Login

russian armor

I really enjoy playing brits

18 Apr 2016, 19:03 PM

Hello, my point of this thread is to find out what other people think about them and if they agree with me,

So to start the thread, i really enjoy playing brits lately, i enjoy the ability to use piats on my infantry as a way to counter vehicles then i build some 50 cal snipers as a dps to infantry and vehicles as well, then also a 6 pounder anti tank gun to move it around and to cover my flanks.

Then when im up at 110 fuel i love building myself some Crownwell which i use as a wolf pack going around flanking enemy tanks with their speed and versatility if there is some infantry in the way, so in a way i hardly use any defensive structures when i play brits except the forward post section or what its called again where you can get piats and vickers and put a fall back position. I would say i use it as a reinforce post so i dont need to fall back all the way to HQ to reinforce and i think the ability to use heal with my infantry section is awesome! I hardly use the arty upgrade since it shoots so slow and you have to get so close to enemy to get the gun to shoot.

So in other words,

Do you think brits are good at the moment? Do you use think Crownwell is an OP tank or do you think its good as it is and balanced? Do you play aggressive and hardly use any defensive structures like me? Would also like to know how you other play them, interesting to know specially if there is a good tactic have missed that i can do, i always flank big heavy panzers with the Crownwell's and use piats at the same time then they have a trouble deciding what too shoot hehe.

EDIT:

Also, i have often now found myself in situations where i hardly dont even need to use any commanders. So have you guys also often had that happen where you dont need any commander as playing brits?
18 Apr 2016, 23:22 PM

I also love using the Brits offensively with sniper and Cromwell combo. I rarely build emplacements as Brits.
18 Apr 2016, 23:41 PM

non-doc LMG/handhold AT weapon, great non-doc mid-late game vehicle option, it's like a Aixs faction with Allied skin, yes I like it, I wish USF/Soviet have a better non-doctrinal toys selection
18 Apr 2016, 23:45 PM

Brits are great.

I personally am a huge fan of a surprise 17lber in 1v1 where you put it down right around the time they think their pziv is invincible. Gotta put it in a good spot though.

Usually if you do it right it's a medium tank kill and zones him out on half the map.
19 Apr 2016, 00:58 AM

What stage of the game do you use a 17pdr?

Always regretted building them myself..
19 Apr 2016, 01:13 AM

Same on the 17 PDR... between the Popcap and the Fuel cost I always feel like I don't get my investment back if I'm that desperate for AT I'll usually just get a Firefly if I have some spare Munis for the Tulips. (And they are damn nasty at Vet 3)

I do enjoy Brits though... especially their tanks, Cromwells and Comets are both such great all-rounder units that its a treat to play knowing you don't have to go a certain Doctrine just to get a reliable tank. Plus that voice acting. :D I think they are in a pretty good spot aside from minor annoyances like Tommies Vet 3 being Weapon Pinatas and Anvil generally sucking ass (I mean, the Advance Warning doesn't even work!).
19 Apr 2016, 02:35 AM

What stage of the game do you use a 17pdr?

Always regretted building them myself..

When you would normally build a tank. So instead of first cromwell, put down a 17lber. It's honestly better than a Firefly in most situations. (Firefly tends to miss...)

Alternatively, it can be a follow up to a cromwell.

It depends on the map and situation a little bit, but it can be very strong if your opponent isn't expecting it. It kills in 2 shots most vehicle, so even if they are quick to smoke and reverse out they have to be really lucky to expect.

It's also extremely good vs heavy tanks.

All it has to do is kill one tank and it has paid for itself easily.

19 Apr 2016, 05:35 AM

They have moments for sure. What's a shame is that they decided to waste units on emplacements and defensiveness instead of the British mobility - they were a fully motorised fighting force on the continent in this time period, just like the US was.
19 Apr 2016, 06:22 AM

Brits are great.

I personally am a huge fan of a surprise 17lber in 1v1 where you put it down right around the time they think their pziv is invincible. Gotta put it in a good spot though.

Usually if you do it right it's a medium tank kill and zones him out on half the map.

There is a time a pziv is invincible?
19 Apr 2016, 06:44 AM

There is a time a pziv is invincible?

When it first comes out and you haven't shown much AT, they'll get really cocky and aggressive with it.
20 Apr 2016, 10:35 AM

When it first comes out and you haven't shown much AT, they'll get really cocky and aggressive with it.

:-S If you have said luchs yeah definitely but a piv. As soon as it was made non doctrinal it was my jam, I have had both fuels and even then I have never had the freedom to chase down a single unit into enemy territory. A fresh pIV doesn't have blitz and wont get it fast enough to utilize before something hits it and it gets swarmed by piats. Its just not cheap enough to have that sort of window unless you are not scouting for a flak hq on purpose.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★