Login

russian armor

News from Relic Twitter

2 Apr 2016, 03:57 AM

Alright, im really curious, to all the people that wants a japanese faction, how are they gonna defend themself against the german,soviet,allied stuff? Dont you think Relic will have to lower everything on the big allied,german stuff to balance it with japanese stuff? so tell me how you guys think balance will work with other factions if japanese is added

Kamikaze infantry with satchel charges in their backpacks :snfPeter:
2 Apr 2016, 04:10 AM

Alright, im really curious, to all the people that wants a japanese faction, how are they gonna defend themself against the german,soviet,allied stuff? Dont you think Relic will have to lower everything on the big allied,german stuff to balance it with japanese stuff? so tell me how you guys think balance will work with other factions if japanese is added

although i don't want japan in the game

i think prob only up to some ok mid tanks, super cheap infantry so blob more, and support guns, infantry default with Banzai charge kind like Ohahh, but with receive accuracy debuff and immune to suppression. able to melee attack other infantry for great damage, infantry have sucide attacks to deal with tanks and buildings, and possible Calvary units, by commander skill have passive ambush camo and ability to build stealth bunker until it fire also commander with biochem weapons sqs,
2 Apr 2016, 04:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2016, 23:41 PMKothre
I don't recall Relic outright stating that the Japanese were absolutely out of the question. The most I've ever seen them say is that they're "not in our current plans" at whatever timeframe they were asked the question.

I believe someone asked them during a Relic stream around that time to clarify and they said for sure no Japanese faction.

They've gone back on so much of what they have said at this point, I don't think any answer can be trusted.
2 Apr 2016, 05:05 AM

-They said they wouldn't release DLC content which would affect gameplay.
-They said they wouldn't release a heavy tank for USF as it was against faction design.
-They said...

:D:D:D:D:D

Now that I think of it... yea you're right. I wouldn't be surprised if they released an Alien faction from outer space.
2 Apr 2016, 05:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2016, 04:20 AMTobis

I believe someone asked them during a Relic stream around that time to clarify and they said for sure no Japanese faction.

They've gone back on so much of what they have said at this point, I don't think any answer can be trusted.

That's highly disappointing if that's true. Guess I just have to hope they renege on their statement like they often have. :P
nee
2 Apr 2016, 05:52 AM

So funny you'd think they'd put the effort to actually making it.
2 Apr 2016, 05:56 AM

Salt is all that is left in my heart when I check the date of the tweet. :guyokay:
2 Apr 2016, 06:50 AM
Donator 11

The April Fools Day party is over. What happens now? What will Relic launch next?
2 Apr 2016, 08:39 AM

Japs would kill whole atmosphere in this game.

Just like hmm China in Rome Total War.
2 Apr 2016, 08:59 AM
Donator 11

Japs would kill whole atmosphere in this game.

Just like hmm China in Rome Total War.

Yes, I agree. Therefore I think the Italian/German army in Italy, Sicily and North Africa is a better option.

But, if this game survives a longer time, I can accept Japs as the seventh faction, if Relic introduce U.S. Marine Corps as the eight faction, and add Pacific maps and a Pacific Campaign at the same time.
2 Apr 2016, 09:03 AM

Well, a Roman army is thought to have fought a Chinese army on one occasion.

The argument for a Japanese factions is quite reasonable, seeing as they did fight each of the the Russians, the British and the Americans. The argument against is that you'd need to include tanks that were never fielded to give them any kind of parity.

2 Apr 2016, 09:08 AM
Donator 11

Well, a Roman army is thought to have fought a Chinese army on one occasion.

The argument for a Japanese factions is quite reasonable, seeing as they did fight each of the the Russians, the British and the Americans. The argument against is that you'd need to include tanks that were never fielded to give them any kind of parity.

They did fortify their islands pretty well. The whole faction could be very similar as the Advanced Emplacements Regiment for the Brits. Think about it...
2 Apr 2016, 09:33 AM

Hey, nothing is impossible. I really like the stealth bunkers idea upthread.

I can't see cavalry or melee combat being introduced, because both would require too much work, I think. And look at how people react to the Brits putting up a few structures.
2 Apr 2016, 10:38 AM

Yes, I agree. Therefore I think the Italian/German army in Italy, Sicily and North Africa is a better option.

But, if this game survives a longer time, I can accept Japs as the seventh faction, if Relic introduce U.S. Marine Corps as the eight faction, and add Pacific maps and a Pacific Campaign at the same time.

Well, the Japanese fought against the Soviet Union, so it is possible you can add Far Eastern Front (it's an interesting mix of pre-war and late-war arms), BT-7 near IS-2 and ISU-152, pre-war helmets and camouflage, paratroopers and marines
2 Apr 2016, 11:16 AM

What a dick move from relic
2 Apr 2016, 16:22 PM

If you think relic was mean check out the prank from Netflix:

3 Apr 2016, 17:40 PM

It really bothers me they stole Ginungagap's artwork.

I'm pretty sure the only remaining employees at Relic working on COH2 are two or three 13-year olds.

Bring the adults back, please.

3 Apr 2016, 18:38 PM
Patrion 14

It really bothers me they stole Ginungagap's artwork.

I'm pretty sure the only remaining employees at Relic working on COH2 are two or three 13-year olds.

Bring the adults back, please.

They "stole" nothing. Relic featured Ginnie and other artists (RitaRush etc) on their fan art fridays multiple times in the past.
3 Apr 2016, 20:05 PM

Lol, that Mad Max grenade lancer is hilarious! It's sad that this is an April fool's joke though. If they're not going to make a faction, then at least a Desert Fox commander with PIII, Flak 88 would be nice =(
3 Apr 2016, 22:35 PM

I wonder If relic will stay silent for another 3 Weeks now
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight