Login

russian armor

Soldiers retreat order

11 Jul 2013, 16:36 PM

This is not really a bug but I'm not sure where else to post this, does anyone find it difficult to select a curtain unit next to the Command Center when you have retreated let's say at least 3 units back? They all stand so close to each other I always end up clicking on the wrong unit than the one I wanted to select, maybe it would be nice if they retreated to different points around the structure?

And one other thing, while I'm talking about this, wouldn't it be nice if you could enable a half track or forward command center as the point you like your soldiers to retreat back to instead of them running all the way back to base? I always thought about this since COH1.
11 Jul 2013, 16:43 PM

Both are really good points. I know what you mean by units clumping up together back at HQ, its very minor but a small tweak to that would be nice. Having units retreat back a half track sounds like a great idea but I wonder how hard it would be for them to code retreating to a vehicle that is constantly moving around the map. Might mess around with the AI path finding.
VP_
11 Jul 2013, 16:45 PM

Try learning to use TAB-key to select individual units or use SHIFT to deselect squads that you dont want to controll.

1st post :D
11 Jul 2013, 16:59 PM

Yup that is an option. Usually what I do is I will click the overlapping units and just move them away from the HQ.
11 Jul 2013, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 16:45 PMVP_
Try learning to use TAB-key to select individual units or use SHIFT to deselect squads that you dont want to controll.

1st post :D

Noted, by the way how do you select your entire army? Is there a button somewhere that I'm missing?
11 Jul 2013, 17:38 PM

I don't think there is a way to select your entire army.

Solid
11 Jul 2013, 17:57 PM
Senior Caster Badge

If you could retreat to a FOB or half track that would make retreat too good.
11 Jul 2013, 18:43 PM

If you could retreat to a FOB or half track that would make retreat too good.

Yes, maybe so, but then again both teams get's to do it so where balance (and I know that is not what you were referring to) would be fine. I just think it would make it more interesting sometimes almost like having a second "base" at some strategical location, but I can understand it becoming annoying when your opponent keeps retreating their units after you almost killed them and then 10 seconds later here they are again just to repeat what they just did. So overall I agree it might make retreating too good, was just something I been wondering ever since COH1 having forward command posts in civilian structures where you could actually train units from, so to me it would have only made sense to set that structure as the default retreating point for units if you so chose.
11 Jul 2013, 18:47 PM

I don't think there is a way to select your entire army.

Solid

Ah ok, thanks for your tips and responses. I think I just realized why I was missing such a button (SC2). But still, they could at least have made it so that when you click on let's say the first portrait on the top right screen and then holding "shift" and clicking on the last portrait that it would select everything under that selection. Sometimes I take all my units and attack move on the enemy base which results in everything I got attacking the enemy from all sides... this I do when I'm (mostly) curtain I would win.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★