Login

russian armor

Can we change the way units exit buildings?

21 Mar 2016, 19:41 PM
Strategist Badge

When units exit UKF emplacements they go one at a time right? Now I haven't ever had someone plant a mine next to an emplacement exit but if they go one at a time surely only the first model would die. Can this be done for all buildings? If so would not this solve a lot of the units wiped exiting buildings crap that we endure?

#adapt
21 Mar 2016, 19:53 PM

No, thanks. I like my tripwire flares wiping falls just for 10 muni.
21 Mar 2016, 19:56 PM

Really good idea, i like it. :thumb: That would solve the damn "mine in door way wipes", i mean ofc you can sweap and play with attention but in my opinion is this not the way to play this game with these mine wipes. So i would appreciate a change to it. :D
21 Mar 2016, 19:57 PM

I was meaning to make a thread about this too. Squads should really only exit buildings with max. 2 units at a time.
21 Mar 2016, 19:58 PM
Donator 11

Actually I prefer it the way it is. I can assure there is no mines by sweeping or exiting from the side I went in if its not teleported squad. What is more important now I can dodge nades coming into the building. If there was a time interval between every model exiting the building it would be impossible, or at least much harder to dodge.
21 Mar 2016, 20:05 PM

you mean to tell me that four people shouldn't use a doorway at the same time?

This explains where I've been going so wrong in life...... XD

21 Mar 2016, 20:08 PM

It would be nice to nerf 1-shot squad wipes from mines/tripwire etc.

However, it would also be nice to limit infiltration squads spawning willy-nilly from all over the map, at the same time.

Obviously, nerfing mine-wipes while keeping current infiltration mechanics untouched will make playing such doctrines a living nightmare (i.e., even more annoying than the current state).

I like how Miragefla's mod addresses both, currently (infiltration units can only spawn from units in friendly territory).
21 Mar 2016, 20:26 PM

Actually I prefer it the way it is. I can assure there is no mines by sweeping or exiting from the side I went in if its not teleported squad. What is more important now I can dodge nades coming into the building. If there was a time interval between every model exiting the building it would be impossible, or at least much harder to dodge.

I see this as a good thing
21 Mar 2016, 20:58 PM

I see this as a good thing

Agreed, its too easy to building camp on some maps and any player with half a brain can easily dodge grenades - it just means wasted Muni in the hopes they aren't paying attention.

At most you'll only get a few models but that's fair if you going to be spending 30-45 Muni. I don't think this would be that bad for dodging grenades - its not like HMGs get obliterated right now if they get caught while trying to exit and theoretically you'd only have half your squad in the building as opposed to an entire HMG crew.
21 Mar 2016, 22:54 PM
Donator 11

Agreed, its too easy to building camp on some maps and any player with half a brain can easily dodge grenades - it just means wasted Muni in the hopes they aren't paying attention.

At most you'll only get a few models but that's fair if you going to be spending 30-45 Muni. I don't think this would be that bad for dodging grenades - its not like HMGs get obliterated right now if they get caught while trying to exit and theoretically you'd only have half your squad in the building as opposed to an entire HMG crew.

You can always throw a nade a the door if you want. Or throw 2 nades simultaneously in 2 different engagements. Those mind games are much more fun than making a player tank the nade just becouse there is no possible counterplay.
21 Mar 2016, 23:49 PM
Strategist Badge

You can always throw a nade a the door if you want. Or throw 2 nades simultaneously in 2 different engagements. Those mind games are much more fun than making a player tank the nade just becouse there is no possible counterplay.

Well if you were quick you might only have one model still in the house by the time the nade goes off, which might not even kill that model. I think its a fair trade considering UKF OKW and USF don't have non-doc flamers (wasp not included).

Also when they exit one at a time its still pretty quick, and if done right the warp spawned squads would come out of the nether door one at a time as well which would give more time to react to a nade they might throw, or indeed to avoid a wipe on retreat. Although I do agree we need less of the magic spawn squads.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
unknown 3
Russian Federation 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak