP shells could bounce off, the HE shells would however devastate the target. Give it an increased reload time but let it fire its HE shells effectively against vehicles and infantry alike. Maybe an "AVRE/ Sturmtiger light" approach would fit the vehicle, where you fire a devastating shell every 20 seconds.
7 May 2016, 10:40 AM

I wrote that some months before. I think the ISU-152 was notorious for using its HE shells versus vehicles. Believe it or not: The AP shells could bounce off, the HE shells would however devastate the target. Give it an increased reload time but let it fire its HE shells effectively against vehicles and infantry alike. Maybe an "AVRE/ Sturmtiger light" approach would fit the vehicle, where you fire a devastating shell every 20 seconds.

what would be the point of uidng AP shells then lol.

Me personally i would be happy if its AT improved but at the cost of losing some of its AI. It currently can wipe squads in 1 shot and then by buffing its AT its going to counter tanks too. IMO it should either excel in either AI, AT or have its AT buffed and AI nerfed a little to make it good at both but not excel in them.
7 May 2016, 17:10 PM

We nerfed it since it was too OP having great AT/AI ability. Not sure why we would go back. Pick one - not both.
7 May 2016, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 17:10 PMGdot
We nerfed it since it was too OP having great AT/AI ability. Not sure why we would go back. Pick one - not both.

its not balanced right now tho soo yea.. its AP dont penetrate its HE is fine. and its suposed to be good with both thats why u can switch its shells to "pick" one. but the switch time is waay to long just needs a fews secs reduced and more penetration. its not a elephant so its dmg is fine where it is
7 May 2016, 17:33 PM

What about concrete piercing rounds?
7 May 2016, 18:43 PM

What about concrete piercing rounds?

i use them but they dont always work if ur on a hill with a lil height u can use through a building if ur to low it wont work. and it needs to not get caught by a second building becuz it always stops it if its to much things in way
7 May 2016, 19:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1

I'll say that an AP pen buff is possible, only if you further increase the time it takes to switch from one type of shell into the other.
7 May 2016, 23:31 PM

isu switch time more if its ap ability is changed to wat its supposed to be? crazy talk. if isu in AP mode isnt as good penetration as su85 its not working right
8 May 2016, 00:13 AM

if you encounter JT/Ele with isu you are pretty much fcked. then you can only hope that the blobs dont get protected all the time by JT/Ele, because otherwise the isu is completely useless

"and a +20 pen buff or something would help against med tanks while still giving heavy TDs like elefant and jagdtiger an edge over it."
i like
8 May 2016, 19:11 PM

Back then the game was different tho, back then the meta was to not tech and just use call ins, back then it was possible to call in multiple heavy vehcles. It was OP because it was effective vs everything AND it was possible to get multiple. Also if memory serves me when the split the shells they ALSO reduced the pen (AP shells have less pen then the all round shells did ontop of offering no AI capabilities)
9 May 2016, 00:30 AM
Donator 11

With its already pretty high reload, low armor, acceleration, and low gun (hits geometry a lot. It could use a slight buff in pen without compromising balance.
9 May 2016, 17:27 PM

if you encounter JT/Ele with isu you are pretty much fcked. then you can only hope that the blobs dont get protected all the time by JT/Ele, because otherwise the isu is completely useless

"and a +20 pen buff or something would help against med tanks while still giving heavy TDs like elefant and jagdtiger an edge over it."
i like
i was think like 30-40 from far, ele and jt always gona be better then it cuz it stil will have alot more pen and the dmg per shell is alot stronger. isu ap shell is wat 200 dmg? vs elephants what?
9 May 2016, 18:16 PM

Iirc the ele and JT deal 320 per shell
9 May 2016, 18:24 PM

Iirc the ele and JT deal 320 per shell

Correct. ISU does 240 with both shells, which is the same as the KT, which actually only has 10 less penetration and a bit more DPS.

Actually, more than a bit more DPS, the KT 88 alone has almost twice as much DPS. It's reload is about 6 seconds while the ISU has a 10 second reload.
9 May 2016, 18:45 PM

I don't know about you guys but when I see a Panther bouncing off a hit by an AT shell from a gun with 10sec reload time, shot by an extremely expensive assault gun, I'd feel cheated.
9 May 2016, 18:47 PM

if u ask me better idea is just nerf jagtiger this thing is cancer in teamgames really
9 May 2016, 20:18 PM

I don't know about you guys but when I see a Panther bouncing off a hit by an AT shell from a gun with 10sec reload time, shot by an extremely expensive assault gun, I'd feel cheated.

foreal tho, it says on bulletins thats isu is a true multirole vehicle, and earned the name beast killer for its ability to literally shatter panthers and tigers.
9 May 2016, 20:22 PM
Donator 11

foreal tho, it says on bulletins thats isu is a true multirole vehicle, and earned the name beast killer for its ability to literally shatter panthers and tigers.

It did, but not by using AP shells :p
9 May 2016, 20:25 PM

It did, but not by using AP shells :p

then what HE? lol stop playin bro
9 May 2016, 20:29 PM
Donator 11

then what HE? lol stop playin bro

Things that are on bulletins are irl historical stuff. And historically SU-152 and ISU-152 earned their name of "animal killers" by destroying enemy tanks with HE rounds. They did it just like artillery does it, with big enough explosive shell.

On distances that these guns were used at, their low velocity AP round simply had absolutely no penetration.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★