Login

russian armor

April 27th Balance Preview Mod Release Notes

PAGES (24)down
23 Apr 2016, 14:07 PM

ayy lmao

It's not like it has to be available at the start or even as powerful as other LMGs, but some sort of long range weapon like an LMG or G43 are the only things that supplement a base rifle squad.

Maybe Panzerbusches?
23 Apr 2016, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 14:07 PMNezmith

It's not like it has to be available at the start or even as powerful as other LMGs, but some sort of long range weapon like an LMG or G43 are the only things that supplement a base rifle squad.

Maybe Panzerbusches?

Do you know what role overlap is?

You have obers for that.
23 Apr 2016, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 14:15 PMKatitof

Do you know what role overlap is?

You have obers for that.

Because Sturms don't have STG :sibHyena:
23 Apr 2016, 14:41 PM

I've been messing around in MirageFla's mod and I'm starting to think giving them 2x panzerbusches with the same firing time, pen and accuracy as a bazooka with half damage so DPS is the same as the zook is necessary. The faction's not bad, but they've become really defensive because of their reliance on Raks, which isn't really how the faction should be.

In a similar regard, I'm also thinking returning suppression Kubel with more HP but a higher cost and locked behind a tier structure like the current MG34 might be the way to give them mobile suppression.
23 Apr 2016, 15:12 PM

Guys, I've got a question to those with more knowledge about the game as me (I'm still far from talking balance!)!

US Forces and Soviets received mainly buffs in this mod or future patch right? And except for price decreases for Wehr tiers there will be no buffs for Axis units if I understood everything correctly (which is probably not the case). Wouldn't that mean Allies become a lot stronger than Axis? I felt that everything was quite even atm.

Note please: I seek to get a real explanation if possible.
23 Apr 2016, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 15:12 PMDiePest
Guys, I've got a question to those with more knowledge about the game as me (I'm still far from talking balance!)!

US Forces and Soviets received mainly buffs in this mod or future patch right? And except for price decreases for Wehr tiers there will be no buffs for Axis units if I understood everything correctly (which is probably not the case). Wouldn't that mean Allies become a lot stronger than Axis? I felt that everything was quite even atm.

You are pretty much correct, there are couple of other buffs for Wehr being Pios can make sandbags and Flame HT is buffed but aside from that yes.

You are also correct on allies being a lot stronger, this patch is very one sided and OKW is pretty much being nerfed out of the game. OKW has essentially been turned into an inferior Wehrmacht.
23 Apr 2016, 15:39 PM

Hey now zooks are no longer free for Captain, can Relic plz change 2 RE from the squad to 2 Rifleman? It is weird to see 2 types of inf in 1 squad like that.
23 Apr 2016, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 15:12 PMDiePest

Couldn't care less about USF, but USSR are receiving buffs to underperforming/underused units mainly, which in theory will not necessarily lead to imbalance, but rather more diversity in soviet strats. Some of these buffs might be too much, but it's too early to tell. If it's the case, it will hopefully be toned down before the release.

I think it will be alot more fun to play with and against soviets after the changes, less predictable (read: less maximspam). Can't wait to use some doctrines I haven't touched for years with the new (hopefully) viable stock.

They finally decrease the tech costs for OST, been waiting for this so long. Looking forward to test the new Brummbär as well, maybe it's actually viable now with the buffs and cheaper tech. They still have early game issues though, I hope they won't get more prominent with all the changes this patch.

I'm not really looking forward to the OKW changes, losing the schrek is huge. It will take alot of time to get used to, and probably lead OKW in a more linear direction (I.E. Puma every game or gtfo). I would have preferred the range decrease that Brad suggested (-5) to make medium tanks actually viable against brainlessly charging volks, while retaining some OKW flavour and promote more intelligent play with the schreks. It goes for zooks as well. I've wanted something like that for ages.
I don't really agree with the +15 fuel side tech costs, it's the dirt cheap MP costs that needed an increase. As for the MG's..I'm not sure. I don't like that they are becoming more and more like OST, but I tend to always go for the hmg-34 doctrines anyway. It might make something else viable for me now.

No change to raketen with schrek removal? I hate that unit, not looking forward to learn how to use it properly. I've always found the 50 range crippling.

And the doomsday theorycrafting going on here is ridiculous. Some people can't take changes that risks to force them out from their comfort zone.
23 Apr 2016, 17:24 PM

Thanks for those who took the time to explain the changes a bit!

I wonder how Ost will do early game, too. I found Ost to be very static and defensive in the early to mid game which didn't fit my playstyle really. I hope OKW won't become the same though I can't really say how the faction will play now after the changes. I still feel Ostheers Grens might need something but maybe the Sandbags will do that. I wonder if they can stand against the new penals though.

It definitely sounds like this will be a totally new game.
23 Apr 2016, 17:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Give double shreck upgrade to sturmpios, just like the ostheer Pgrens. Let sturmpios choose either to get minesweepers + faster repair or double shrecks.
23 Apr 2016, 17:28 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 04:01 AMVuther

Including Stormtroopers?

Good point sorry :P
23 Apr 2016, 17:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 17:28 PMwouren

Good point sorry :P

I had to struggle for about 10 seconds thinking "Naaaaahhhh that can't be" before I thought that too myself.
23 Apr 2016, 17:44 PM

The only reason I like OKW nerf is that it changes their design.
Which means the new design is gonna get buffed anyways, and it'll serve to highlight the never-ending crusade of fanboyism.
24 Apr 2016, 13:19 PM

While removing Panzerschrecks from Volksgrenadiers is overall a step in the right direction, it leaves them without an obvious mobile counter to tank destroyers.

I like the double panzerbusche upgrade idea (like the PTRS and Boys Rifle) for Volksgrenadiers since it and the Panzerfaust would allow Volksgrenadiers to effectively threaten Allied TDs without making Volksblobs effective.

A single buffed Panzerschreck (160 damage?) on Obersoldaten for 60-ish munitions might also be an option but it would be difficult to balance.
24 Apr 2016, 13:24 PM

I wouldn't mind two buttons, one for the STGs and one for the PTRS clones. Make them mutually exclusive and there ya go.
24 Apr 2016, 13:33 PM

also with usf at gun buff is better than 6 pounder now .....??? now most of the allied units can penetrate and still nerfs their rear armor gg relic
24 Apr 2016, 14:41 PM

I favor Wermacht, but when I got OKW I wasn't told it would turn out to be a copy/paste of Wermacht. Just replace raketen with a Pak40 and poof, there you go! A copy/paste of Wermacht.
Of course all the allied players are celebrating these "balance" previews. But how 'bout we remove bazookas from USF, panzershrecks from SU and PIATs from UKF? Why not give 'em captured panzerfausts if OKW gets them? We know everyone would go apeshit crazy. But when OKW's Panzershrecks get removed, thats A-Okay!

Gg!
24 Apr 2016, 15:03 PM

also with usf at gun buff is better than 6 pounder now .....now most of the allied units can penetrate and still nerfs their rear armor gg relic

Ok let's see

New 57 at gun : 150/140/130

6 pounder at gun : 200.00

"Better" :snfPeter:

Stop crying plz
24 Apr 2016, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2016, 15:03 PMShanka

Ok let's see

New 57 at gun : 150/140/130

6 pounder at gun : 200.00

"Better" :snfPeter:

Stop crying plz

my bad it was a question forgot to put question marks
but still ever heard of take aim..?? and my point still stands ukf needs a good at gun but usf are going to benefit so much from this.
24 Apr 2016, 15:10 PM

my bad it was a question forgot to put question marks
but still ever heard of take aim..?? and my point still stands ukf needs a good at gun but usf are going to benefit so much from this.

Yeah take aim, that ability who is being nerfed in the same time as the pen get buffed, sure USF will benefit from that and not feel the need to put zooks on inf because they got a "decent" at gun now
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS