Login

russian armor

(6) Purple Heart Lane (WIP)

3 Jun 2016, 09:57 AM

#RIP... So my save was messed up and my backup as well so #RIP Don't Know if to start it again or make a different map like brecourt manor or something :( :(

Feck sorry guys btw that was the last Screenshot I got....

Brecour manor would be cool, like the map was in Call of Duty
6 Jun 2016, 18:22 PM

Brecourt Manor was pissing me off so I went back to 8p_Purple_Heart_Lane

God I just cant stick to one map.......... :( :( sorry

7 Jun 2016, 19:59 PM
22 Aug 2016, 15:24 PM

Don't Get exited sadly this Map will probably not get fished because of me getting board again or comp problems :(
24 Aug 2016, 08:40 AM

If anyone has got any tips on how I can keep interest in making the map/Maps and finish it this time that would be appreciate
8 Sep 2016, 18:15 PM
3 Oct 2016, 19:42 PM

Tips on how to finish...

I would say you need to adjust your work flow. It seems you are trying to complete 1 piece of the map before starting on the next. I recommend having a fully working map to play test long before doing your detail passes. Maps almost never play out like originally thought (at least not until you have a lot of experience), and any changes that you have to make are exponentially more time consuming if you already detailed the parts that need changed.

Here is my recommended work flow...
Pencil and Paper - Draw your sectors. Sector design is the most important aspect of a COH2 map.
Blank slate - create the map in editor, and get the minimum to save.
Sectors on map - Add all the territory objects and paint the territory.
Basic map features - Add in the buildings, roads, tree's, hedgerows, and basic aesthetics across the map. Very generic.

Play Test - Test your map, see how it plays. This is one of the most important steps in finishing a map. If you go too long without anything to show for your work, it becomes daunting, especially with the larger 4v4 maps. This will revitalize your initiative.

Adjustments based on Test - Maybe a fuel sector needs moved, additional line of sight blockers, or a cutoff sector needs adjusted. Maybe nothing at all needs changed.
Detail pass - Start adding in more tile layers, and layer them naturally. Put dirt on the bottom, add grass on top...ect.
Detail pass - start adding in detail objects, barrels, ammo crates...ect.
Detail pass - start adding SPLT's, usually one of the last things I do. This will really bring out that fine detail that makes a map really POP.

Do each detail pass map wide, rather than hitting each sector or section with a complete pass all at once.

5 Oct 2016, 18:49 PM

Tips on how to finish...

I would say you need to adjust your work flow. It seems you are trying to complete 1 piece of the map before starting on the next. I recommend having a fully working map to play test long before doing your detail passes. Maps almost never play out like originally thought (at least not until you have a lot of experience), and any changes that you have to make are exponentially more time consuming if you already detailed the parts that need changed.

Here is my recommended work flow...
Pencil and Paper - Draw your sectors. Sector design is the most important aspect of a COH2 map.
Blank slate - create the map in editor, and get the minimum to save.
Sectors on map - Add all the territory objects and paint the territory.
Basic map features - Add in the buildings, roads, tree's, hedgerows, and basic aesthetics across the map. Very generic.

Play Test - Test your map, see how it plays. This is one of the most important steps in finishing a map. If you go too long without anything to show for your work, it becomes daunting, especially with the larger 4v4 maps. This will revitalize your initiative.

Adjustments based on Test - Maybe a fuel sector needs moved, additional line of sight blockers, or a cutoff sector needs adjusted. Maybe nothing at all needs changed.
Detail pass - Start adding in more tile layers, and layer them naturally. Put dirt on the bottom, add grass on top...ect.
Detail pass - start adding in detail objects, barrels, ammo crates...ect.
Detail pass - start adding SPLT's, usually one of the last things I do. This will really bring out that fine detail that makes a map really POP.

Do each detail pass map wide, rather than hitting each sector or section with a complete pass all at once.

Thanks Dude will give it a try! I moved on from purple heart lane because it was offing to much of a challenge to balance the flooded areas, and still keep it authentic! :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment