Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Mod - Your Thoughts After Using It

PAGES (8)down
29 Apr 2016, 05:02 AM

I like it.

Early MP drain with soviets Will be a struggle. Less safe than maxims, but much more fun:

Fausts + rakkenten... I actually find more scary than shreks early tbh. I used to be able to dodge or focus the shreck squads. But now, I gotta worry about the faust on every squad.

29 Apr 2016, 06:13 AM
Patrion 14

invised offtopic posts and quotes of said posts.
Stay on topic, please.
29 Apr 2016, 06:22 AM

I love the patch and I think it's a huge step in the right direction. I haven't played every faction or gotten to use every newly changed unit, but here are some issues I have with what I've played so far. I may edit this or post again when I have played more comprehensively.

* Not a fan of infantry spawning changes

* Although penals needed a massive buff, they have rendered conscripts nearly obsolete and I'm having a hard time not calling them OP. The only useful aspects of conscripts now are AT grenades, merge, and the ability to place sandbags. I wouldn't have a problem with this if they were replaced with something more iconic like Strelky. As it stands, having penal battalions as the backbone of your army just feels wrong thematically. I love how good SVT-40s are now. Perhaps an SVT-40 package for conscripts would suffice?

* The new penal vet 1 ability has no in-game description or icon. I understand it's supposed to be passive, but there's currently no way to know what it means besides looking at the forums.

* The MG-34 is still listed in OKW commanders instead of the MG-42; announcer still voices MG-34

* STG icon has the flashlight on top of it. It must be recycled from the Ober STGs.

* This is only vaguely related to the changes, but could Volks have their iconic steilhangranate back instead of incendiary grenades? I don't think OKW has a problem clearing buildings anymore.

* I like the SU-85 change, though part of me wishes the SU-85 had stayed as it was as a low-penetration, fast fire rate tank destroyer, and the SU-100 was a slow fire rate tank destroyer with high damage and penetration. Oh well.

* I don't like the mine changes. On top of that, they're bugged and I've had several instances of tanks running over them and doing absolutely nothing to them.

* The King Tiger suddenly costs 280 fuel, and this is not in the patch notes. Intended?

* I'd love to see a lockdown mode on the quad M5 halftrack that disables its gun, but allows reinforcement.
29 Apr 2016, 06:45 AM

I never guessed that I will say this but I really like the new spawn mechanism.
29 Apr 2016, 07:35 AM

few notes from me:
okw still is all about volks
OKW teching feels slower and you have to make choises now
penals and t34/76 are great ( opopie maybe? )
USA mg team - wow they murder light vehicles :D
new spawn mechanic - i dont like it so far
29 Apr 2016, 07:49 AM

T-34/76 spam is now a viable tactic. One cancer goes, another comes to take it's place.

It's historically accurate and not really unfun :snfPeter:
29 Apr 2016, 08:03 AM

T-34/76 spam is now a viable tactic. One cancer goes, another comes to take it's place.

Tank that was designed and balanced to be best used in swarms.
Not it can be used in swarms and doesn't feel grossly underpowered.

Hardly cancer, at worst you're allergic, tears will flow, but you'll live :snfPeter:
29 Apr 2016, 08:21 AM

penals and the t34/76 feels too powerful.

the t34/76 machine guns are especially powerful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xHuOW76BClAkbPMZE8N0c9g_sJgwCu9Qzk6ugQTIDmg/edit?usp=sharing

it's better than the hull and coaxial on the panzer4 and almost as good as hull+coaxial+pintle.

I would at the least nerf the coaxial and hull machine gun down to around panzer4 level.
29 Apr 2016, 08:24 AM

One question bothers me though. So OKW will have no shrecks on any infantry unit, doctrinal or default.
Why not let the player decide, based on what opponent does, to give the stg package upgrade or the shreck upgrade?
Or create a new unit, panzerjager or whatever, with a high mp cost that comes equiped with a shreck?!

I think for now, one of these choises would be a safer approach. My two cents.

29 Apr 2016, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 08:24 AMJohnnyB

Why not let the player decide, based on what opponent does, to give the stg package upgrade or the shreck upgrade?

Because this would not only not solve the Panzershreckblob problem but also make Volksblobs even better with improved AI.
29 Apr 2016, 08:26 AM

It's historically accurate and not really unfun :snfPeter:

Agreed, but the fun will be on the side who will use it... ;). See this used against you then tell me you had fun.
29 Apr 2016, 08:28 AM

Because this would not only not solve the Panzershreckblob problem but also make Volksblobs even better with improved AI.

Yeah, could be that. Still, the panzerjager squad from medic truck would be a fine option. With a high mp cost so it will break your economy if you build more than 2... :)
29 Apr 2016, 08:29 AM
Senior Caster Badge

MG42 call in for OKW only costs 4 popcap and 260mp. Far less than MG42 for Wehrmacht. Not sure for certain, but it might seem have a smaller arc than it's supposed to.

Also, I don't understand why OKW can't get MG34 until after you get a truck. It prevents OKW from having flexible openings and build orders. It makes no sense since Brits and Wehr can get superior MG's instantly, why not OKW?
29 Apr 2016, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 08:24 AMJohnnyB
One question bothers me though. So OKW will have no shrecks on any infantry unit, doctrinal or default.
Or create a new unit, panzerjager or whatever, with a high mp cost that comes equiped with a shreck?!

I think for now, one of these choises would be a safer approach. My two cents.

I agree with this. OKW not having the quintessential AT weapon of the war feels really weird to me. A choice between STGs and a panzerschrek would make for an interesting dilemma.
29 Apr 2016, 08:57 AM

Also, I don't understand why OKW can't get MG34 until after you get a truck. It prevents OKW from having flexible openings and build orders. It makes no sense since Brits and Wehr can get superior MG's instantly, why not OKW?

literally because asymmetrical design. why cant soviets/usf get an mg from the start?
29 Apr 2016, 09:00 AM

Maybe its to keep OKW's early game more agressive and not as defensive as Ostheer.
29 Apr 2016, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2016, 08:55 AMKothre

I agree with this. OKW not having the quintessential AT weapon of the war feels really weird to me. A choice between STGs and a panzerschrek would make for an interesting dilemma.

This is what the community has said all the time. The choise between both of them would give an more indepth startegy choice. When not upgraded and upgraded with STG44's you get the Panzerfaust, while upgraded with a panzerschrek you lose the panzerfaust.
29 Apr 2016, 09:11 AM
Patrion 310

I only played one 1v1 as okw last night but really like the shreck change and them having stg & faust. Suppression on mines is really irritating now :p (those damn mines in tank Hunter doc :()
29 Apr 2016, 09:11 AM

So after playing many games using this mod, I can say mod is kinda odd but decent. I still feel that shrek should be given to sturmpios. Truck upgrade is okay for me and I enjoyed soviet after so much time. 3 penal squads with upgrade can tear apart axis infantry but then again I am yet to see 3-4 volks with upgrade going up against 3 penals with upgrades.

As I said, only downside for me is the removal of shreks. They are very important for axis. I would highly recommend Relic to give it to sturmpio.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS