Login

russian armor

Insta squad gibbing rifle grenades need to be nerfed.

18 Apr 2016, 11:27 AM

Exactly :-)

So what's your point does it need nerf or not ?
(I say no aoe is a really important factor for nades remember Churchill )
18 Apr 2016, 12:50 PM

nerf insta gibbing nades too Kappa

Though Light Gammon might need to be looked at just a little :p

:snfPeter:
18 Apr 2016, 13:13 PM

So what's your point does it need nerf or not ?
(I say no aoe is a really important factor for nades remember Churchill )

I said this some post further above. I said that I think that in infantry combat it is okay in its current state but I don't like that it is possible to move into frontally versus a 4-man vickers or 50.cal and nade it while crouching on the floor. In yellow cover the MG would be pretty dead, in green cover it would be forced to retreat and heal. Imo you should always have to flank to nade a MG.

Though Light Gammon might need to be looked at just a little :p

:snfPeter:

Yes they are strong but they are doctrinal with commandos. Its pretty the same as the OKW grenades in the commander with commando panther and flares. That grenade is way to strong too, but hey its doctrinal and you are scacrifing a lot of other nice and strong stuff to get it. So both op grenades are somehow okay for me.
18 Apr 2016, 17:38 PM

Relic School of RNGesus Game Design:

1) Have abilities that wipe squads early and cheaply.
2) Make it so that units will clump automatically and rotate slowly due to bad unit movement.
3) Make it so that units move bizarrely due to bad pathfinding.
4) Pull down your pants and sh*t in players mouths and laugh at the idiots that bother to even play your game in multiplayer.
19 Apr 2016, 02:28 AM

*disables laying on the ground(hit the dirt)when getting shot at by machine gun)*
*allows getting up from ground under mg fire to kneel and fire nade*
19 Apr 2016, 02:53 AM

Since the rifle grenade plays as an ability which goes along with the strengths of the grenadier.(Long-range combat) I've played plenty of games where I am up against Ostheer players.
I have two options which may lessen the odds of squad gibbing.

1. Closing the distance. This is my safer option since it deny's the ability to be used while going against the strengths of the grenadiers.

2. Squad formation. Remember how you can reface tanks, well this also applies to infantry as well. Unless you are making a formation near cover, this option can allow the models to spread out unless they're right next to their cover. This lessens the rifle grenade's power since the models were refaced and spread out of their cluster formations. This may not work well if the unit on the receiving end happens to have low health or in negative cover.

I don't see why this thread is needed in the Balance section. This is more of a learn to play issue. After playing plenty of games against the Ostheer, along with mistakes, rifle grenades are expected to be used by the Ostheer at some point. To disregard this priority when facing grenadiers is the reason why it would seem that it is a cheap ability.

Does it need some tweaking? Yes, maybe the ability should have a lower range when grenadiers are suppressed?
19 Apr 2016, 04:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2016, 22:22 PMKatitof
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you were HALF as good as you claim you were, you'd have absolutely no problems at all with dodging rifle nades.

You have voice notification, animation is not instant and neither is travel time.

If you can't dodge it, you don't have awareness and reflexes needed for some of the most basic dodges.

Hell, in case of normal nades, if you star to react to them when you see the count down, you already failed.

Hardly anyone will believe you were top 3 anything in coh1 with nuclear nades there.

Would be true if this game was actually responsive and pathfinding was good. But it's not. Half the time your units die because of the crap engine optimization and poor movement of units coded in the game. COH2 massively favors zerg strategies not only because units tend to do too much damage in relation to vCOH, but because of the nonsensical clumping of units and poor input lag.
19 Apr 2016, 15:54 PM

Does it need some tweaking? Yes, maybe the ability should have a lower range when grenadiers are suppressed?

This would be a good solution indeed, you would have to flank or attack with multiple squads frontally that are spread out to not take supression from nearby squads.
20 Apr 2016, 15:35 PM

the audio doesnt always come early. it can be late in some cases if the game is laggy
20 Apr 2016, 17:02 PM

Not that I disagree what people are saying, but if you fire the rifle nade slightly behind the sandbag and squad in green cover, cover is directional and the green cover would not matter or are explosives different?
20 Apr 2016, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2016, 17:02 PMRocket
Not that I disagree what people are saying, but if you fire the rifle nade slightly behind the sandbag and squad in green cover, cover is directional and the green cover would not matter or are explosives different?

It depends.

I've seen squads take minor hp damage, and some blow up anyway.

In general, it's better to dodge.
20 Apr 2016, 20:13 PM

My only complaint about rifle nades is how effective they are vs MGs. It compensates for otherwise bad play by allowing grens to still trade relatively evenly after running directly into the cone of fire of a MG. Rifle nade makes it pretty hard to counter gren blobs with MGs in general. It's the same reason why suppression was changed so Cons can't ooorah! directly at MG42s to chuck a molotov anymore. If suppression reduced rifle nade range the ability would be fine.
21 Apr 2016, 06:27 AM

The main issue with this game is that a US player cannot effectively deal with units in buildings. Grenades are the only way to clear a building and that is very costly to the point that your opponent will still come out on top even if he does manage to lose 1 squad since you will have lost a lot more due to rifle grenades insta killing squads. The game is horribly designed for a pay to win type of play. Sherman's not cutting it in battle? Then pay extra for a pershing tank. Infantry Priest not doing enough damage to static enemy locations? Purchase a Calliope. if you want good abilities, you have to pay for them which is why this game fails.
21 Apr 2016, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2016, 22:22 PMKatitof
You have voice notification, animation is not instant and neither is travel time.

If you can't dodge it, you don't have awareness and reflexes needed for some of the most basic dodges.

Don't discriminate; you're forgetting that there are some players that can't hear the voice notification due to hearing problems. Not every player can see the animation clearly (there are several reasons this could be true) and some players may legitimately suffer from slow movements, e.g. poor motor co-ordination or involuntary movements. And yet you claim that anyone should make the top 3 in this game? Very poor post, because you're saying that the game is fine in its discriminatory state.

Rifle nade is a problem due to poor UI design, which limits the progression of differently-abled people, lowers the amount of community participation and allows a cynical observer to view Relic in a particularly critical light (if one were so inclined). Do not let yourself shiver amongst that wintry light.
21 Apr 2016, 15:58 PM

Don't discriminate; you're forgetting that there are some players that can't hear the voice notification due to hearing problems. Not every player can see the animation clearly (there are several reasons this could be true) and some players may legitimately suffer from slow movements, e.g. poor motor co-ordination or involuntary movements. And yet you claim that anyone should make the top 3 in this game? Very poor post, because you're saying that the game is fine in its discriminatory state.

Rifle nade is a problem due to poor UI design, which limits the progression of differently-abled people, lowers the amount of community participation and allows a cynical observer to view Relic in a particularly critical light (if one were so inclined). Do not let yourself shiver amongst that wintry light.

go.back.to.tumblr

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
unknown 24
South Africa 1
Germany 397
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W