Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
22 Apr 2016, 21:20 PM

*Cough* Panzerjäger *Cough*

Relic, Panzerjäger or :hansGG: #dedgaem #ripokw #alsofuckthosechangestomines.

Congratulation! You have a brain! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Stop trying to make it a thing XD

I think it would be better instead to nerf ALL handheld AT to a defensive role.
22 Apr 2016, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 21:20 PMGrim

I think it would be better instead to nerf ALL handheld AT to a defensive role.

Now THAT I could get behind. Has to be balanced though.
22 Apr 2016, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 21:25 PMRappy

Now THAT I could get behind. Has to be balanced though.

I think it would be best to just give them all the exact same stats and price and work from there.

Then look into buffing other AT options as needed.
22 Apr 2016, 22:28 PM

However I do think that then there would be absolutely no place for infantry play in the mid and late game, except as sweepers repairs and capping. That's pretty boring.
22 Apr 2016, 23:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 21:28 PMGrim

I think it would be best to just give them all the exact same stats and price and work from there.

Then look into buffing other AT options as needed.

Might be ok balance wise, but horrible for the flavour. I don't think anyone would play CoH if factions were just reskins of the same core units.
22 Apr 2016, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 23:20 PMSlaYoU

Might be ok balance wise, but horrible for the flavour. I don't think anyone would play CoH if factions were just reskins of the same core units.

So removing shreks (note- not talking about volks shrek but just shreks), something axis had and set them apart, is fine?
22 Apr 2016, 23:48 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 20:49 PMLuGer33
How does the new USF 57 mm compare to the other ATGs?

I assume it's still no Pak-40 or 6-lber, but how much worse is it now?

Well it's still going to fair worse over the pak40 and the 6 ponder which both offer 200 pen and the zis offering 190, while the live version of the 57 is 140 and will be going to 150.

It still doesn't offer as much as the other factions AT guns but the change will make it a bit better against mediums and heavies mixed with the higher rof it offers over the overs.

However Take aim is now a timed ability which I see as a nerf. it still is worse but at the same time the 57 will be better than the current version.
23 Apr 2016, 00:07 AM
Patrion 27

Well it's still going to fair worse over the pak40 and the 6 ponder which both offer 200 pen and the zis offering 190, while the live version of the 57 is 140 and will be going to 150.

It still doesn't offer as much as the other factions AT guns but the change will make it a bit better against mediums and heavies mixed with the higher rof it offers over the overs.

However Take aim is now a timed ability which I see as a nerf. it still is worse but at the same time the 57 will be better than the current version.

So, more reliable. Seems legit.
23 Apr 2016, 01:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 23:33 PMClick

So removing shreks (note- not talking about volks shrek but just shreks), something axis had and set them apart, is fine?

In fact, if the faction is balanced correctly around the removal of said shrecks, yes :) I still doubt having only faust as infantry AT is enough to fend correctly microed light vehicles, but if the AI buff to volks in the form of STGs is decent, why not. Wait and see i guess.
23 Apr 2016, 01:40 AM

Well from what Cruzz tells me giving Volks STGs instead of shreks results in an obvious loss for OKW due to lack of AT, might want to form some middle ground, making either a shrek or STGs optional. :foreveralone:
23 Apr 2016, 02:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 01:40 AMVonIvan
Well from what Cruzz tells me giving Volks STGs instead of shreks results in an obvious loss for OKW due to lack of AT, might want to form some middle ground, making either a shrek or STGs optional. :foreveralone:

its kinda a loss but its wats need no? all the options that okw have can now be used again instead of volkpg spam till heavys. i know ur a great player but u play more 1v1 no? i play alot of team games and the volkpg is a huuge problem. i think there jagdpan, roketen, puma, p5 ,panther, kt, jagtiger are enough at to solve the problem. okw just gta get used to microing units theyve always had but never used. but roketen all u need tho really
23 Apr 2016, 02:43 AM

jagdpan, roketen, puma, p5 ,panther, kt, jagtiger

Most of those are mid-late game vehicles (with the exception of the raketen and sometimes the puma), so I wouldn't rely on those for early tank rushes. The raketen being the OKWs new main source of AT greatly limits the ability for OKW to be an offensive faction. The schreck allowed OKW to be extremely mobile and put lots of pressure on the enemy, which is why I think it should be given to sturms, or a completely new unit. Also, the raketen is really limited in it's AT powers, because of it's relatively short range and being really easy to wipe. The only thing that even allows the raketen to stay on the field for more than 2 minutes is it's cloak.
23 Apr 2016, 03:03 AM

they have snare now bro.. they gta do wat ever faction gta do now.... it makes sense to me. sov get atgun in t2 then t3 they got su76 okw got volks snare roketen puma early and mines on super engineers.
23 Apr 2016, 03:08 AM

and karbinder u said it gave them extreme mobility and pressure right? my nikka thats the reason they removed it, it shouldnt be banging every tank running around flanking and retreating after kills with no worries. now u just gotta ploay smarter and snare + atgun play early like usa sov ger
23 Apr 2016, 03:32 AM

and karbinder u said it gave them extreme mobility and pressure right? my nikka thats the reason they removed it, it shouldnt be banging every tank running around flanking and retreating after kills with no worries. now u just gotta ploay smarter and snare + atgun play early like usa sov ger

USF? :rofl: I spam riflemans and equip them with zooks.
23 Apr 2016, 03:38 AM

They removed it because it was a very powerful AT weapon being given to very cheap & spammable mainline infantry. The only way strong mobile handheld AT weapons would work while being balanced would be giving them to expensive units where they can't be used in overwhelming numbers. A good example of this is Panzergrenadiers.
23 Apr 2016, 03:54 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Wait... I just realized that the russians have the same number of ways to get panzershrecks as all of the axis forces.
23 Apr 2016, 04:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 03:54 AMwouren
Wait... I just realized that the russians have the same number of ways to get panzershrecks as all of the axis forces.

Including Stormtroopers?
23 Apr 2016, 04:08 AM

If anything, I feel like sturmpios should get the shrek upgrade. It's a trade off for a STG rifle or a mine detector. Not as spammable as volks either.
23 Apr 2016, 04:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Most of it is great, even though some things are missing (force reload for HMGs, for example).

However, I don't quite like these proposed changes to OKW:

1) Medics and Mechanics. I understand that OKW needs some side-tech, but 100MP 15FU seems to be too expensive. USF healing costs FU because you can heal everybody in the Ambulance's vicinity at the same time, and the healing platform can move around.
Since the OKW healing upgrade spawns 3 medics like WM and SU's healing upgrades, I suggest that the cost be changed to either 250MP or 60MU. Mechanics should be the cost of Soviet Repair Stations, 75MU if I remember correctly.

2) Volksgrenadiers. I didn't like this change in Miragefla's mod. First, the StGs they get are too paltry. Here are DPS stats Miragefla posted:

Range: 0/ 10/ 20/ 30/ 35
Volk StG 44:7.97/7.1/4.38/1.85/1.03
Two Volk StG 44: 15.94/14.2/8.76/3.7/2.06

Other weapons for comparison:
PGren StG 44: 15.35/12.81/7.69/3.38/1.44
Sturmpio StG 44: 15.89/10.84/4.8/1.21/1.21
Riflemen BAR: 13.97/10.45/6.97/5.17/4.37
Grenadier G43: 10.4/7.7/4/2.69/2.2
Pfusilier G43: 9.1/6.7/3.5/2.3/1.9

As you can see, two Volk StGs amount to just a bit more than a single PGren StG 44.

I suggest reducing the upgrade's cost from 70MU to 45MU. If it seems to be too inexpensive, refer to the Grenadier G43 upgrade. It costs 45MU while giving the squad more DPS at all ranges than two StGs. The extra MU can be used for mines, medics, mechanics, fausts, etc.

Second, I disagree with removing the Panzershrek. Sure, they cause blobbing issues, but WM PGen Shrek+StG, USF zook+BAR, and UKF PIAT+Bren blobs still exist. Cost doesn't deter players from blobbing, Demo charges, mines with suppression, artillery, and other anti-blob tools do. If you argue that it's too inexpensive to blob Volks, I would disagree. For 4 Volks+ Shreks, you would need 1000MP and 360MU, while with PGrens you can get 6 Shreks for just 20 more MP. Sure, you have less durability (20 models verses 12 models), but 3 Shrek PGrens have more anti-infantry DPS than 4 Shrek Volks at close-to-mid range, they have more AT power, AND they scale better.

I suggest a "Unlock Volksgrenadier Weapon Packages" side-tech option at the Command HQ for 150MP 15FU (same as the Weapon Racks cost of USF and Brits). Unlocks 90MU 1xPanzershrek or 45MU 2xStG 44+Faust. I don't think it is necessary to make this side-tech require either Battlegroup HQ or Mechanized Regiment HQ.

3) MG34. It definitely needed the DPS buffs, seeing how it has very low damage output, but I don't think they should be non-doctrinal. I feel that it would take away from the doctrine's uniqueness and damage the faction's asymmetric design.

I suggest leaving the MG34 a doctrinal unit, and keeping the MG42 as WM-only.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS