Login

russian armor

Reduce Braces Effect/ Mortar Pits less accurate

PAGES (10)down
11 Apr 2016, 01:23 AM

Yes.

All you need is practice to figure out how to fire stuka so more shells will hit.

At most they will bring it to half health, and one of them is going to be absorbed by brace. And even then the british player can repair it faster than 2 stukas can damage it.
11 Apr 2016, 04:21 AM

Ok more googling:

3" mortar upgrade for UC in Tier 1/2 (or whatever we consider the tier when Mortar Pit usually unlocks) is possible within the realms of historical fudging, I think. Possibly even a 4.2" for late war!

http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/wwii/wwii-vehicles-the-british-universal-or-bren-gun-carrier/

The problem - they dismounted from the UC to fire :D

I'm not sure if the 2" could fire from within the UC itself.

Being able to mount a crew to fire a mortar and firing within the truck are two completely different things, I simply don't think the UC was large enough to support a mortar crew firing from inside, which was what I meant.

Something that could be done - not sure about its gameplay impact - have a mortar that can be unpacked from a UC to have 1/3-1/2 of the hp of the current mortar pit but take 5-10 seconds to unpack/pack. That would be certainly more interesting and less gamebreaking than the current mortar pit.
11 Apr 2016, 05:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 01:23 AMDomine

At most they will bring it to half health, and one of them is going to be absorbed by brace. And even then the british player can repair it faster than 2 stukas can damage it.

Again, no.

You force to brace. Wait until CD, then fire 2 barrages (since it was about 2v2+ it's not a big problem to have 2 stukas)
11 Apr 2016, 06:24 AM

Again, no.

You force to brace. Wait until CD, then fire 2 barrages (since it was about 2v2+ it's not a big problem to have 2 stukas)

stuka isn't exactly cheap, and support two stuka is definitely diffcult for one okw player.

and the emplacements are cheap fuel wise.
11 Apr 2016, 06:56 AM

Again, no.

Thats 200 fuel, using 200 fuel to counter 400 MP + 60 muni + ..... and so on is absurd.
11 Apr 2016, 06:56 AM

Again, no.

Stuka is way more expensive than Bofos Emplacement. If a UKF player is only sitting duck in his little Simcity he is no threat. But even a noob like me knows emplacement is just a way to stall enemy so UKF can fast deploy Comet
11 Apr 2016, 07:01 AM

Why do you need stuka or mortar HT when you can rush 2x Stug or 1 OKW Pz4 and rape the simcity base?

OKW = highly mobile army, unless you build your HQ too close to the front line (but that's your fault), mortar are kind of useless if you micro well (not blobbing).
Ostheer = Have to be carefull with your HMGs but emplacement means no early cromwell, so rush T3 2xstugs and one push with your army to reduce them to ashes.

The only real issue with 2vs2 is the blobbing factor. But all factions are at the same page here.
11 Apr 2016, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 07:01 AMEsxile
Why do you need stuka or mortar HT when you can rush 2x Stug or 1 OKW Pz4 and rape the simcity base?

OKW = highly mobile army, unless you build your HQ too close to the front line (but that's your fault), mortar are kind of useless if you micro well (not blobbing).
Ostheer = Have to be carefull with your HMGs but emplacement means no early cromwell, so rush T3 2xstugs and one push with your army to reduce them to ashes.

The only real issue with 2vs2 is the blobbing factor. But all factions are at the same page here.

If Axis can have 2 Stug I believe UKF can at least have 2 AT or 1 Cromwell to defend his territory
11 Apr 2016, 07:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 07:01 AMEsxile

the bofor and mortar emplacement have enough range to cover a significant portion of a 2v2 map. The mere fact that his side of map is unassailable is also a huge advantage. He and his partner are free to pressure you instead.

The only thing that can reliably counter advanced cancer is panzerfusilier combined with jagdtiger.
11 Apr 2016, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 07:05 AMHikuran

If Axis can have 2 Stug I believe UKF can at least have 2 AT or 1 Cromwell to defend his territory

UKF doesn't shit fuel, if he build 1 mortar and 1 bofors, he'll be late in fuel if you don't build any fuel cost unit yourself. But yes, you should try to take the emplacement with your first stug, don't be too greedy don't lose it.

UKF also doesn't shit manpower, if he has 1 mortar, 1 bofors, 2 Atgun, hell he doesn't have any infantry to contest yours.
11 Apr 2016, 07:25 AM

the bofor and mortar emplacement have enough range to cover a significant portion of a 2v2 map. The mere fact that his side of map is unassailable is also a huge advantage. He and his partner are free to pressure you instead.

The only thing that can reliably counter advanced cancer is panzerfusilier combined with jagdtiger.

It is maybe because I'm use to play vs OKW or 2xOKW covering half of the map with their trucks, but there is always room to move. 1 Mortar to force him to brace, wait 20 sec and attack, I don't play Ostheer a lot but when I do, this tactic works everytime, if you can't take it before T3, build a stug, it is really potent vs it.

Emplacement are fine, same with the said OP commander, just focus the assembly point first. Only annoying ability is the counter barrage, it is maybe too much for the fortification commander. For sure do not invest too much in soft arty yourself to counter this commander, it doesn't work and make you lose.
11 Apr 2016, 07:27 AM

I think braces are fine. Remove that idiot BOFOR barrage and its all good.
11 Apr 2016, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 07:16 AMEsxile

UKF doesn't shit fuel, if he build 1 mortar and 1 bofors, he'll be late in fuel if you don't build any fuel cost unit yourself. But yes, you should try to take the emplacement with your first stug, don't be too greedy don't lose it.

UKF also doesn't shit manpower, if he has 1 mortar, 1 bofors, 2 Atgun, hell he doesn't have any infantry to contest yours.

One Bofos is 30 fuel and one Stug is 90, AT and Mortar pit is fuel-free...
Even Axis can shit fuel they can't beat that....Bofos can indirectly fire and believe me I have used that to destroy at least half a dozen Stugs or more Paks which wanted to "outranged" me.
As for infantry issues, is there any infantry in this game dare to charge toward a fully loaded Bofos emplacement?
11 Apr 2016, 08:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 04:21 AMhubewa

Being able to mount a crew to fire a mortar and firing within the truck are two completely different things, I simply don't think the UC was large enough to support a mortar crew firing from inside, which was what I meant.

Something that could be done - not sure about its gameplay impact - have a mortar that can be unpacked from a UC to have 1/3-1/2 of the hp of the current mortar pit but take 5-10 seconds to unpack/pack. That would be certainly more interesting and less gamebreaking than the current mortar pit.

The 3" and 4" mortars were purely using the UC as transportation, however the 2" version is as I suspected something that can be set up and fired from within the UC. I wasn't 100% sure of this earlier today, but now I'm reasonably confident:

Interestingly the 2" mortar was not only fired from the UC, there was a permanent mount in some UCs for it. So it was truly a Self Propelled Mortar, unlike the 3" and larger versions. Apparently the Australian 3" carrier was a specially modified version that could fire while mounted or dismounted, however that's not in British use.
11 Apr 2016, 08:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 07:25 AMEsxile

It is maybe because I'm use to play vs OKW or 2xOKW covering half of the map with their trucks, but there is always room to move. 1 Mortar to force him to brace, wait 20 sec and attack, I don't play Ostheer a lot but when I do, this tactic works everytime, if you can't take it before T3, build a stug, it is really potent vs it.

Emplacement are fine, same with the said OP commander, just focus the assembly point first. Only annoying ability is the counter barrage, it is maybe too much for the fortification commander. For sure do not invest too much in soft arty yourself to counter this commander, it doesn't work and make you lose.

the bofor and mortar have significantly more reach than the leig and flaktruck.
11 Apr 2016, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 07:39 AMHikuran

One Bofos is 30 fuel and one Stug is 90, AT and Mortar pit is fuel-free...
Even Axis can shit fuel they can't beat that....Bofos can indirectly fire and believe me I have used that to destroy at least half a dozen Stugs or more Paks which wanted to "outranged" me.
As for infantry issues, is there any infantry in this game dare to charge toward a fully loaded Bofos emplacement?

Then is it 40 fuel advantage over the 1st cromwell, not counting UKF side upgrades. I never lost a stug vs a bofor and I never say outrange.
First you damage the bofor with a mortar, force him to brace, wait 20 sec and then attack with a stug supported with infantry, spreak to not get them shred in one shot. The stug is more than enough to take a 70% life bofor. Hell, you can also smoke the bofor and attack ground with the stug from mid range if you want to make it safer!
11 Apr 2016, 08:42 AM

The bofor barrage thing is really ridiculous. It isn't enough that this thing can murder any infantry in about 3 seconds but it can also pin them down and kill them from long range with a barrage too. Because the brits don't have enough indirect fire options...

The brace thing is way too strong as well, definitely needs a nerf, especially with that freakin emplacement commander. Makes them practically invincible.
11 Apr 2016, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 06:56 AMhubewa

Thats 200 fuel, using 200 fuel to counter 400 MP + 60 muni + ..... and so on is absurd.

I hopy you are just trolling but if you don't I'm going to explain you.

Yes, 200 fuel to erase cheaper unit in few seconds. Not to counter. You can counter it in a lot cheaper way but it will take take to kill it, but for 200fuel you can erase it in seconds.

Calliope needs 4 barrages to kill Schwerer. That's 560fuel to kill Schwerer! Absurd, right?
Sure, you can kill it a lot cheaper but if you want to kill it in 3-4 seconds, then you need 560fuel.
11 Apr 2016, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 08:34 AMEsxile

Then is it 40 fuel advantage over the 1st cromwell, not counting UKF side upgrades. I never lost a stug vs a bofor and I never say outrange.
First you damage the bofor with a mortar, force him to brace, wait 20 sec and then attack with a stug supported with infantry, spreak to not get them shred in one shot. The stug is more than enough to take a 70% life bofor. Hell, you can also smoke the bofor and attack ground with the stug from mid range if you want to make it safer!

I know these methods to deal with it, I might be a noob but I'm no idiot

A experienced UKF would never use Brace so easily when attacked by a single mortar (or a group of them in one location), they will use Indirect fire to kill/drive away Mortar team (ability range same as Mortar, but slightly shorter than le.IG). An AT near Bofos will be even enough to defend against a Panther.

As for Smoke and attack-ground, that's more likely to succeed if UKF is not Advanced Cancer.
11 Apr 2016, 08:45 AM

I hopy you are just trolling but if you don't I'm going to explain you.

Yes, 200 fuel to erase cheaper unit in few seconds. Not to counter. You can counter it in a lot cheaper way but it will take take to kill it, but for 200fuel you can erase it in seconds.

Calliope needs 4 barrages to kill Schwerer. That's 560fuel to kill Schwerer! Absurd, right?
Sure, you can kill it a lot cheaper but if you want to kill it in 3-4 seconds, then you need 560fuel.

Stuka is very ineffective vs emplacements, especially with brace. You need multiple barrages to kill them. LeIG is actually more effective than stuka.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS