Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
21 Apr 2016, 17:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 17:38 PMnigo
Waiting for a light mortar to US T0 and Airborne Sniper to Recon commander.

Brofist.
21 Apr 2016, 17:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Those OKW buffs are awesome. What is a bit worrying is relics new approach, instead of employing professional designers, they are implementing community mods. It is not a bad idea, but it might lead to dark places you know.

m00
21 Apr 2016, 17:42 PM
Donator 11

Why is everyone saying MG is in tier0? It's clearly in battlegroup headquarters, the medic truck.
21 Apr 2016, 17:44 PM

So Tullip rockets lose half their damage, in exchange for a slight munitions decrease and a two second faster reload? I'm not entirely sure thats a fair tradeoff. I still see nothing about the Valentine or Sexton being buffed...

Nor a early game AT Snare so....I don't see any UK issues being fixed except for the Universal Carrier being slightly buffed.

Making the Artillery flares toss from further away isn't going to make it worth using when they can't kill or suppress anything when they hit.
aaa
21 Apr 2016, 17:45 PM

What did they do to mines in normal words? How much models they kill now?
21 Apr 2016, 17:46 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 17:45 PMaaa
What did they do to mines in normal words? How much models they kill now?

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 17:42 PMm00
Why is everyone saying MG is in tier0? It's clearly in battlegroup headquarters, the medic truck.

If I had to guess, people see "Headquarters" and assume it means T0, even though every OKW truck has headquarters in it iirc.
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 17:42 PMm00

Clearly, our love of abbreviations has a drawback for us.
21 Apr 2016, 17:47 PM

With Counter Battery costing Munitions now...is there any reason it should still lock-out production of units?

While this is a mostly good list of changes, a few of them make me say "wait what?"

Firstly, you've got the Penals, which while they needed a buff, will become the best CQC unit in the game for 270/90. That's a bit aggressive. That 90muni upgrade is just too much for a single button. My bet is that it'll normalize to just being a flamer upgrade for 60.

Ost changes seem decent, although it's basically just a "fix brummbar" patch for them. There's still a bunch that could be done, though.

OKW changes are just not that great. While I agree that Shreck blobs needed to go, they now have NO man-held AT solution. They also have the AT gun with the shortest range in the game. They're going to get rolled by basically any early vehicle play that's well micro'd. Personally, T2 or something needs to have a shreck squad similar to CoH1 PE's AT squad. MG change is great, though.

UKF changes seem decent, although the insta-unlocked self repair on the UC seems a bit strong, especially early game. I could easily see a new UC w/ flamer or Vickers K rush vs. no-AT OKW meta.

And no USF changes? So we're just keeping the current rifle-bar spam meta, then.

The Volk blob is dead, Heil to the Rifle Terminator blobs
21 Apr 2016, 17:48 PM

This is looking solid AF. Can't wait to try it.
Senior Moderator Badge

Also not sure if that MG34 change means that the MG34 is now in T0 non-doc, of if it's just been replaced for the call-in.

It's in T1, and its place in docs have been replaced why an HMG42.
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Amazing changes, I do like the change to the Volks but which unit will then get the shrek? That leaves the OKW without a hand-held AT weapon even with all commanders considered. Whereas all other factions get one:

UKF: PIAT
SOV: Guards, Partisans
USF: Zooks
OST: PGs with shreks
21 Apr 2016, 17:50 PM

a new tank hunter squad ...??? naa relic is lazy...maybe shreck on sturms and popcap of sturm reduced from 9 to 7..??
21 Apr 2016, 17:50 PM

Amazing changes, I do like the change to the Volks but which unit will then get the shrek? That leaves the OKW without a hand-held AT weapon even with all commanders considered. Whereas all other factions get one:

UKF: PIAT
SOV: Guards, Partisans
USF: Zooks
OST: PGs with shreks

Just imagine you play Ost osttrupen without building T2 and rushing directly into tanks. No AT weapons for OKW if this changes appyed.
21 Apr 2016, 17:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just imagine you play Ost osttrupen without building T2 and rushing directly into tanks. No AT weapons for OKW if this changes appyed.

Raketen's fine.
21 Apr 2016, 17:51 PM

While this is a mostly good list of changes, a few of them make me say "wait what?"

Firstly, you've got the Penals, which while they needed a buff, will become the best CQC unit in the game for 270/90. That's a bit aggressive. That 90muni upgrade is just too much for a single button. My bet is that it'll normalize to just being a flamer upgrade for 60.

Ost changes seem decent, although it's basically just a "fix brummbar" patch for them. There's still a bunch that could be done, though.

OKW changes are just not that great. While I agree that Shreck blobs needed to go, they now have NO man-held AT solution. They also have the AT gun with the shortest range in the game. They're going to get rolled by basically any early vehicle play that's well micro'd. Personally, T2 or something needs to have a shreck squad similar to CoH1 PE's AT squad. MG change is great, though.

UKF changes seem decent, although the insta-unlocked self repair on the UC seems a bit strong, especially early game. I could easily see a new UC w/ flamer or Vickers K rush vs. no-AT OKW meta.
+1
also the dps on tommys with bren also need to be looked at and some buff to pgs short range dmg
And no USF changes? So we're just keeping the current rifle-bar spam meta, then.

+1
also the dps on tommys with bren also need to be looked at and some buff to pgs short range dmg
21 Apr 2016, 17:52 PM

Something would have to give if they bring shrecks back for earlygame OKW. They have too much in tier 0-1.
21 Apr 2016, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 17:51 PMVuther

Raketen's fine.

Its not. Ofcouse if you injoy supression, insanly long aim and reload + insta gibbing, then yes its fine.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 16
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %