Login

russian armor

Lost all squad_action_apply data?

11 Apr 2016, 17:30 PM
Donator 11

Looking at a squad rgd (i.e. compressed attribute file) from the actual game archive (AttribArchive.sga), it would appear that they reverted squad_action_apply_ext from having squad_actions + squad_entity_actions back to just actions. This explains why all our data within squad_actions is not being recognized, but probably also means that when the modding tools are updated this data will be discarded.

Personally I'm going to try manually changing squad_actions to actions in all of my sbps XML files to try to avoid the data being discarded. Unfortunately doing this now (before the modding tools are updated) has no benefit - I tried it with the USF Lieutenant and Captain squads just to see, but the tools apparently discard non-conforming data when creating the mod archive.

Too bad we can't modify the contents of sga archive files.

Hopefully all this made some kind of sense!
Dar
11 Apr 2016, 18:13 PM

I'd actually appreciate a revert to the old "actions" only system. That would restore my tuning packs that were destroyed in February, I guess.

Anyway I suggest moving all action data from squads to the entities. You'll have to create a bunch of new clones and put all slot items in requirement actions to prevent trouble on reinforcing the squad, but it is possible and it is working just fine. I am done with 3 of 5 factions and up til now, every problem that occured could be resolved.
At least that way you'll have a certain security - unless Relics next target is the ebps section of the attributes. In that case we're fckd.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 13 Apr 2016, 20:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey Everyone,

I forwarded the issues you've been experiencing with the tools on to the dev team. However it looks like some of the issues you've been experiencing are to do with the engine changes that were implemented for the vet bug fix. There were some fundamental changes to how the game work which unfortunately might result in some of you needing to re-do some of your work to adjust for these changes.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 13 Apr 2016, 22:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Some additional feedback from the dev team:

I would suggest making backup copies of all the mod sbps XML’s now (i.e. the ones that still had “squad_actions” as data field name) and wait for an updated version of the modding tool. After the modding tool is updated, do the renaming from “squad_actions” to “actions”.

We plan to release an updated version of the modding tools in our next patch.
13 Apr 2016, 22:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 22:51 PMKyle_RE

I would suggest making backup copies of all the mod sbps XML’s now (i.e. the ones that still had “squad_actions” as data field name) and wait for an updated version of the modding tool. After the modding tool is updated, do the renaming from “squad_actions” to “actions”.

Hey Kyle, doesn't cuddletronic pass these things through anymore? Or did he leave the team, which would be a shame.
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 13 Apr 2016, 23:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey Kyle, doesn't cuddletronic pass these things through anymore? Or did he leave the team, which would be a shame.

Looks like that burden is on me now. Although, I will mainly be in the official forums for those looking for responses and feedback.
Dar
14 Apr 2016, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2016, 22:51 PMKyle_RE

That is some nice advice and it is certainly good to hear the issue was finally noticed, however it is still beyond me how this discrepancy between base game engine and mod tools could occur in the first place.

Unfortunatly, for me, this comes about one week too late. I just finished moving everything from the squad_actions extension to the ebps section... At least my older projects may still be saved by this method. Looking forward to the next patch.
19 Apr 2016, 03:03 AM
Donator 11

There is an alternate solution for slot items which doesn't necessitate cloning entities - use the squad_upgrade_apply_ext and put the add_slot_item actions in new upgrades (if one doesn't exist already, such as the Grenadier LMG).

I realize this might be coming too late for a lot of people, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case, since I just implemented this in my mod.
19 Apr 2016, 13:37 PM
Modmaker Badge

@ Kyle_RE

Thank you for the advice. Sometimes is difficult for us (the modders). Relic always introduce a lot of problems for our mods when do an update. But we need to live with that.

I already move all my data to the ebps file. I hope the next patch do not affect it too.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 24
United Kingdom 153
Germany 28

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak