Login

russian armor

people use strange logic on panzerschreck.

25 Apr 2016, 14:12 PM

Some of people said "raketen is bad so we need pazerschreck". i feel somewhat strange.
The basis of balance is 'Making too bad to average and Making too good to average'.
if you think raketen is bad, don't mention panzerschreck you need to mention raketen itself.

i don't think that raketen is too bad. it has fast ROF, steath ability, being able to go into building and retreat ability.

edit : don't go attacking playercard of others. Do say just right thing. it will make you shine.
25 Apr 2016, 14:21 PM

Some of people said "raketen is bad so we need pazerschreck". i feel somewhat strange.
The basis of balance is 'Making too bad to average and Making too good to average'.
if you think raketen is bad, don't mention panzerschreck you need to mention raketen itself.

i don't think that raketen is too bad. it has fast ROF, steath ability, being able to go into building and retreat ability.

Things are related to eachother. No one really cared about RkW43 until schrecks were around, yet everyone known raketens cant hold alone against armors.

Now there are fausts, StGs and Mech.HQ became more like an option with MG34s... RkW43, Faust + Puma is more viable now. See? Even MG34 can be mentioned...
25 Apr 2016, 14:32 PM

Rak + faust is a solid enough como. The issue is that its incredibly defensive
25 Apr 2016, 14:35 PM

when they take these changes i will spam raketen so hard people will yell for rekketen nerf :hyper:
25 Apr 2016, 14:44 PM

IMO its just a dumb move to remove the shrecks from Volks they where fine on volks. They just needed to do less damage to infantry and long range accuracy was a bit to good, other then that they fitted on Volks.

Wher and OKW starting to look more and more the same. Added MG doesnt help with this.
25 Apr 2016, 14:49 PM

IMO its just a dumb move to remove the shrecks from Volks they where fine on volks. They just needed to do less damage to infantry and long range accuracy was a bit to good, other then that they fitted on Volks.

Wher and OKW starting to look more and more the same. Added MG doesnt help with this.

I agree.. Especially now when AT damage is reduced against infantry...
25 Apr 2016, 14:53 PM

edit : don't go attacking playercard of others. Do say just right thing. it will make you shine.

People also forget to mention Puma, which is the best light tank killer. But since it requires micro...
25 Apr 2016, 14:58 PM

Which isn't a problem at all.
For reference, please look at all that aggressive soviet AT options.
25 Apr 2016, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 14:53 PMEsxile

But since it requires micro...

Do u know why many dislike OKW and call it OPW ever since release? Because of the ANTI EVERYTHING SHRECK BLOBS! :)
RIP OPW :), now people actually need to l2p and make dedicated AT units. Just comparison of OST and OKW tells the story; u actually need to micro properly and build COMBINED ARMS with OST, while with OKW, u have no tanks or AT? No worries shreck blobs are anti everything. who gives a fuck to combined arms? :)
25 Apr 2016, 15:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Shrek blob is anti everything? xD

1 Calli, 1 B4 shot, Katy's, Churchill Croc with more HP than a KT, and the list could go on and on. Not to mention the power of Rifles, Bren Tommies, etc.

OKW will be the only faction without infantry base AT options and they have the most expensive tanks in the game. Yet they buff the 80 fuel T34 lol.

OKW is gonna get trashed...
25 Apr 2016, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 14:58 PMKatitof

Except one small detail - Cons have Oorah on top of vehicle snare, which is huge bonus if combined with slightly longer range of AT gun.
25 Apr 2016, 15:27 PM

Except one small detail - Cons have Oorah on top of vehicle snare, which is huge bonus if combined with slightly longer range of AT gun.

Then look at Ost when they don't use PGs, which is pretty common.
Ooorah won't let you catch up to lights anyway.

The range of that AT gun might be slightly lower, but remember it can camo and retreat. You can put it more aggressively forward and retreat if needed, which others can't.
25 Apr 2016, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 15:27 PMKatitof

Then look at Ost when they don't use PGs, which is pretty common.
Ooorah won't let you catch up to lights anyway.

The range of that AT gun might be slightly lower, but remember it can camo and retreat. You can put it more aggressively forward and retreat if needed, which others can't.

I wasn't quick enough to edit my previous post before you quoted it.
I wanted to add:

"On the other hand - the ability to move in stealth combined with ability to retreat is indeed quite offensive combo"

which is basically what you said.
25 Apr 2016, 15:30 PM

Yeah, but the ZiS provides green cover, 6 men, longer range then the Rak and cons have merge to keep it alive, plus their snare is actually capable of being used aggressively thanks to chaining with Oorah. The combo is far better for aggression then volks and rak.
25 Apr 2016, 15:31 PM

I think this is the root of my concerns for the new OKW design. They have to have an aggressive option that sets them apart from other factions.

Soviets at least have T-70 (which is a better generalist than the OKW options) and (used to have) the Maxim spam. Both of these options are aggressive. In theory, Soviets also have the T1, which is supposed to be the aggressive tier. (however, none of the units are currently on par; and even if they were on-par, you would still be screwed over lack of AT -- vs Luchs/666 strats). T1 might become viable next patch, though.

I really can't see what aggressive tools OKW has over the other factions (Axis and Allied), apart from their starting manpower bonus (which will be diminished due to side-tech upgrades).
25 Apr 2016, 15:37 PM

Yeah, but the ZiS provides green cover, 6 men, longer range then the Rak and cons have merge to keep it alive, plus their snare is actually capable of being used aggressively thanks to chaining with Oorah. The combo is far better for aggression then volks and rak.

and raketten can be garrisoned what helps to keep it alive, plus their cloack hability helps to mitigate the sorter range and there is no better thing to be used agressively than an ATG that can retreat.... while pak 6pounders and zis must be kept away from front line, you can get your raketen in your blob, and retreat when needed but, good luck retreating a PAK when a calliope fires at it.....
25 Apr 2016, 15:39 PM

Chilling in buildings, the definition of an aggressive AT gun.
25 Apr 2016, 15:40 PM

FFS the "green cover and six men" meme needs to stop, seriously.

the cover means jackshit when the zis is not set up 90% of the times, and the 6 men dont mean anything either when they all hug each other and get exploded by a single mortar/grenade/tank.

Raketen is a serious contender on the best AT in the game, every time I can I steal one as allies and reliably can penetrate the front of panthers and KTs, the camo is absurdly good and the retreat is great for preserving the experience on the crew.

the only reason raketen isn't the best AT in the game is because the pak 40 is way too strong and fast.
25 Apr 2016, 15:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

ZiS also has barrage. IMO they are fine and both have their advantages.

Honestly I dont think any AT gun is reliable in COH2 thanks to the terrain constantly causing shots to hit the ground and for some reason in my experience the projectile type of the Raketen makes this worse.
25 Apr 2016, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 15:40 PMzerocoh

FFS the "green cover and six men" meme needs to stop, seriously.

the cover means jackshit when the zis is not set up 90% of the times, and the 6 men dont mean anything either when they all hug each other and get exploded by a single mortar/grenade/tank.

Raketen is a serious contender on the best AT in the game, every time I can I steal one as allies and reliably can penetrate the front of panthers and KTs, the camo is absurdly good and the retreat is great for preserving the experience on the crew.

the only reason raketen isn't the best AT in the game is because the pak 40 is way too strong and fast.

- Zis gun crew will still survive a grenade if its from the front cause green cover, you cant deny that raketen is way more fragile

Raketen can be suppressed, rendering it almost useless, Pak 40 is good, but Brits AT gun with 50% bonus accuracy is not to understimate
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★