Login

russian armor

When will Relic fix the counter barrage cancer

21 Apr 2016, 12:42 PM

Puma's do out range Bofors, I have killed many a Bofors with a Puma.

But it is vulnerable to a fast AT gun or piat blob.

So you can use Puma and it works. Puma having counter like every units in game isn't something wrong.
21 Apr 2016, 12:51 PM

Not being able to build units is a pretty big deal. They also can't use the regular coordinated fire abilities while it's active. (Maybe I'm the only one who actually cares about that though.)

Also vs emplacement spam they're pretty vulnerable to you simply driving around the map and rolling into their base.

I agree mobility is the best option, but I don't understand how base diving would punish the CB player. Even if you manage to destroy his base he just needs to send some repair units back after he pushes you off. He wasn't using the buildings to produce units anyway. Meanwhile you risked hitting a mine and getting wiped, and on many maps moving around the emplacements gives up 2/3's or more of the map so its outright impossible to ignore. Having few mobile infantry does not mean he has no army. Also the CB player will be floating fuel like crazy and can get his first tanks out before or at the same time as you.

Coordinated fire appears useless to me. I cannot find a way to use it. Now that people know it does nothing they don't even retreat infantry under its fire they just move them slightly.
21 Apr 2016, 17:21 PM

Relic designed coh2 to supplement holes in faction design

The factions, in the original form (before any changes i.e soviets or OKW) didn't have holes in their arsenal, they had different tools for the job.

Commanders are supplemental, not required.

I agree mobility is the best option, but I don't understand how base diving would punish the CB player. Even if you manage to destroy his base he just needs to send some repair units back after he pushes you off. He wasn't using the buildings to produce units anyway. Meanwhile you risked hitting a mine and getting wiped, and on many maps moving around the emplacements gives up 2/3's or more of the map so its outright impossible to ignore. Having few mobile infantry does not mean he has no army. Also the CB player will be floating fuel like crazy and can get his first tanks out before or at the same time as you.

It's a matter of resources. If you spend your resources on a mobile strike force, and he builds static defenses, if you fight where there are no static defenses YOU WIN. Brit has ~1500 mp tied up in Tech buildings and emplacements if he builds T2+T3 and has a bofors, forward assembly and mortar pit.

You can straight up just kill him more often than not. Either by killing his base or preventing him from capping any territory outside the protection of his bofors.

Sappers repairing his base are sappers not repairing his emplacements.

It's the weakness of sim city. If he spreads his emplacements out more and used emplacements to supplement his core army it'd be a bit different.

Coordinated fire appears useless to me. I cannot find a way to use it. Now that people know it does nothing they don't even retreat infantry under its fire they just move them slightly.

It zones people out of an area and wrecks buildings.

It's like a regular howitzer. Very high damage per hit, but not likely to really hit anything.

With Anvil selected it's a pretty big threat to stand in though.

I've never seen anyone stand in it and not have a bad time. Most people will back off and take another approach when I use it or try to rush through it, which is the whole point of me using it.

It's cheap enough that you can put it down here and there willy nilly and it acts as a big annoyance for your opponent.

21 Apr 2016, 17:42 PM
Patrion 15

The factions, in the original form (before any changes i.e soviets or OKW) didn't have holes in their arsenal, they had different tools for the job.

Commanders are supplemental, not required.

Your right, the Soviets and Ostheer are the most well rounded factions, I guess I should have qualified my statement by saying "Since WFA". Doesn't change my initial point.

Soviets and Ostheer suffer from massive commander bloat and both factions have had several different commanders that disrupted balance for several patch iterations before finally being balanced out.
21 Apr 2016, 20:42 PM

The answer to the original question is: April 27th.
21 Apr 2016, 21:57 PM

Puma's do out range Bofors, I have killed many a Bofors with a Puma.

But it is vulnerable to a fast AT gun or piat blob.

Bofors can use its Suppression Barrage to hit Pumas and the damage is pretty nuts.
21 Apr 2016, 22:25 PM

The answer to the original question is: April 27th.

Yep, great
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak