Login

russian armor

Officiers und der Offiziere - USSR is lackluster again

24 Mar 2016, 08:36 AM

i mean,

a more viable non-doc soviet roster would make many other dustbin commanders much more attractive (usable and thus worth spending money on)

but relic cant think that far ahead i imagine.

so nothing will be done, and the finished unit will rot in the game files.
24 Mar 2016, 09:34 AM

The powers that be participate in this glorious discussion, so fear not Madame Commissar.
I agree, then again, its a movie, and essentially a lovestory for a Western audience at that, catering for their perceptions and confirmation biases. It really does indicate a telling lack of emotional maturity to work yourself into some fit of patriotic rage over the matter, sadly. I mean, what are us Krauts to do? Start WW3 because in Hollywood our cruelty is only matched by our incompetence? The outrage!

That seems rather trite. The movie U-571 switched the incident in which an Enigma machine was captured from a British operation to an American one, and this caused great annoyance in the UK. The movies may not be the place to go for real, detailed history, but flagrant disregard for reality in something presented as historical is both insulting and problematic.
nee
24 Mar 2016, 12:51 PM

A Commissar squad sounds nice in terms of dealing with filling certain gaps in the Soviet faction, but this not only carries the risk of balance issues, but also asymmetric design. Soviets is the ONLY faction in the game where there are no officer-type units. Both Axis and UKF have both officer squads and command tanks, and USF only has officer squads, though they are non-doctrinal and tied to tiers.

Only way I would approve of Commissar unit(s) in Soviets is if they are in commanders...and I mean the crap ones we barely use. Replace on of the recycled abilities and things may well change for these commanders. That said, exactly what the Commissar squad offers to the player is another matter.
24 Mar 2016, 23:07 PM

I would love a band of brothers type series on the eastern front if done properly (not just massive stereo types) following both sides showing that despite what is shown by the movies that both sides were fighting for their lives and what not

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_War

Give this a spin, it does basically what you're asking for. Its interesting too since it shows things from the PoV of German citizens, not just soldiers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★