Login

russian armor

Relic should stop balancing the game around 1v1

10 Apr 2016, 21:58 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Every great game is balanced around the competitive scene because that is where the overpowered stuff has the most influence. The balance will easily trickle down to the rest of the game.

There are a lot of problems and they ALL stem from relic not paying attention to their pro scene

yeah a competitive sceen can't be made in 1v1 sir MVGame
11 Apr 2016, 20:43 PM

Wow....this thread is really toxic.... How about you guys tone down the insults and slurs abit
11 Apr 2016, 20:48 PM

The OP has been banned, that tells you all you need to know about the topic.

On a completely unrelated note, I hear the official forums are now up.
11 Apr 2016, 21:49 PM

paying attention to their pro scene

lolwut? :loco: :rofl: :romeoPls:

But this :brad: did :hansREKT::hansGG:
11 Apr 2016, 22:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

stop being mean pls...Had to invis like 5 posts.

Love Eachother. It doesn't matter if someone plays only 4v4, vs AI, 1v1 only, whatever. People aren't "retarded" because they prefer one thing over the other....

This thread is bad bait anyway. If the following discussion continues to devolve, it will be nuked.
11 Apr 2016, 22:37 PM

Remove maps from automatch for 2v2 that are played as 1v1 maps. Like Kharkov and semosky and crossing woods. They're to small for 2v2s.... Get rid of cluster city maps like trois ponts and edelerbruck.

It's one of the biggest issues with 2v2s. We dont have very good quality 2v2 maps right now.... and many of them are just to small or to clustered to be balanced.

Booo. I like these maps as 2v2. The larger maps are arduous. Games always turn into artillery slugfests, whereas they are more tactical on smaller maps.
13 Apr 2016, 04:58 AM

Or, just balance 1v1/2v2 and 3v3/4v4 as two different brackets. Like PvE/PvP is balanced in other games.

Same system, slightly different stats/mechanics.

I agree and great idea.
13 Apr 2016, 05:04 AM

Blobbing will never be fixed, COH2 is very conducive to it compared to vcoh and here's just a few reasons why:

-USF get smoke grenades
-conscript oorah makes spreading out less important since you can quickly relocate 1 or more squads for small muni cost
-anti infantry vehicles are either more expensive (Ostwind) or less effective (armored cars) than their vcoh counterparts
-the way mines work punish players heavily for straying from a sweeper unit
-2 factions don't have snipers
-MGs dropping on retreat give more incentive to rush everything to a defensive position now that you have better chance of recapturing it for yourself
-off map artillery is more delayed
-some units such as field support guns and Scotts are probably better at insta gibbing stationary single squads instead of punishing a blob so long as its moving
-OKW completely revolves around infantry

I agree especially with your smoke grenade point.
13 Apr 2016, 05:06 AM

What I meant was in the early stages of the game the balance guys mostly ignored what people like Aimstrong, Seph, DevM, Tommy, Inverse, Budwise, etc. had to say. Then later they had balance beta groups which consisted mostly of Relics "friends." A few of them really good, others average at best. The last and near perfect vcoh patch was mostly the work of the community, some legitimate experts at the game and others more balance and unit stat gurus. No private group they've put together has been as capable as that one, and the groups they did have were always put in the dark when they were about to milk new paid OP bullshit.

+1
13 Apr 2016, 05:42 AM

I agree and great idea.

I agree especially with your smoke grenade point.

+1

Yo, Bro, plz learn to use the multi quote or the edit button...
No one needs 3 1 char replies to a thread, lol.

Back on topic, I agree with the thread line - 4v4 needs some love
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS