Login

russian armor

April 20th Update

PAGES (11)down
19 Apr 2016, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 07:53 AMHikuran

You are wrong about vCoH.
The US .30 M1919 has rather slow RoF and low suppression but deals more damage compared to Mg42, but they are cheaper. PE has no infantry MG but they have mobile MG HT 250/2. Commonwealth only has doctrinal Commando MG but they can build MG nest to suit their rather defensive early game.
MGs in vCoH are very different

Technically, it was an M1917 Browning.
19 Apr 2016, 12:52 PM

sweet overreaction from the allied fanboys love it they will every axis unit to death still complain about the being op and here a legitmate nerf is being met by hyperbole,,,also when can we expect balance mod preview release notes
19 Apr 2016, 13:30 PM

sweet overreaction from the allied fanboys love it they will every axis unit to death still complain about the being op and here a legitmate nerf is being met by hyperbole,,,also when can we expect balance mod preview release notes

That is quite rich, coming from someone who managed to fill a sea of tears while chanting for allied nerfs constantly.

Plus, if you'd wiped the tears, you could see more clearly and read that no one is crying, but stating that relic didn't fixed any issues, but put band-aids that won't fix or change nothing.
19 Apr 2016, 13:50 PM

This is more of a hotfix than a patch, for obvious reasons.
My body is ready. Only took Relic 2 months.
I also have a feeling my strategy will still work after the nerf. Obviously not as strong, but works none the less.

Also inb4 new bugs are created. :guyokay:
19 Apr 2016, 14:07 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

What i would also balance this (possibly next) patch:

Increase Pershing health to ~equal Tiger 1

Reduce Bofors indirect arty fire ability effectiveness

Reduce Bofors effectiveness against medium/heavy tanks as there is currently almost no reason to build a 17 pounder

Reduce squad kill potential of whermacht antipersonnel minefield by ~10%

Buff KV-1 and KV-2 in some way to make them useful
19 Apr 2016, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 11:59 AMKatitof

As much as I hate to admit it, he actually got half of a point right.

The disparity of IS-2 vs Tiger docs gives ost over twice as much doctrinal freedom in the choice, increasing possible BOs, while not being as doc reliant in the first place.

You could argue for 34/85, but its still a med and you need to pick it if you want to use med that works.

Although I agree with you what ability would you put instead of tiger
Let me guess Rigel mine ? :snfPeter:
19 Apr 2016, 14:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Agreed with Von, this is just a hotfix. An OK hotfix at least. Cancer should have been hit harder but oh well.

Pray that they didn't get a number backwards and just buff the Cancer for the next 90 days...
19 Apr 2016, 14:24 PM

What i would also balance this (possibly next) patch:

Increase Pershing health to ~equal Tiger 1

Reduce Bofors indirect arty fire ability effectiveness

Reduce Bofors effectiveness against medium/heavy tanks as there is currently almost no reason to build a 17 pounder

Reduce squad kill potential of whermacht antipersonnel minefield by ~10%

Buff KV-1 and KV-2 in some way to make them useful

+1 for the most part. I'd throw in "Buff Anvil", Reduce 17 Pounder Pop Cap, and fix Vet 3 Tommies Weapon Pinata as well personally.
19 Apr 2016, 14:25 PM

for next patch:
reduce bofors health
reduce mortar emp. laser accuracy and rate of fire
oh mattress mattress mattress, fix this
for dear allies players increase pershing health a bit but reduce dmg against inf (again a bit), right now pershing can wipe a 5 men squad with one shot.
PLS add ping test tool

WHO
19 Apr 2016, 14:29 PM

The hotfix/nerf to Adv Emplacements probably isn't enough, but I think it's more significant than people realize. Previously, the extra HP/armor made incendiary strikes worthless. Flames should now do significantly more damage to even buffed emplacements.

Also, the Ost mortar only has 35 pen. So with it previously buffing armor to 40, a mortar hit had a potential to "bounce". Now you have guaranteed pen with MHTs. An MG in a building with AP rounds can actually do some serious damage.
19 Apr 2016, 14:33 PM

Although I agree with you what ability would you put instead of tiger
Let me guess Rigel mine ? :snfPeter:

I've said "half of a point", first half to be specific :sibPheasant:
I'd rather not break what works, but fix what doesn't(contrary to 90% of balance experts around here).

Its not like soviets don't have potentially good docs that could become valid if given end game, but are steamy pile of.. without it.

I don't want to bother with any suggestions, because after all these years its rather clear they'd fall on deaf ear :foreveralone:
19 Apr 2016, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2016, 19:21 PMTobis
That... was underwhelming.

But there will be a balance preview for the real big changes later?

+1. Those changes are very well deserved, but I'm curious about the next "big update".
19 Apr 2016, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 12:32 PMVuther

Technically, it was an M1917 Browning.

Don't forget uber sniper and the lack of inf-wiping vehicles, only PE got notable 222 and its armor is like wet tissue, Wehr Puma comes late as hell unless you skip T2. All in all, vCOH support weapon is a lot more effective than COH2, as a result we got megablobbing.
19 Apr 2016, 14:48 PM

Don't forget uber sniper and the lack of inf-wiping vehicles, only PE got notable 222 and its armor is like wet tissue, Wehr Puma comes late as hell unless you skip T2. All in all, vCOH support weapon is a lot more effective than COH2, as a result we got megablobbing.

Actually, blobbing is worse in coh1.
19 Apr 2016, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 14:48 PMKatitof

Actually, blobbing is worse in coh1.

That's more like due to bad design of UK and PE, no body blob as USF or Wehr and PE blob do not work everytime.
19 Apr 2016, 14:58 PM

That's a moot point given the asymmetrical design of each faction. Even if say, a unit is rather crap to start with (looking at the T34/76 >.>), making it cheaper won't mean it's suddenly more viable. People are more likely/happier to pay a higher cost for a unit that performs as it should (or inversely, a unit that overperforms for its cost).

I'm not saying that the 222 is "OP" or anything like that, as it's good that it has finally found viability. But for its cost, saying that it's too cost-effcient for its utility is a valid argument to make. Especially using your own argument in this case here.

Spammed MG42s can be countered, just as spammed Maxims can be. Hell, they don't even have to be "relative". As long as their intended counters cost and work as they should it's alright. That's the idea of asymmetry.

The T34/76 in itself isn't crap. It's only crap relative to other units of its type (medium tanks) that come out at about the same time. Also, making it cheaper would definitely make it more viable, but that is not the appropriate balance change to make in this case. If they only costed say 50 fuel and 250 manpower, it would be a great unit.(obviously I'm not suggesting this) People would spam it because you'd get such good value out of it. It used to be in kind of a nice place, being a low cost medium tank that didn't require much teching that could come out before its competitors (maybe a bit too much before) such as the P4 and then dominate the battlefield for a short time. They completely killed it once it was moved to T4, you never see them anymore.

Just because the factions are asymmetrical doesn't mean that you don't have to balance them in relation to each other. Ideally you get the same value out of two different units that each cost 280mp each despite them have different strengths and weaknesses, that's the challenge of balancing a game like this.
19 Apr 2016, 14:59 PM

The return of Conspam has begun...
19 Apr 2016, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 13:30 PMKatitof

That is quite rich, coming from someone who managed to fill a sea of tears while chanting for allied nerfs constantly.

Plus, if you'd wiped the tears, you could see more clearly and read that no one is crying, but stating that relic didn't fixed any issues, but put band-aids that won't fix or change nothing.

Sounds like someone's salty :snfPeter:
"but stating that relic did't fixed any issues" lmao when did i say that, katy gonna katy (meow)
katy dont let the cure of cancer,cancer your mind :snfBarton:
19 Apr 2016, 15:10 PM

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but wow some of those skins are amazing. Really a job well done by the community and congratulations to the artists. I seriously am considering buying some of them now.
19 Apr 2016, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 14:24 PMBudwise
Agreed with Von, this is just a hotfix. An OK hotfix at least. Cancer should have been hit harder but oh well.

Pray that they didn't get a number backwards and just buff the Cancer for the next 90 days...

Agreed, this patch was too soft.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight