Login

russian armor

[1v1] Review requesed Kholodny Ferma

24 Apr 2016, 23:39 PM

Here's another game where I got off to a terrible start. I lost two RE squads, was base-pinned, and down 500-70 by about 15 minutes into the match. It would be great if someone could look at only the first 20 minutes of this match (after that, either I started playing better or he started playing worse). Most of my 1v1's go like this, except about half of the time I'm too far behind to manage any type of comeback.

Decisions:
Went captain because I haven't been able to make lieutenant work against either OKW or OST this patch.
Didn't put a bazooka on my major, but mostly because I didn't get a major and chose to rely on Pershing, one AT gun and bazookas. (Why is it such a bad idea? - On small maps I usually don't make a forward retreat point so putting a bazooka on the major is one way to get some use from him)
When stopping the VP bleed, I concentrated mostly on keeping center vp and taking right vp as much as possible, occasionally harassing left vp.

ps - playing as Grumpy - The game dragged out for over 40 minutes but would mostly just like help on the first part.

25 Apr 2016, 18:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well fighting pits

If you had put it in this area where the blue box is

you would've been able to control the church area with #free riflenades and therefore wouldve prevented his MG from corraling you into the north where you were outgunned by LMG grens.

SPeaking of corraling you to the north, during the early early game (>10 mins~ you could've sent one of your double rear echelons to the south to like... harrass. you tunnel visioned super hard and probably could've harrassed his fuel alot from the southern fuels bottom "entrance", if you had just sent one squad down there.
That weakens his force overall by making the MG in the middle easier to tackle, because some of his grenadiers/ whatever have to be sent to stop you and recap everything.

If he sends 222 to counter harass you, then that means it isnt fighting your main force either. so harrassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss moar

as for the rest of the game, i did watch it all because I read the match chat and wondered how the ostheer player managed to lose with such an early advantage and well
[00:41:07] Roy[ISR]: how the hell i lose?
He went double p4 and didnt like..do anything with them really when there were 100 opportunities to outflank you and clear your entire army/support weapons. When he realized you were playing with God on your side he sobered up and went t4 but it was too late, game was already lost and he had too much wiped by the 100th ranger battalion and its heavy tank detachment.

He probably shoulda went stugs with those p4s, alongside a command dank. not panther+p4. But he didnt submit this replay, now did he.
26 Apr 2016, 01:29 AM

Thanks for the review. A couple follow-up questions:
Is the second RE a bad idea? I often get two and try to use the second one to harass. In this case, I was getting pummeled so hard that I kept using it in the north.

Had I built the fighting pit where you suggested, would it have been worth it or would you normally skip it anyway?

Do you start by trying to secure the fuel and the ammo in the north? I looked at Hector's guide where he goes hyper-agressive on this. I've tried that but not had the same success that he does.
26 Apr 2016, 01:49 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 01:29 AMGrumpy
Thanks for the review. A couple follow-up questions:
Is the second RE a bad idea? I often get two and try to use the second one to harass. In this case, I was getting pummeled so hard that I kept using it in the north.

Had I built the fighting pit where you suggested, would it have been worth it or would you normally skip it anyway?

Do you start by trying to secure the fuel and the ammo in the north? I looked at Hector's guide where he goes hyper-agressive on this. I've tried that but not had the same success that he does.

Its not a bad idea, I often get 2 Re's myself when Im going armor company so I can throw the RE's in my double stuarts and abuse op vehicle crew thompsons.(seriously)

If my opponent is gonna be a good challenge, 99% of the time i get a pit out, because If i can avoid teching nades I avoid it. Sometimes I forget. sometimes the map doesnt allow. sometimes my opponent is so good I cant get a pit down where I want it. So it really dpeends.

And yeah im a filthy building rusher, either rush that munitions if you start right side, or rush the church if you start left. And again, you can cut down on needing nades.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★