Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Mod - Your Thoughts After Using It

PAGES (8)down
29 Apr 2016, 09:13 AM

Maybe its to keep OKW's early game more agressive and not as defensive as Ostheer.

Pretty much.
Volks are stronger then grens early game after all.
29 Apr 2016, 09:23 AM

ST + Kubel at your cutoff and when you finally think you manage to push them back, HMG34 to suppress you.
Balance says no.
29 Apr 2016, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 09:13 AMKatitof

Pretty much.
Volks are stronger then grens early game after all.

Exactly ( I hope it was no irony :snfPeter: ). It would also make OKW and Ostheer pretty much the same in the early game.

MG + 3-4 (Volks-) grens.
29 Apr 2016, 09:30 AM

i actually dont really see a reason to play ostheer anymore, the only thing they do objectively better is the sniper, and arguably the mortar. okw has access to better infantry, a slightly weaker mg, and has access to the same mg doctrinally, better elite infantry, better tanks, 5 levels of vet, etc.
29 Apr 2016, 09:31 AM

Played two games so it is a bit early to come to a conclusion.

Though I did lose a Tiger to T-34 spam in a situation where I shouldn´t have lost the Tiger. Keeping the frontal armor at the T-34s and driving backwards and having a Pak behind. The Pak was killed almost instantly by the coax MGs + shots and the Tiger simply couldn´t handle the T-34s which penetrated way too often.

Guess I should try StuG spam.

It is the usual mistake: Small nerfs to the Tiger (no deflection stun, less rear armor) + buffs to the things it fights (T-34 reload, SU-85 penetration, Firefly). One alone wouldn´t be bad. But combined it is a disaster. I didn´t like Tigers before. Now they are a liability.
29 Apr 2016, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 09:31 AMButcher
Played two games so it is a bit early to come to a conclusion.

Though I did lose a Tiger to T-34 spam in a situation where I shouldn´t have lost the Tiger. Keeping the frontal armor at the T-34s and driving backwards and having a Pak behind. The Pak was killed almost instantly by the coax MGs + shots and the Tiger simply couldn´t handle the T-34s which penetrated way too often.

Guess I should try StuG spam.

How many t34-76 were there?
29 Apr 2016, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 09:37 AMAdviser

How many t34-76 were there?
Three. The moment they reached the sides the Tiger was done.
29 Apr 2016, 09:56 AM

new OKW dont need no doctrinal MG
29 Apr 2016, 09:59 AM

new OKW dont need no doctrinal MG

Disagree, all faction need a non doctrinal MG.
29 Apr 2016, 10:00 AM

mg42 call in need to be changed to tank buster squad with panzerschreck.

+1

Or something else. I can't understand the point of having two kinds of MGs
29 Apr 2016, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 09:39 AMButcher

Were there grens around for fausting?
29 Apr 2016, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 09:39 AMButcher

couldn´t you faust at least one of them??? didn´t you have a commander with blitz for your tiger???

just asking....it seems weird than 3 t34 are able to decrew a pak, clean the infantery supporting a tiger, and then, beat the tiger too....

Would like to check the replay.....do you have it??? can you upload it here???

29 Apr 2016, 10:21 AM

+1

Or something else. I can't understand the point of having two kinds of MGs

It's the same for the russians, one is available all the time (Maxim), while the other one is stronger (DSHka).
29 Apr 2016, 10:38 AM

i actually dont really see a reason to play ostheer anymore, the only thing they do objectively better is the sniper, and arguably the mortar. okw has access to better infantry, a slightly weaker mg, and has access to the same mg doctrinally, better elite infantry, better tanks, 5 levels of vet, etc.

Exactly, I was telling this to my friends a few days ago.

But do you know what I anticipate? seriously

They're gonna give OKW those mgs, KT price reduction etc, and they won't eventually remove shrecks from volks :D, mark my words!
29 Apr 2016, 10:50 AM

Also, I don't understand why OKW can't get MG34 until after you get a truck. It prevents OKW from having flexible openings and build orders. It makes no sense since Brits and Wehr can get superior MG's instantly, why not OKW?

Because why one should play Ost now? or why can't I build sniper as Brits from HQ? for the same reason Soviets build their AT gun in the same tier as their HMG and OST in another tier
29 Apr 2016, 10:57 AM

I really, really like STG volks, they are a super fun unit to use, though I see a few problems with them. Mainly it's that I don't see many reasons to use doctrinal infantry or, even more so, obers, when at that point you've got vetted STG squads on the field.
And I would still like to see a shreck on something, It couldn't be spammed easily on Sturmpios or Obers. Obers might be too expensive to get as a single shreck platform though (unless they get some very useful AT support abilities to go with it, like a detracking shot or something), and double would make them too similar to PGs.
Penals are very strong, maybe a bit too strong, but the biggest problem is again that they take the spotlight, cons are just useless in comparison and shocks seem a bit redundant.
USF mortars are great and one change I'm 100% sure should stay.
29 Apr 2016, 11:16 AM

Typical players still going to complain about the things they ask for.
Players want more variety and build orders so Relic buffs Penals into CQC unit, players complain it is too similar to doctrinal Shocks. Relic allows OKW to build non-doc HMG with a more powerful one in doc, players complain about two HMGs.

Not every unit available to you is there to be built EVERY game. I don't even know if the pop-cap will allow one of every type of unit to be built at the same time. You want choices, but no holes in factions; redundancy will result. No one is forcing you to use both the MG34 and the MG42 and no one is forcing you to use the Penals and Shocks. Maybe you want to skip T1 to rush a T70, so no Penals for you, then grab a Shocks doc. Maybe you want a more powerful HMG later in the game, well then pick a doc with the HMG42.
29 Apr 2016, 12:08 PM

It's the same for the russians, one is available all the time (Maxim), while the other one is stronger (DSHka).

Its similar, but little different situation really.
You can skip T2 and get DSHK.
DSHK also arrives later.

If MG42 call-in is still 1CP, then we have superior weapon which arrives earlier then stock one as you most likely won't put up a truck before 3rd minute and will unlock MG34 regardless of which truck you build first.

I honestly haven't paid attention to CP of it(was playing elite ops and scavenge on preview), so someone who has used it can confirm its CP value.
29 Apr 2016, 12:26 PM

literally because asymmetrical design. why cant soviets/usf get an mg from the start?
give fowardtruck of okw to every faction and give free infantry when tech-up to every faction. No!

Sometimes you guys should see what you have rather than what you don't have

Sturmpio have salvage that is unique volk have nade and snare with no upgrade.(soviet has to upgrade them)

All faction have unique attribute. Just consider
WHO
29 Apr 2016, 13:20 PM

In team games you'd have shreks and caches...and ostruppen
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight