Login

russian armor

These OKW HQ nerfs are over the top

26 Apr 2016, 00:53 AM

Just randomly spitballing here, but here is a way we might have dealt with the shrek blob problem without just removing shreks:

- Med truck sidegrade slightly more exxy, 150/20, but unlocks medics AND pzschrecks.
- Mech truck sidegrade unlocks repair pios and STG44 upgrade

Then, increase the amount of time it takes to aim schrecks. This would mean that you would have slightly more time to react to the blob and would make kiting it slightly more forgiving. With the aforementioned changes, it would also mean that only certain builds get them and there would be a bit more of a fuel sink before they showed up.

26 Apr 2016, 01:00 AM

Just randomly spitballing here, but here is a way we might have dealt with the shrek blob problem without just removing shreks:

- Med truck sidegrade slightly more exxy, 150/20, but unlocks medics AND pzschrecks.

Then, increase the amount of time it takes to aim schrecks. This would mean that you would have slightly more time to react to the blob and would make kiting it slightly more forgiving. With the aforementioned changes, it would also mean that only certain builds get them and there would be a bit more of a fuel sink before they showed up.

Good idea!

But like i said before its noting aginst the shreck specifcally its just it cant be on cheap spammable infantry like volks.

Plus i gave the mod a try last night and i absoulty love my new Volks!! Played on a snow map and the volks had a trench coat with a STG44 and i was like Epic its like in the pictures!! :) :) :)

Performace wise is excellent btw

Oh and if noobies absolutely need the shreck, why not stick woth the original idea of single shreck to the strumpios, the sound files are still there.
26 Apr 2016, 07:45 AM

First of all, i'm not bashing your 1v1 rank or preferred faction. I am only wondering why someone who has an noticeable influence in shaping the meta for the coming 1-2 months plays 1 faction significantly more. If Relic wants someone from the community to join in on the balancing department it's, in my opinion, a lot smarter to find someone who is consistently top 20/50 with several factions.

The answer is, because that person went out and made a mod, which demonstrates more seriousness and commitment than millions of forum warrior posts. It's the distinction between being merely opinionated and venturing into actual game design.
26 Apr 2016, 10:52 AM

Permanently Banned
Someone making a mod doesnt immediately mean they should be added to the balancing team, the fact he is still buffing USF says it all for me.
26 Apr 2016, 11:01 AM

I don't see any "immediately" going on, nor should anything I have said imply that making a mod gets you some sort of entitlement. But it remains that input from someone who is actually wrestling with game design is much more useful than ideas that come from merely playing.
26 Apr 2016, 11:25 AM

Someone making a mod doesnt immediately mean they should be added to the balancing team, the fact he is still buffing USF says it all for me.

He isn't buffing USF.

He gives USF an option to make something other then rifles times 4 at the beginning.
26 Apr 2016, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 11:25 AMKatitof

He gives USF an option to make something other then rifles times 4 at the beginning.

Why I would I want anything else? :megusta:
26 Apr 2016, 11:33 AM

Why I would I want anything else? :megusta:

Because of boredom?
Because you want to save fuel instead being forced for nades?
Because having just a single unit option is beyond boring?
26 Apr 2016, 13:23 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2016, 11:25 AMKatitof

He isn't buffing USF.

For now yes, but his constant refering to the mod makes me think this isn't the last we will see from USF.

Also, why would anyone that is playing to win go mortar instead of 3-4 riflemen? Mortar is better against stationary units and that is something OKW doesn't have until first HQ halftrack is out and OST only has in the form of an MG, which usually isn't produced in bulk.
26 Apr 2016, 13:41 PM

not bad, but if you want shrecks to stay, I think moving to a other squad (spios maybe??) is the way to go....shrecks and flamers in mainline infantery has been proven a very bad idea for the gameplay (not talking about balance here)....

With your proposal, I think all OKW player will go first med truck, and then, shreck blob will stay...maybe less efective in order to win matches, but same power to ruin the game experience....

Well, just my opinion.....
26 Apr 2016, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 20:53 PMVuther

True, but I'd rather not stifle the strategic value of the option to solely at the point of when you're like trying to get a 100+ fuel vehicle and floating some MP while waiting for the fuel...as much as I hate retreat points.

Oh, I know, you quoted the other guy just fine.

Ok I think we are actually arguing the same thing but from a different angle... Im sayin they shouldnt be a manpower only upgrade like the Soviet, because its far more flexible than the Soviet one. I feel like forward medics should have more inpact than 1 less squad on field (if that, we know the okw floats more manpower than a mofo) you are saying it shouldnt be so MP intense to get the medics and fwp (I think..)
Also sorry, your initial response read as a tad counter attacky and didnt want you to think I was trying to insult you or something, as I was not.
nee
27 Apr 2016, 07:59 AM

Paying for side tech for HQ trucks to be able to do stuff besides producing units, I might as well never deploy them outside of base. Which sort of defeats the purpose of OKW HQ trucks.

I also personally dislike the idea of making OKW use side tech. Is there ANYTHING in this game that's still asymmetrical?
27 Apr 2016, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2016, 07:59 AMnee
I also personally dislike the idea of making OKW use side tech. Is there ANYTHING in this game that's still asymmetrical?

Side upgrades have nothing to do with asymmetry.
Side upgrades are about choices, resource management and decisions on what to get next and when.

Lack of depth for the macro is hardly asymmetrical balance, its just bad design.
27 Apr 2016, 11:26 AM

See, now this is more doable. Not thes retarded and completely unnecessary truck nerfs that Relic is doing to OKW. I swear, if the nerfs still happen, then this will the death of OKW.
27 Apr 2016, 19:23 PM

Permanently Banned
oh well at least there won't be any further maxim nerfs :DD thanks miragefla
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 68

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %