Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
23 Apr 2016, 04:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge

If anything, I feel like sturmpios should get the shrek upgrade. It's a trade off for a STG rifle or a mine detector. Not as spammable as volks either.

I thought about that and even discussed it with Cruzz awhile, back, but I think the general consensus was Sturms now have too much on their plate. They repair, are a fighting unit, are responsible for buildings, as well as sweeping.

I could be wrong and I would be willing to test Sturm Shrecks -so as long as it locks out the sweeper- to see how OKW would far. Of course, I will keep saying this, the Raketen buff should have been with OKW for the StGs to see how it would fair.

Maybe I haven't played versus enough high-level players in my mod and all we be revealed on the May 7th tourney, but OKW is not in that bad of a spot without shrecks, depending how their other support gets boosted to compensate.

@Atomic Rocket: Those were very old stats. the StGs got a considerable boost to mid while their long is on par with a volk rifle.

23 Apr 2016, 04:49 AM

What with Axis players and their sudden Zooks, PIAT obsessions argument come from ?

Before Shrek removal: "B-but Zooks and PIAT are supposed to be shit because they are cheap and available to every unit !"

When Shrek about to be removed: "B-but Zooks and PIAT are as deadly as Panzerschreck and their blobs are just as dangerous as muh Volk blobs. I-i swear on me mum and me 3 hours of Allies game time !"
aaa
23 Apr 2016, 04:55 AM

I thought about that and even discussed it with Cruzz awhile, back, but I think the general consensus was Sturms now have too much on their plate. They repair, are a fighting unit, are responsible for buildings, as well as sweeping.

I could be wrong and I would be willing to test Sturm Shrecks -so as long as it locks out the sweeper- to see how OKW would far. Of course, I will keep saying this, the Raketen buff should have been with OKW for the StGs to see how it would fair.

Maybe I haven't played versus enough high-level players in my mod and all we be revealed on the May 7th tourney, but OKW is not in that bad of a spot without shrecks, depending how their other support gets boosted to compensate.

@Atomic Rocket: Those were very old stats. the StGs got a considerable boost to mid while their long is on par with a volk rifle.

Dont nerf mines plz. If 50 muni tellers still oneshot ligh vehicles for 250/50. Then Why not let mine kill just 2-3 models for 40-70mp.

How much models trip-wire-flares kill ussualy after the patch? 1?
23 Apr 2016, 05:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Could I see the exact stats? My .rgd converter is currently not in order.

Anyways, any possibility of re-integrating the Panzershrek into Competitive Edition Mod via side tech? If you are concerned that Volk StGs might be too strong in early game it could be a good idea to lock it behind side tech as well (timing adjustment).
23 Apr 2016, 05:25 AM

Why not just limit panzerschreck to like 3? If that's possible
23 Apr 2016, 05:30 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Could I see the exact stats? My .rgd converter is currently not in order.

Anyways, any possibility of re-integrating the Panzershrek into Competitive Edition Mod via side tech? If you are concerned that Volk StGs might be too strong in early game it could be a good idea to lock it behind side tech as well (timing adjustment).

I'm not on my main computer but I think the DPS was around 1-2 points higher than the PF G43 at 10 - 25 meters. Note the direct comparison is more difficult as Volks fire in burst so their damage varies depending how many rounds roll the rng dice versus the single shot G43 which is more accurate and bursty but those misses are more noticeable.

And before people say it would make G43 PF worthless, PF still have higher survivability, better fire on the move capabilities, better LOS, and offensive veterancy near on par with Volks while have better received accuracy modifers when vetted. Toss up between self-healing and perma-sprint. I think they also have one more G43 over the Volk StG, though I can't remember exactly over the top of my head. Of course I don't know what sort of StG the Volks will get in the preview.

Not sure on side-tech for OKW when they already have the cost for the truck upgrades, though I might experiment with cost adjustment or changing the type of resources required. Munitions could make for an interesting dynamic of going for healing or making that StG timing push.
23 Apr 2016, 05:53 AM

don't worry guys well we still have sturmtiger and command panther inb4 :foreveralone: it get nerfed :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone:
aaa
23 Apr 2016, 08:07 AM

Some more thoughts

1. Smg doesnt decrese volks long range dps. This will make them vastly superior to cons while having same price.
2. In most part it will be the same smg-volks blobs instead of rpg-volks bloobs. Sometimes with at-gun since it can retreat.

Why not make a better change - rpg upgrade reduce squads AI dps like 20-30% and make them move slower. That will be perfectly balanced.
I only agree that okw needed to bring unit unlock cost in line with other facs. And allied late TDs needed buffs
nee
23 Apr 2016, 09:06 AM

Call me crazy, but in regards to OKW Panzerschrecks:

What if Sturms and Obers can both upgrade to 1x schreck?
YOu have two units that are hefty in manpower cost, long build times, one is late game, and both smaller squad sizes. Their role is augmenting the usual AT of vehicles and Raketen. Volks' job is to defend both from infantry attack.
The difference with Obers is you can opt to upgrade to LMG34, which locks out panzerschreck and make it super AI.
You can't possible blob Sturms and/or Obers just for schrecks.
Result: OKW still has schrecks, but 1x and in small expensive squads.
What do you guys think? Just a quick thought.
23 Apr 2016, 09:15 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Thank you so much Miragefla!!!!!
23 Apr 2016, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 09:06 AMnee
Call me crazy, but in regards to OKW Panzerschrecks:

What if Sturms and Obers can both upgrade to 1x schreck?
YOu have two units that are hefty in manpower cost, long build times, one is late game, and both smaller squad sizes. Their role is augmenting the usual AT of vehicles and Raketen. Volks' job is to defend both from infantry attack.
The difference with Obers is you can opt to upgrade to LMG34, which locks out panzerschreck and make it super AI.
You can't possible blob Sturms and/or Obers just for schrecks.
Result: OKW still has schrecks, but 1x and in small expensive squads.
What do you guys think? Just a quick thought.

Obers with schreks are just a noob trap. 400mp Xammo 10supply squad with 1 shrek? Not worth it, ever.
23 Apr 2016, 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Obers with schreks are just a noob trap. 400mp Xammo 10supply squad with 1 shrek? Not worth it, ever.

It might be able to work if Obers' MP cost was reduced like it should be, but I'd still be doubtful.
23 Apr 2016, 10:15 AM

Instead of streck, there is panzerbunsche 39 for axis. Two panzerbunsche upgrade for volk will fix most problem (less anti-armor but more anti-infantry).
23 Apr 2016, 10:25 AM

someone said obers+shreck,so no long range weapon?
https://www.coh2.org/topic/49389/give-volks-anti-infantry-gun-instead-shreck
still saying okw without good AT going to trouble
23 Apr 2016, 11:21 AM

Did you already read the new edit? Love to the Sexton, a reduce of the rear armour of heavy tanks??? A dream comes true. :clap:
23 Apr 2016, 11:51 AM

Did you already read the new edit? Love to the Sexton, a reduce of the rear armour of heavy tanks??? A dream comes true. :clap:

I'm still waiting for the Churchill fix. That tank is trash right now and everyone knows it.
23 Apr 2016, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 11:51 AMNirad

I'm still waiting for the Churchill fix. That tank is trash right now and everyone knows it.

Maybe, but it´s a step in the right direction, isn´t it?
23 Apr 2016, 13:53 PM

I think Volks should get a choice between 4-5x MP40s or 2x MG34 LMGs as the proposed STG44 upgrade literally makes them more ineffective at any range and adds nothing to OKW's base weapon selection. To make up for Volks losing Panzerschrecks, Sturmpioneers should be able to unlock a 2x Panzerschreck upgrade for 120 munis once the t2/3 building is placed. This atleast makes them similar to Panzergrenadiers and given their relative squishiness discourages players from spamming them as they did with Volksgrenadiers.
23 Apr 2016, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 13:53 PMNezmith
2x MG34 LMGs

ayy lmao
23 Apr 2016, 14:01 PM

ayy lmao

What did you expected?

They go insane on a sole thought of losing shreck cancer for OKW :romeoHype:
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #