Login

russian armor

Maxim vs OKW - Need some help

10 Apr 2016, 11:08 AM

A link to the replay: https://www.coh2.org/replay/51544/maxim-need-help

Suffered a little to Maxims, they managed to push me back to base extremely quickly, so I am just wondering, what did I do wrong?
10 Apr 2016, 22:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I feel like you played an ESL smurf, from NA most likely. Maxim spam and partisans...

The maxim spam into AT partisan is the soviet's Anti-OKW. On open maps with no buildings you can attempt to rush a Luchs, so just play defensively, hold whatever buildings you have on your side of hte map, and pray. On closed maps like La Gleize breakout or whatever honestly theres just not much you can do unless the soviet player just screws up royally.

You can also try Firestorm doctrine if they camp the buildings with the maxims, but I doubt that would be enough.

Sorry if im being short, but im just being honest.
11 Apr 2016, 06:45 AM

I feel like you played an ESL smurf, from NA most likely. Maxim spam and partisans...

The maxim spam into AT partisan is the soviet's Anti-OKW. On open maps with no buildings you can attempt to rush a Luchs, so just play defensively, hold whatever buildings you have on your side of hte map, and pray. On closed maps like La Gleize breakout or whatever honestly theres just not much you can do unless the soviet player just screws up royally.

You can also try Firestorm doctrine if they camp the buildings with the maxims, but I doubt that would be enough.

Sorry if im being short, but im just being honest.

No mate, don't worry bout being short, it was short and concise :D

And yeah, just felt really helpless since 1 maxim covers the next. Any flanking attempt is stopped by Maxims after maxims, and once i got base pinned without fuel, I know I was totally fucked and just folded.
11 Apr 2016, 08:49 AM

This is how i do it.. :) FOr long maxim spam was ruining my game vs soviets, but after lots of training i think i got over it.. i guess replay helps better than story..
11 Apr 2016, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 08:49 AMArnoLaz

This is how i do it.. :) FOr long maxim spam was ruining my game vs soviets, but after lots of training i think i got over it.. i guess replay helps better than story..

*best part, your replay killed the same guy that spammed me out I think :D
Kri
11 Apr 2016, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 08:49 AMArnoLaz

*best part, your replay killed the same guy that spammed me out I think :D

Any chance you guys can give a quick summary on the replay? im currently at work but really interested in the counter
11 Apr 2016, 13:57 PM

Work on kubel micro - early on u can help your volks to beat maxims with kubel (+ spot on em early on, and mess with their set up.. u see maxim, it sets up.. u back off with kubel, while spotting for suporting maxim and flank with volks/sturm. Never ever blob.. spread out and flank flank flank..then go for fast luchs (dont loose it) and then go for indirect fire. (Open maps - leig, urban - stuka.. sometimes both. For late game - command panther - its focus ability kills off any armor, with support of 3 schrecked volks and 1 raketen - u have fromidable anti armor. Luchs support vs infranty and leigs + stuka kills off any weapon team your opponent fields..

OKW power is in combined arms.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 18
unknown 3
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %