Login

russian armor

Isu-152 idea

• This thread is locked
11 Apr 2016, 02:37 AM

I just toight abouti one thing that could help the soviet with late game because they lack hard hitting weapon vs vs tanks ok zis take 10 shot to kill a Panther s around40 sec if eh dont move. Ok so the isu is mosty ai but its suppose to be the elephant of the soviet y as we Know it can switc between high explosive and normal, but normal are good vs infantry and ok vs tank he op vs infantry bute suck vs tanks so what i toight it to let the he as it is but the the normal one ap round like normal elephant round but a little it les powerfull like bounce one out of 7 on a Panther other that one out of 3

So what so you think

Littlebit like the sherman could be a good alternative
Thanks
11 Apr 2016, 02:58 AM

eh....
Am I reading English here or is it some new language?

ISUs are fine against infantry that's good enough for them, you can't just give soviet some Jack of all trade vehicles and make it bane of all

ISU with Su85 is a good combo. Soviet is already very strong by now.
11 Apr 2016, 03:00 AM

From what I've discerned, he's basically advocating for a penetration buff for the ISU-152 AP shells.
11 Apr 2016, 03:05 AM

From what I've discerned, he's basically advocating for a penetration buff for the ISU-152 AP shells.

ISU used to be both good at AI and AT, but relic thought it was too op and changed it like this.
:spam:that was the day 2X ISU equaled win
11 Apr 2016, 03:44 AM

I think the isu152 should be dedicated AT
11 Apr 2016, 04:13 AM

I think ISU can be dedicated AT, with solid AT performance but an ability to fire a HE shell (say, at a crewed weapon) for 40-50 Muni.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 02:58 AMHikuran
eh....
Am I reading English here or is it some new language?

Thats not very nice, some people don't speak English as a first language. Granted its hard to comprehend, but its better to ask questions to clarify.
11 Apr 2016, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 04:13 AMhubewa
I think ISU can be dedicated AT, with solid AT performance but an ability to fire a HE shell (say, at a crewed weapon) for 40-50 Muni.

Thats not very nice, some people don't speak English as a first language. Granted its hard to comprehend, but its better to ask questions to clarify.

Me neither, but that's no excuse for thread like this.
Grammar mistakes or fault during the choose of words that people can commit while speaking a foreign tongue, but man can at least spell the correct words with use of dictionary not to mention that this forum is with spelling corrector.
11 Apr 2016, 07:07 AM

ISU 152 is fine as it is.
11 Apr 2016, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 04:13 AMhubewa

Haha Well its true, that is not my first language, but the main fact is that on wrote that on my ipad yerturday so Yeah the autocorrector is terrible even horrible haha
11 Apr 2016, 11:02 AM

And Well my corrector is french corrector so it is pretty useless when i write in english. And ive got to say Yeah it was horrible when i read it. Just a fact to write this short message by fking correcting my autocorrector it took me 5 min hehe
11 Apr 2016, 11:09 AM

I suggested way before they introduced the HE/AP round option for the ISU-152 to simply increase the reload time.

The ISU was notorious for using its HE shells versus armor. It was also notorious for having a terrible reload time.

I´d like to see the old ISU with only HE shells - effective versus both armored and soft targets - back yet with a reload time of about 15 seconds. Make it some kind of Sturmtiger/AVRE light.
11 Apr 2016, 11:41 AM
Donator 11

If you need AT why won't you build 2x SU-85 or 3-4x SU-76 for the cost of ISU? Bigger doesn't mean better in every situation.
11 Apr 2016, 11:53 AM
11 Apr 2016, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 11:09 AMButcher
I suggested way before they introduced the HE/AP round option for the ISU-152 to simply increase the reload time.

The ISU was notorious for using its HE shells versus armor. It was also notorious for having a terrible reload time.

I´d like to see the old ISU with only HE shells - effective versus both armored and soft targets - back yet with a reload time of about 15 seconds. Make it some kind of Sturmtiger/AVRE light.

I like this idea.

The KV2 only uses HE and it can (kinda) damage heavy armour, IIRC The ISU-152 has pretty much the same gun (maybe slightly bigger, I forget). Giving it back HE only rounds and making it semi-effective against tanks (through deflection damage) would be better than the current AP rounds which are far too unreliable against heavy tanks and the panther.
11 Apr 2016, 13:35 PM

Dis guy and his english :D

palyrearcd psl

plsu wan
11 Apr 2016, 13:36 PM
Admin Red  Badge

ISU 152 is fine as it is.

Nothing further to add.
11 Apr 2016, 13:49 PM

palyrearcd psl

here my palycard
11 Apr 2016, 13:55 PM

why do you people always want to fix units that are fine ?
11 Apr 2016, 14:49 PM

I like this idea.

The KV2 only uses HE and it can (kinda) damage heavy armour, IIRC The ISU-152 has pretty much the same gun (maybe slightly bigger, I forget). Giving it back HE only rounds and making it semi-effective against tanks (through deflection damage) would be better than the current AP rounds which are far too unreliable against heavy tanks and the panther.

This doesn't matter much, since relic doesn't seem to care a huge amount about historical accuracy, but the KV-2 used a tank-mounted version of the M-10 howitzer, while the early model ISU-152s used a modified version of the ML-20 that we all know and love (or hate).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★