Login

russian armor

Soviets - Too Strong

24 Mar 2016, 17:20 PM

Soviets are fine, just a few minor changes needed:
- Small increase in maxim set-up time to make the maxim a support unit rather than an autonomous a-move unit that can function very well on its own.
- Penal troops need some utility. Penal troops really do not serve any role not already filled by other troops. They are only moderately more expensive and powerful than Conscripts, which does not justify the cost of getting T1 in order to build them. One option would be to make them elite-infantry by simply increasing both their cost and DPS to further differentiate them from conscripts.
- 120mm mortar is not worth 13 supply; it should be reverted back to 10 supply.

Other than that the faction is fine.
24 Mar 2016, 17:23 PM

Soviets are fine, just a few minor changes needed:
- Small increase in maxim set-up time to make the maxim a support unit rather than an autonomous a-move unit that can function very well on its own.
- Penal troops need some utility. Penal troops really do not serve any role not already filled by other troops. They are only moderately more expensive and powerful than Conscripts, which does not justify the cost of getting T1 in order to build them. One option would be to make them elite-infantry by simply increasing both their cost and DPS.
- 120mm mortar is not worth 13 supply; it should be reverted back to 10 supply.

Other than that the faction is fine.

Pretty much this. IMO they still need something for their T4 and a few other random units (M-42), but this would give them a decent early game that isn't made of cheese.
25 Mar 2016, 11:47 AM

I'm sorry but you guys are terribly bad, if as OKW you get downed by Guards, SU76 spam, and maxims.

Shocks I can understand.
But all the upper have been nerfed beyond any logical possibility, what are you asking of soviets?

They are with no doubt the weakest faction right now.
25 Mar 2016, 12:38 PM

I'm sorry but you guys are terribly bad, if as OKW you get downed by Guards, SU76 spam, and maxims.

Shocks I can understand.
But all the upper have been nerfed beyond any logical possibility, what are you asking of soviets?

They are with no doubt the weakest faction right now.

Maxims...... overnerfed.......

aaa
25 Mar 2016, 12:38 PM

If someone cant countersnipe garbage sov sniper then that player is a garbage. Thats the fact i believe in.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 15:55 PMKharn
The cheap t-34-85s that flood the map

3485 is the most expensive medium in game by far. Facboyz dont calculate anything before claiming bs like this.
Why calculate why think if they can just spread bs its easier.
25 Mar 2016, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 12:38 PMzarok47

Maxims...... overnerfed.......

They were nerfed though.
I'm not saying they perform bad right now, they don't, but they are performing just how it should and you want to nerf them again?

25 Mar 2016, 13:17 PM

they are performing just how it should

Just to make this clear, it is your stated and unambiguous opinion that Maxims are fine at the moment?
25 Mar 2016, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 13:17 PMDomine

Just to make this clear, it is your stated and unambiguous opinion that Maxims are fine at the moment?

More or less.
Why?
25 Mar 2016, 14:15 PM

Soviets are the weakest faction in the game.

They need a multitude of buffs. Penals, conscript scaling, T-34/76, horrible vet.
25 Mar 2016, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 14:15 PMButcher
Soviets are the weakest faction in the game.

They need a multitude of buffs. Penals, conscript scaling, T-34/76, horrible vet.

Sure. Give Ostheer 5 men Grens, buff P4's accuracy and pen, fix pios, buff brummbar and make T4 more useful.

Note: Soviets are one of the best faction both in tourney and in automatch.
25 Mar 2016, 15:22 PM

Sure. Give Ostheer 5 men Grens, buff P4's accuracy and pen, fix pios, buff brummbar and make T4 more useful.

Note: Soviets are one of the best faction both in tourney and in automatch.

Make Wehr t4 useful? What about soviet t4? The werfer is great, the panther needs no explanation, and the bruumbaar at most is slightly overpriced. Soviets get the Katy, 34/76, and SU85. In no way is soviet t4 in good place, they rely heavily on doctrinal armor.
25 Mar 2016, 15:38 PM

More or less.
Why?

I rest my case.
25 Mar 2016, 15:41 PM

Ohh my lord

Its simple, just smoke and flank

just like bofors right? LUL facepalm
25 Mar 2016, 18:28 PM

WAIT!!!

I thought they banned penalratbattalion
25 Mar 2016, 19:02 PM

lol, are you guys crazy? maxim is the worst mg in the game, terrible suppression, almost no damage, the set up speed means nothing when the arc cover nothing besides max range and the worst thing is the fact that it can only move foward (seriously, this is so retarded).

people only spam maxims because anything else is terrible too, but maxims are annoying as hell.

the only good things about soviets right now is ppsh for cons and guards with DPs(finally after 3-4 years they became useful). But you cant put guards in danger or you will drop weapons and bleed too much manpower.
25 Mar 2016, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 19:02 PMzerocoh
lol, are you guys crazy? maxim is the worst mg in the game, terrible suppression, almost no damage, the set up speed means nothing when the arc cover nothing besides max range and the worst thing is the fact that it can only move foward (seriously, this is so retarded).

people only spam maxims because anything else is terrible too, but maxims are annoying as hell.

the only good things about soviets right now is ppsh for cons and guards with DPs(finally after 3-4 years they became useful). But you cant put guards in danger or you will drop weapons and bleed too much manpower.

penals mate
26 Mar 2016, 00:09 AM

penals are too inconsistent, even before the veterancy, when I use them they either roflstomp everything or completely fail. Never a middle ground
26 Mar 2016, 15:48 PM

This is a satirical thread right? OP can't be such a delusional player?
26 Mar 2016, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2016, 19:02 PMzerocoh

lol, are you crazy? maxim is the best mg in the game, awesome suppression, tons of damage, the set up speed means nothing can flank it and the best thing is the fact that it is best used with a-move (seriously, this is so retarded, watching maxims set-up and deal with any inf trying to flank without any micro input).

people spam maxims because it requires zero micro and maxims are OP as hell.

I can know, it's all i do as soviet.
26 Mar 2016, 17:44 PM

every time I a-move my maxims they just face the complete opposite way of the enemy, this pudding will not stick.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★