Login

russian armor

Just my two cents on upcoming patch

24 Apr 2016, 08:58 AM

Though I accept that it's an overall nice update/overhaul, there are still some missing points.
1-OKW AT Reliability: 270MP clumped up 4 man raketens have now even more burden on their shoulders. Volks could use a 2xPzB package for 70 Munitions. Maybe Obersoldaten has double schreks.
2-OKW 2cm FlaK Emplacement: This needs a major overhaul, it needs some love.
3-PaK43 Emplacement: Needs some defensive bonuses, any Katyusha, Calliope, Mattress on the field it is declared as redundant.
4-Ostheer Commanders: Now you have Brit commanders, units with tons of abilities whereas poor Ostheer commanders can only provide G43, Sprint, Ambush Camo seperately. Maybe pack them all in a package and make some commanders viable.
5-Soviet Tanks: Once every tech building built T34-85E is unlocked in Mechanized Armor Kampaneya.

Suggestions are all welcome.
24 Apr 2016, 13:34 PM

Though I accept that it's an overall nice update/overhaul, there are still some missing points.
1-OKW AT Reliability: 270MP clumped up 4 man raketens have now even more burden on their shoulders. Volks could use a 2xPzB package for 70 Munitions. Maybe Obersoldaten has double schreks.
Raketenwerfer has less burden than before because Volks can snare now. It's to get rid of the Shreck blobs, a solution I like.

2-OKW 2cm FlaK Emplacement: This needs a major overhaul, it needs some love.
This is correct. Currently it's useless.

3-PaK43 Emplacement: Needs some defensive bonuses, any Katyusha, Calliope, Mattress on the field it is declared as redundant.
For the immense power it provides and in addition the ability to shoot through buildings the vulnerability to artillery is okay.

4-Ostheer Commanders: Now you have Brit commanders, units with tons of abilities whereas poor Ostheer commanders can only provide G43, Sprint, Ambush Camo seperately. Maybe pack them all in a package and make some commanders viable.
IMO Ostheer commanders are how the game should be (with some exceptions). Useful additions, not overpowered and not absolutely necessary to win a game (just like the were in vCoH).

5-Soviet Tanks: Once every tech building built T34-85E is unlocked in Mechanized Armor Kampaneya.
That would be too expensive. Nobody usually builds all buildings for Sov. OKW gets the KT for three buildings, Sov should only get a good medium for 4?

24 Apr 2016, 13:48 PM

That would be too expensive. Nobody usually builds all buildings for Sov. OKW gets the KT for three buildings, Sov should only get a good medium for 4?

You already have to build 3 tiers to get su85 etc. and they dropped the costs for t1/2 to something like 160/20 iirc.
24 Apr 2016, 15:16 PM

What do you think about 2xPzB and OberSchreks ?
24 Apr 2016, 15:37 PM

why not just give single schrecks to sturmpios?
24 Apr 2016, 15:59 PM

why not just give single schrecks to sturmpios?

That makes them a terminator squad, very decent AT, and three StG. Can you imagine the blob?
24 Apr 2016, 16:02 PM

I saw someone on reddit suggest giving a shrek to the raketten squad. No idea if it would work but, I figured to let you guys know.
24 Apr 2016, 16:05 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2016, 16:02 PMGdot
I saw someone on reddit suggest giving a shrek to the raketten squad. No idea if it would work but, I figured to let you guys know.

That's horrible, you couldn't flank it then.
24 Apr 2016, 16:07 PM

It's an interesting idea, and it would be fine for medium and heavy vehicles, but I think combined with the cloak ability, that'd make the Raketten too good at annihilating light vehicles and armor. Wouldn't it allow them to one-shot a T-70?

I think they'd have to lose the cloak if you threw a Shrek on one of their crew.
24 Apr 2016, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2016, 16:07 PMLuGer33

It's an interesting idea, and it would be fine for medium and heavy vehicles, but I think combined with the cloak ability, that'd make the Raketten too good at annihilating light vehicles and armor. Wouldn't it allow them to one-shot a T-70?

I think they'd have to lose the cloak if you threw a Shrek on one of their crew.

Yeah it would totally need some tweaking. I just thought the idea was out of the box and interesting. No clue who if it would be feasible.
26 Apr 2016, 17:02 PM

Imho the changes on volks are welcome, but they also should nerf some british off map abilites (the carpet bombing and this "let us just kill anything with arty"-area denial ability)
26 Apr 2016, 17:46 PM

try building your PAK43 next to your med truck, for 500mp is performs fine.
26 Apr 2016, 18:14 PM
Donator 11

I dont think pak43 needs a buff, I mean look at the 17pndr (fuelcost, popcap, cant shoot through buildings, ect.)

I dont think 2xPzB and OberSchreks are a good idea, I feel like making a new unit for the schreks would be a better idea. Obers would come to late and other units would be there to fill the gaps. Also the PzB would be an unreliable weapon as the reketn can get first shot off followed by volks faust for snare. I feel like they should be ok but we need to look at ways to adjust med vs mech otherwise you will be shore horned into mech every game.
26 Apr 2016, 18:50 PM

Raken needs 5 man crew, possibly price increase after that to 290-300; AT rifles on volks would be horrible (no AI, no AT, why you want that?), better give spio single shrek upgrade and obers double shrek upgrade with some veterancy tweaks (to make them more like stormtroopers with vehicle detection or smth, they are elite infantry afterall); many commanders in the game need tweaks, not just wehr ones; and pak 43 with soviets are fine, lets not blend factions even more.
26 Apr 2016, 19:21 PM

There is a commander just like that, it's called Jaeger Infantry Doctrine, there is no Tiger in it like Lightning War Doctrine, but you can upgrade your troops with camo and call in Stuka Close Air-Support.
27 Apr 2016, 05:58 AM

Just want to say USF & Brits don't have non-doctrine counters to the pac43 tbh
27 Apr 2016, 06:26 AM
Patrion 14

That makes them a terminator squad, very decent AT, and three StG. Can you imagine the blob?
Blob of an expensive squishy 4 man squad with 9 popcap? Yes please, let okw noobs blob their way into game over.

You can build Sturmpios from second zero of the game when there is only infantry on the field and yet blobbing them is not a valid strat as it is, they can be handled by literally the starting unit of every allied faction. With a further decrease of their AI power by 25%, they will be somehow harder to handle in the midgame?

Also they aleready have a lot of duties on the field. Add a sweeper,building and repair duties etc. and a Schreck gets an opportunity cost as well as a muni cost.

Sturmpios were designed to have the Schreck and they lost it during Alpha to Volks when US vehicles were stronger and vastly different. One of the hugest errors of the balance team ever.
27 Apr 2016, 13:08 PM

I can only imagine the MP bleed.
27 Apr 2016, 14:26 PM

Are you fucking kidding me?!! that would be superawesome! just imagine! :rofl:
27 Apr 2016, 14:45 PM

I think making another dedicated anti-tank team to address the lack of handheld AT for OKW would be a better idea than giving Shrecks to Obers or Sturms O:

Kind of like a Tank-buster squad from the Panzer Elite in COH1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS