Login

russian armor

Airborne Infiltration Company Suggestion

13 Apr 2016, 04:45 AM

Alright so, I was bored in class and made up a commander designed for the Pacific Theatre

This Commander will be known as the "Airborne Infiltration Company"
---
Abilities/Commander Stuff:
---
(0) M36 Jackson Defense Package: Adds an HMG upgrade to the M36 Jackson Tank Destroyer, and also allows the Jackson to hunker down with sandbags to slowly heal over time. (The sandbags are replenished when fully repaired) (Cannot move in hunkered, but can still fire it's main gun and the HMG [if you upgraded it]) (Hunkering can be stopped if all sandbags are destroyed.) (Up to relic if they want to add this ability to this company.) (This should be a bulletin... as it would be an excellent bulletin for the Jackson.)

(0) Paratrooper Infiltration Packages/Paratrooper Infiltration Tactics: Paratroopers can capture points 50% faster, decapture enemy points 100% faster, and all Paratroopers can use the Infiltration Ability.

(0) Fire up: But this time it applies to your Riflemen and Paratroopers. (Yes that ability from rifle company, hear it roar and scare the fuck out of your enemies)

(2) Deploy Code Talker: Specialized Infantry that can deploy Radios to hide your units. [Said radio works just like a beacon when handling paratroopers] Can deploy from any ambient building.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_talker

(4) Recon Overpass: (Up to relic but, it could also be an ability for the code talker)

(5) Infiltration Paratroopers: Paratroopers, but with infiltration and better close-range firepower (Probably starting with Grease Guns), can use a M18 Recoiless Rifle (Ability) to cause a critical to vehicles, or cause damage to buildings. (Thanks Nee and Zak)

(5) M18 Drop: Drops a Crate with two M18 Recoiless Rifles. (Scrapped in favor of a Bazooka upgrade and M18 ability, Relic can do what they please with this idea)

---

Please leave feedback.

13 Apr 2016, 05:36 AM

I'm not a great player and I don't claim to be, but here's my analysis anyway.

(0) M36 Jackson Tank Destroyer HMG Upgrade: Adds an HMG to the part of the Jackson where the HMG would go...

This seems a bit weak in my opinion. Sure, it provides some anti-infantry capability to a dedicated tank destroyer, but the M36 would still be fragile and I'm not a huge fan of adding AI to dedicated AT units, (looking at you, StuG G) not to mention that due to how the game's coded, the HMG wouldn't fire if prioritize vehicles is on, but that's an entirely different issue.

(0) HMG Nest Upgrade: Upgrade a Fighting Position built by an Rear Echelon to an HMG Nest (the ones you find in your base)

Again, just a weak feeling ability. While it would be nice to allow the fighting positions to gain a bit more durability, it just feels like it wouldn't be that useful unless you were going for bunker spam, which seems against the mobile feel of USF and this commander.

(2) Deploy Code Talker: Specialized Infantry that can deploy Radios to hide your units. [Said radio works just like a beacon when handling paratroopers] Can deploy from any ambient building.

I like the idea of some kind of infiltration unit for USF, but I just can't really tell what you're going for here. Are you trying to add some way to give cloak to all nearby units or just to hide them from the minimap? I mean, I feel like you could make a really interesting unit from this, I'm just not quite sure what you're going for exactly.

(4) Radio Silence: (Same as the Oberkommando Ability)

I'm not sure about this ability. I just really don't see much of a use for it. It fits with the theme you're trying to set for the doctrine, but it feels like a weak ability for OKW, and I don't think increasing its CP and making it for USF would help much.

(5) Paratroopers: Same as the normal ones, just with the ability to upgrade Bazookas and M2 Flamethrowers on the field, instead of having to go to base to equip them.

It's a decent idea, but it seems to fix problems which USF doesn't have. While it does allow for building clearing and light anti-armor support from easy-to-deploy units, I just don't particularly see much use in it, especially at 5 CP. I've never really wanted to put zooks on paras, and while the M2 could be useful early on for building clearing, I'm pretty sure 4 thompsons will kill the unit inside the garrison much faster.

Overall, I like the thematic direction of the doctrine, but it just feels a bit weak. It just seems like it wouldn't really plug any holes in USF's lineup, and while it could add some interesting options for USF, it just seems like a weak alternative to regular airborne company.

One more thing

Alright so, I was bored in class and made up a commander designed for the Pacific Theatre

I know there was at least one jump done by the 11th Airborne in the pacific, but it wasn't a very "popular" method of transportation onto an island. Also, the whole pacific thing seems to be a hoax, so I wouldn't get your hopes up, for COH2 at least.
13 Apr 2016, 05:50 AM

(0) M36 Jackson Tank Destroyer HMG Upgrade

A bit weak, maybe a better version of .50 might help. I would suggest a Sandbag upgrade along with HMG that might help, sandbag adds 120 HP or nullify first shot from front. Sandbag will be replenish when fully repaired.
100 Muni total

(0) HMG Nest Upgrade
Still, USF is not a defensive Faction so a buff to defense is not much of help to gameplay. Upgraded MG nest will no longer be garrison so it Rear-E can no longer fire R-Nades within.

How about this, Upgraded MG nest will automatically garrisoned with one man that fire Rifle-grenade.

(2)Code-Talker
How about their statistic? Will comment later

(4) Radio silence is of great help to USF offensive, but its power is highly player-dependent so I'm unable to say its true value. And why 4cp?

(5)Paratrooper
I don't think Paratrooper have any training of Flamethrowers, it's not possible to drop them by plane and they are used for line breaking from front, a job not for Paratrooper, they strike from behind.
13 Apr 2016, 23:06 PM

I think this is a cool idea, but needs some tweaking.

I really like Hikuran's idea about also adding the sandbags, maybe change the name to like "M36 Jackson Infantry Defense Package" or "M36 Jackson Survival Package"

(0) HMG Nest Upgrade
I feel this commander as more of a aggressive infantry based company. So with that in mind I think we should change this upgrade to something like "Infiltration Tactics" in which infantry can capture enemy territory twice as fast or something, (similar to Wehrmacht Mobile Defense Doctrine, Breakthrough Tactics).

(2) Deploy Code Talker
Nothing wrong with this unit, I think it's a great idea except they should also have increased sight range, (considering the historical side of them).

(4) Radio Silence
This fine, you may also want to consider instead of Radio Silence you could have Recon Overpass or the Recon Strafe thing.

(5) Paratrooper
Also a good idea, except I also agree with Hikuran about removing the flamethrowers and bazookas, you can still have the bazooks upgrade but instead of the M1A1 Bazooka it should be the M18 Recoilless Rifle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M18_recoilless_rifle

Also, instead of a regular Airborne squad it could be another unit.

(5) Infiltration Paratroopers (can have a different name)
Just like regular paratroopers but with 5 or 4 men per squad.
Instead of Carbines and Garands they're armed with M1928A1 Thompson Sub-Machineguns or M3 Grease Guns. Also armed with satchel charges. Meant for aggressive/infiltrative infantry tactics.

14 Apr 2016, 03:47 AM

I think this is a cool idea, but needs some tweaking.

I really like Hikuran's idea about also adding the sandbags, maybe change the name to like "M36 Jackson Infantry Defense Package" or "M36 Jackson Survival Package"

(0) HMG Nest Upgrade
I feel this commander as more of a aggressive infantry based company. So with that in mind I think we should change this upgrade to something like "Infiltration Tactics" in which infantry can capture enemy territory twice as fast or something, (similar to Wehrmacht Mobile Defense Doctrine, Breakthrough Tactics).

(2) Deploy Code Talker
Nothing wrong with this unit, I think it's a great idea except they should also have increased sight range, (considering the historical side of them).

(4) Radio Silence
This fine, you may also want to consider instead of Radio Silence you could have Recon Overpass or the Recon Strafe thing.

(5) Paratrooper
Also a good idea, except I also agree with Hikuran about removing the flamethrowers and bazookas, you can still have the bazooks upgrade but instead of the M1A1 Bazooka it should be the M18 Recoilless Rifle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M18_recoilless_rifle

Also, instead of a regular Airborne squad it could be another unit.

(5) Infiltration Paratroopers (can have a different name)
Just like regular paratroopers but with 5 or 4 men per squad.
Instead of Carbines and Garands they're armed with M1928A1 Thompson Sub-Machineguns or M3 Grease Guns. Also armed with satchel charges. Meant for aggressive/infiltrative infantry tactics.

I really like the idea of Infiltration Paratroopers, so I am going to tweak the OP for this, also the Infiltration Tactics ability would be best instead of an HMG Emplacement spam upgrade. [The British beat us to it O:]

So i'm going to tweak the OP once i'm done replying.

14 Apr 2016, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 05:50 AMHikuran

A bit weak, maybe a better version of .50 might help. I would suggest a Sandbag upgrade along with HMG that might help, sandbag adds 120 HP or nullify first shot from front. Sandbag will be replenish when fully repaired.
100 Muni total

(0) HMG Nest Upgrade
Still, USF is not a defensive Faction so a buff to defense is not much of help to gameplay. Upgraded MG nest will no longer be garrison so it Rear-E can no longer fire R-Nades within.

How about this, Upgraded MG nest will automatically garrisoned with one man that fire Rifle-grenade.

(2)Code-Talker
How about their statistic? Will comment later

(4) Radio silence is of great help to USF offensive, but its power is highly player-dependent so I'm unable to say its true value. And why 4cp?

(5)Paratrooper
I don't think Paratrooper have any training of Flamethrowers, it's not possible to drop them by plane and they are used for line breaking from front, a job not for Paratrooper, they strike from behind.

The HMG Nest Upgrade is going to be replaced with Infiltration Tactics.

Since I am not the best at defining stats, I plan for the Code Talkers to have good survivability, but with weaker weapons.

So something like a Pathfinder that can survive an encounter with Volksgrenadiers.

I also intend on changing the Paratroopers to Infiltration Paratroopers, because it fits this company alot more than flamethrower troopers.
14 Apr 2016, 04:00 AM

I'm not a great player and I don't claim to be, but here's my analysis anyway.

This seems a bit weak in my opinion. Sure, it provides some anti-infantry capability to a dedicated tank destroyer, but the M36 would still be fragile and I'm not a huge fan of adding AI to dedicated AT units, (looking at you, StuG G) not to mention that due to how the game's coded, the HMG wouldn't fire if prioritize vehicles is on, but that's an entirely different issue.

Again, just a weak feeling ability. While it would be nice to allow the fighting positions to gain a bit more durability, it just feels like it wouldn't be that useful unless you were going for bunker spam, which seems against the mobile feel of USF and this commander.

I like the idea of some kind of infiltration unit for USF, but I just can't really tell what you're going for here. Are you trying to add some way to give cloak to all nearby units or just to hide them from the minimap? I mean, I feel like you could make a really interesting unit from this, I'm just not quite sure what you're going for exactly.

I'm not sure about this ability. I just really don't see much of a use for it. It fits with the theme you're trying to set for the doctrine, but it feels like a weak ability for OKW, and I don't think increasing its CP and making it for USF would help much.

It's a decent idea, but it seems to fix problems which USF doesn't have. While it does allow for building clearing and light anti-armor support from easy-to-deploy units, I just don't particularly see much use in it, especially at 5 CP. I've never really wanted to put zooks on paras, and while the M2 could be useful early on for building clearing, I'm pretty sure 4 thompsons will kill the unit inside the garrison much faster.

Overall, I like the thematic direction of the doctrine, but it just feels a bit weak. It just seems like it wouldn't really plug any holes in USF's lineup, and while it could add some interesting options for USF, it just seems like a weak alternative to regular airborne company.

One more thing

I know there was at least one jump done by the 11th Airborne in the pacific, but it wasn't a very "popular" method of transportation onto an island. Also, the whole pacific thing seems to be a hoax, so I wouldn't get your hopes up, for COH2 at least.

I'm probably going to layoff on designing this commander to fight Japanese, because I don't know what the Japanese will use.

I've ran into a need for Bazookas on my Paratroopers many times, and that is why I suggest that the Paratroopers have the ability to get Bazookas when needed. Let's proceed to talk about tweaking.

The Code Talkers would hide friendly units around them on the minimap.

So I intend on decreasing it's CP for the favor of the company's feel.
14 Apr 2016, 04:19 AM

I'm probably going to layoff on designing this commander to fight Japanese, because I don't know what the Japanese will use.

I've ran into a need for Bazookas on my Paratroopers many times, and that is why I suggest that the Paratroopers have the ability to get Bazookas when needed. Let's proceed to talk about tweaking.

The Code Talkers would hide friendly units around them on the minimap.

So I intend on decreasing it's CP for the favor of the company's feel.

Truth be told no airborne infantry has ever fought Japanese....
Mainly USMC and a handful of Army did
14 Apr 2016, 17:46 PM

Still needs some balancing but I like where this is headed
nee
15 Apr 2016, 20:56 PM

My take on the OP idea: I presume this is more about COH3 seeing as there's little to no chance for a Pacific Theatre (and for good reason).

(0) M36 Jackson Defense Package: Adds an HMG upgrade to the M36 Jackson Tank Destroyer, and also allows the Jackson to hunker down with sandbags to slowly heal over time. (The sandbags are replenished when fully repaired) (Cannot move in hunkered, but can still fire it's main gun and the HMG [if you upgraded it]) (Hunkering can be stopped if all sandbags are destroyed.)

Unlikely to be useful, given it's given to a late-tier unit, and to one that relies on speed and standoff range to be effect against anything. Not very sure what the idea is about, by the time you have Jackson you're already likely to have some sort of effective anti-infantry that's going to be much better than upgrading a TD.

(0) Infiltration Tactics: Infantry can now capture points 50% faster, and decapture enemy points 100% faster.

There's already an ability with that name, and there are also bulletins that let certain USF units capture points faster.

(1) Radio Silence: (Same as the Oberkommando Ability)

I'm personally against copying abilities from other factions. Similar abilities sure, but straight up ripoff?
Also, this ability is redundant with the Code Talkers idea you have, seeing as they both do the same thing.

These sound just like Pathfinders. Given that their sole specialization is just deploying radios to hide units, it's better if this idea was just a passive ability/ upgrade for existing infantry. The last thing this game (and CoH3) needs is more units that do less.

(5) Infiltration Paratroopers: Paratroopers, but with the ability to upgrade for Bazookas to increase anti-tank mobility, or sacrifice some mobility in favor of the M18 Recoil-less rifle.
About the only thing remotely airborne or infiltrate about this company, and at 5CP, AND can deal with armour? Paramarines never jumped into combat either, certainly not with full assortment to deal with every conceivable enemy.
If you want airborne units, they shouldn't be able to upgrade to bazookas. Like Commandos they should have some form of passive camouflage/ stealth capability to avoid high-risk battles. Demolitions might be a useful ability as their main use would be behind-enemy-lines subterfuge rather than a super anti-everything elite infantry; even FJs have many drawbacks, least of all lack of AT firepower.
16 Apr 2016, 02:52 AM

So you're saying I should adjust the Paratroopers so they aren't blatantly op at 5 CP?
16 Apr 2016, 02:53 AM

I agree with nee. I presumed the Infiltration Paratroopers to be like water downed commandos. With SMGs for close quarters and aggressive tactics, and satchel charges.

Also I think he meant the Code Talker to be more of a long range reconnaissance unit, similar to the Jaeger Light Infantry squad. But not to be completely utterly useless like the Jaeger is.
16 Apr 2016, 02:55 AM

I agree with nee. I presumed the Infiltration Paratroopers to be like water downed commandos. With SMGs for close quarters and aggressive tactics, and satchel charges.

Also I think he meant the Code Talker to be more of a long range reconnaissance unit, similar to the Jaeger Light Infantry squad. But not to be completely utterly useless like the Jaeger is.

^
Zak beat me to explaining it.
16 Apr 2016, 03:05 AM

Why not try this

0 CP: M36 Jackson Defense Package

0 CP: Fire Up Ability

2 CP: Infiltration Tactics

4 CP: Recon Overflight

5/6 CP: Infiltration Paratroopers
16 Apr 2016, 04:48 AM

Hey guys how does a M18 Drop/Bazooka instead of an upgrade sound?
18 Apr 2016, 03:52 AM

Hey guys how does a M18 Drop/Bazooka instead of an upgrade sound?

Paradrop M18 sounds very good to me, it's strong and can combine with other tactic or your teammates but not op.
19 Apr 2016, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2016, 03:52 AMHikuran

Paradrop M18 sounds very good to me, it's strong and can combine with other tactic or your teammates but not op.

Woot!
19 Apr 2016, 17:23 PM

We still need to narrow it down, a commander can only have 5 abilities and yours has 8. So here are my suggestions.

Remove

• remove Jackson Defense Package because it doesn't seem to fit this commander's style
  • remove the demolition upgrade because your Infiltration Paratroopers will already come with that

I got it down to 6, now you got to remove one more.

Change
  • "paratrooper infiltration package" should be changed to Infiltration Tactics. Instead of being a upgrade that only effects your Paratroopers, it will be a ability that activates for a certain amount of time (for a cost) and effects all infantry (This will make it more useful and therefore players will like it more)
  • "Fire Up" could be changed to 0 CP is you want
  • The M18 drop if you want, could be a available upgrade on your Infiltration Paratroopers, since the only way to upgrade a unit is for them to be instead friendly controlled territory, it will not be over powered.
nee
19 Apr 2016, 22:24 PM

I'd rather the M18 be an ability similar to Panzerfaust/ Grenade. Seeing as how historically it was a poor substitute for the Bazooka but excellent artillery support, it can be a targetable equivalent to Bundled Grenade/ Satchel Charge. That way it doesn't introduce balance and redundancy issues as you would replace bazooka upgrade with dropping M18s to you and allies' units. Allies will need a form of anti-fortification ability anyways, given OKW trucks and Ostheer bunkers.

This would also remove this from the list of commander abilities an make Paratroopers more powerful and unique from the other commanders. Also being a bit demo-oriented it replaces satchel charge.

Being an upgrade that just gives paratroopers better AT is redundant since bazookas already exist, and M18s didn't replace bazookas either.
20 Apr 2016, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2016, 22:24 PMnee
I'd rather the M18 be an ability similar to Panzerfaust/ Grenade. Seeing as how historically it was a poor substitute for the Bazooka but excellent artillery support, it can be a targetable equivalent to Bundled Grenade/ Satchel Charge. That way it doesn't introduce balance and redundancy issues as you would replace bazooka upgrade with dropping M18s to you and allies' units. Allies will need a form of anti-fortification ability anyways, given OKW trucks and Ostheer bunkers.

This would also remove this from the list of commander abilities an make Paratroopers more powerful and unique from the other commanders. Also being a bit demo-oriented it replaces satchel charge.

Being an upgrade that just gives paratroopers better AT is redundant since bazookas already exist, and M18s didn't replace bazookas either.

Holy snapple, that sounds like an awsome ability.

Alright so Paratroopers will be able to fire an M18 shell/canister/rifle grenade at tanks and buildings?

I might make the Bazookas an upgrade in friendly territory like Zak said.
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★