Login

russian armor

I Will Never Judge Noobs Again

11 Jul 2013, 14:49 PM

Was playing a random 2v2. Every player was clearly not very experienced with the game, I thought this will be easy and boring. But turns out I almost got completely owned.

The other team fenced off all the resources there side so couldn't get in to them early on, then when I got my vehicles out I only found out that they mined literally the entire map. There armies consisted of MG guns and Pioneers, backed up by mortars.

Eventually our team did win (my team mate had an army of engineers and mortars too lol) but not before they took out 3 of my tanks (through mines only) and pinned down and mortared loads of my units. It was a strategy I never expected.

I gotta admit this certainly taught me a lesson, never judge a noob till you beat them.
11 Jul 2013, 15:11 PM

Was playing a random 2v2. Every player was clearly not very experienced with the game, I thought this will be easy and boring. But turns out I almost got completely owned.

The other team fenced off all the resources there side so couldn't get in to them early on, then when I got my vehicles out I only found out that they mined literally the entire map. There armies consisted of MG guns and Pioneers, backed up by mortars.

Eventually our team did win (my team mate had an army of engineers and mortars too lol) but not before they took out 3 of my tanks (through mines only) and pinned down and mortared loads of my units. It was a strategy I never expected.

I gotta admit this certainly taught me a lesson, never judge a noob till you beat them.

true words
11 Jul 2013, 21:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

sounds like your not as good as you think you are :P

also if your not familar how to counter a strat even "noob" strat can beat you. also using pro strats against "noobs" i find backfire alot of the time for me. (atleast in coh1) pro strats rely on the other guy to do certian things where as less experienced players often times don't do what alot of players look at mines in coh1. place a mine on the opposite side because he will think there is a mine on the otherside.

ps as a general rule its best never to judge anyone.
12 Jul 2013, 11:15 AM

lol, na I know how to play and play well, posted some nice replays on here, just wasn't expecting such a crazy enemy strategy. Defo a lesson learnt.
12 Jul 2013, 11:41 AM

Playing in 2v2,3v3 or 4v4 is quite a different experience. You can play against guys you would stomp in 1v1 and they will tool you in a multi-player game.

Gotta give those basic match players from COH 1 some respect :P
12 Jul 2013, 11:46 AM

No doubt, they should not be underestimated.
12 Jul 2013, 12:48 PM

I played a 3on3 yesterday with 2 random ~55 guys as german. We had ressources on mass (4 opels), but the only one who even (tried to) hold a VP was me. In the end we won, because i had 4-6 tigers spread on the map (including vet3). So dont overestimate as well. Funny match though.
17 Jul 2013, 06:56 AM

Thats actually pretty funny. Shows that when ppl do the unexpected it can go either way.
19 Jul 2013, 17:29 PM
Patrion 14

It's like watching professional sports can get dull. Soccer is an example, in European leagues you get such well-honed teams they play each other to a turgid standstill.

OTOH, lower league sports are where folks do batshit crazy things to see what they can get away with. Skilled people go WTF?

It's like the swordsman in Indiana Jones. He has all these fancy moves. Indie has a .38. GG.
19 Aug 2013, 09:35 AM

Ye once played with someone who just had a motar spam maybe 7 , after a barrage they would just shufle the units round the map so you couldn't keep up-LOL.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS