Login

russian armor

April 27 Update Additional Suggestion: Panzerjäger

Would you support Relic adding Panzerjäger to the game?
Option Distribution Votes
31%
0%
12%
58%
Total votes: 26
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Apr 2016, 21:17 PM

Well, if you've read the change log for the April 27th update, you'd know that Relic had removed the infamous 'schreck blob' from existence. Quite a few people wouldn't want Panzerschrecks to be completely removed from the OKW faction, so I wanted to bring up the old subject of adding a new unit to the OKW roster: The Panzerjäger. This unit would be purchased from either the Medical HQ, or they would be purchased from the Mechanized HQ. Either way, these lovely, versatile AT units could be purchased for the small price of 320 manpower. It's a four-man squad that starts off with 2x Kar98s and 2x Panzerbüchse 39s. They'd have an upgrade that would replace the 2x Panzerbüchse 39s with 2x Panzerschrecks for 120 munitions. They would be identical to Stormtroopers in terms of both model appearance and received accuracy. I'm still deciding if they should have the ability to camouflage and hold fire. Please tell me your thoughts on this topic, and I'd really love to hear any other ideas that you think may also work out for this (with the exception of Eselschreck :snfQuinn:.)

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote in the poll!
~Karbinder
21 Apr 2016, 21:25 PM

FYI This isn't relic making the changes, this is a mod for a "competitive game mode". But yes, I do support it. (I was probably one of the first to suggest this quite a while back XD)
21 Apr 2016, 21:26 PM

Nope, I want shreks to be a ost benefit.

OKW can git gud.
21 Apr 2016, 21:35 PM

This is why we needed an early-release patch. I THINK OKW can get by with faust + rak, but its impossible to know for sure until we actually can test it hands on.
21 Apr 2016, 21:39 PM

Yea, I just wanted to suggest this to see if it would be worth it to be added to the patch, which will be decided later on after the mod has been live for a day or two, but It's still always good to get people thinking before it comes out.
21 Apr 2016, 21:55 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 21:25 PMhubewa
FYI This isn't relic making the changes

Its relic making the changes.
21 Apr 2016, 22:14 PM

just increase the penetration on the flak HT.
nee
21 Apr 2016, 22:31 PM

Better to just make Panzerjaeger upgrade for Volksgrenadiers, not a separate unit that comes with AT rifles. At least then you have to strategize going MP44s or AT rifles.

Also I bet they'll put schrecks back in via future DLC commander unlock. Ya got any money?
21 Apr 2016, 22:39 PM

just give schrecks to sturms
21 Apr 2016, 22:43 PM

While I don't mind the idea, I can't really see relic creating new models/voice lines for a new unit in an "old" faction. Personally, I think either giving them to sturms (while locking out repair) or giving them to obers (maybe lower MP cost, increase cost of STG44s and LMG34s) would work well, and requires far less work on relic's side.
nee
21 Apr 2016, 22:59 PM

OP probably thought they will just recycle old units for the unit. Fair enough, though hardly any consolation for the lack of real commitment on Relic's part in making the game better.

Also if they want to make OKW more unique than Ostheer than giving them AT rifles with ability like Button or Tread/Aimed Shot will suit it nicely. Fausts is honestly just lazy copying from Grenadiers.
22 Apr 2016, 03:17 AM

Axis player should not keep relying on op.shercks that requirez no skill to use and able to penetrate all kinds of ally heavy paper tanks without the need to pray for RNG like bazooka. OKW has so much AT weapon in each tier and fuel is even not a concern now. We can imagine how op is the new volks faust+panzer jager shercks blob from op suggestions.
22 Apr 2016, 03:32 AM

Axis player should not keep relying on op.shercks that requirez no skill to use and able to penetrate all kinds of ally heavy paper tanks without the need to pray for RNG like bazooka. OKW has so much AT weapon in each tier and fuel is even not a concern now. We can imagine how op is the new volks faust+panzer jager shercks blob from op suggestions.
The problem was that the schreck upgrade didn't really trade in AI for AT, and was merging them into something that would become deadly when accumulated (The blob). In this case, just having a dedicated AT squad should be fine. I don't see anybody complaining about panzergrenadiers with schrecks. This would only allow OKW to survive through early to mid game through an attempted early tank rush.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★