Login

russian armor

Flare mines - OKW gave us solution!

21 Mar 2016, 10:27 AM

That's not such a serious problem, but still, something should be done about it:

Flare mines - vet 1 ability of most part of soviet infantry. Soviet infantry is definitely not best in game, some of them are even really bad, like Cons. And in addition to that Relic gave them veterancy ability which I never (again, NEVER!) used myself or saw used by ANY player for my 3 year playing in CoH 2 experience. And I'm sure, that there is very rare chanses to see anyone who would use that ability and more rare - gain something from it.

Of course, some could say, that it is "free and cheap vision", but right now USSR is full of vision stuff. Recon planes, Mortar's star shell, sniper's light round... And all of those tools are way easier to use for sight, than putting flare mines. Using them just takes your and your units precious time. I guess, that is a reason, why 99.9% of people never use flare mines, and even more - forgeting about existance of such ability.

And of course, you could say, that Ostheer's ability is quiet useless too, since you can just build Med-bunker and heal them easier, than just every time spend 20 muni on med-kits. But, med-kits are actually usefull and I use them often to heal soldiers on frontline, when I just can't order them to retreat and get healing after hitting them by mortar shell, for expample. That's not always kill someone, but may damage all sodliers in squad tough, so you can just give them medkit and don't call them back for healing. Healing at frontline can be really important, as you can see. But, it should cost cheaper, 10 muni maybe, since UKF soldiers can use same healing for free at all.

My suggestion - not so long time ago Relic gave to OKW intresting doctrine, Overwatch doctrine. There we have "Early warning" ability, which automaticly puts flare mines at all captured points. I suggest to make vet 1 "flare mine" ability work same. If point will be captured by vet 1+ soviet squad they will automaticly put there flare mine.

I don't think, that it will be OP somehow, cos flare mines make no damage and giving only 8 sec sight. So, nothing really significant changes, but people will start to use flare mines after that. Ok, game will do it instead for them, but still, it's better than have totally forgoten ability in stock, like it is today.

P.S. Moderators or someone - change word "decision" in name to "solution, pls. Bad knowledge of english causes such mistakes, sorry.

21 Mar 2016, 10:38 AM

If they give another's vet 1 to osthee I'm in is completely useless it doesn't even heal itself and cost 20 and both squad need to stay still
21 Mar 2016, 10:43 AM

That's not such a serious problem, but still, something should be done about it:

Flare mines - vet 1 ability of most part of soviet infantry. Soviet infantry is definitely not best in game, some of them are even really bad, like Cons. And in addition to that Relic gave them veterancy ability which I never (again, NEVER!) used myself or saw used by ANY player for my 3 year playing in CoH 2 experience. And I'm sure, that there is very rare chanses to see anyone who would use that ability and more rare - gain something from it.

Of course, some could say, that it is "free and cheap vision", but right now USSR is full of vision stuff. Recon planes, Mortar's star shell, sniper's light round... And all of those tools are way easier to use for sight, than putting flare mines. Using them just takes your and your units precious time. I guess, that is a reason, why 99.9% of people never use flare mines, and even more - forgeting about existance of such ability.

And of course, you could say, that Ostheer's ability is quiet useless too, since you can just build Med-bunker and heal them easier, than just every time spend 20 muni on med-kits. But, med-kits are actually usefull and I use them often to heal soldiers on frontline, when I just can't order them to retreat and get healing after hitting them by mortar shell, for expample. That's not always kill someone, but may damage all sodliers in squad tough, so you can just give them medkit and don't call them back for healing. Healing at frontline can be really important, as you can see. But, it should cost cheaper, 10 muni maybe, since UKF soldiers can use same healing for free at all.

My suggestion - not so long time ago Relic gave to OKW intresting doctrine, Overwatch doctrine. There we have "Early warning" ability, which automaticly puts flare mines at all captured points. I suggest to make vet 1 "flare mine" ability work same. If point will be captured by vet 1+ soviet squad they will automaticly put there flare mine.

I don't think, that it will be OP somehow, cos flare mines make no damage and giving only 8 sec sight. So, nothing really significant changes, but people will start to use flare mines after that. Ok, game will do it instead for them, but still, it's better than have totally forgoten ability in stock, like it is today.

P.S. Moderators or someone - change word "decision" in name to "solution, pls. Bad knowledge of english causes such mistakes, sorry.

They actually DO cause damage. I may be wrong but I think people used then during ESL to plant on doors which caused Fallschrimjaeger squads to get instawiped upon spawning.
21 Mar 2016, 10:45 AM

10muni tripflare -> dead 440mp squad (fallschirms) feelsgoodman
21 Mar 2016, 10:48 AM

10muni tripflare -> dead 440mp squad (fallschirms) feelsgoodman

Then it should be also fixed.
21 Mar 2016, 10:57 AM

Flare mines are much better than Overwatch flares because flare mines kill units.
21 Mar 2016, 10:59 AM

Flare mines are much better than Overwatch flares because flare mines kill units.

But they shouldn't kill units. They should give sight and only sight! For to deal damage USSR have another mines.
21 Mar 2016, 11:23 AM

I think the flare mines are actually useful at some points. But compared to axis vet 1 ability they´re also pretty bad. The idea behind this flare mines was probably to show, where an attack will follow. Combined with click-me explosive, it´s an strong threat for nearly everything. I don´t think it should be changed to the OKW Comanders ability, because flares would loose the aspect of showing attacks, if these aren´t running over cap. points.
21 Mar 2016, 11:26 AM

I would remove the damage, increase the build time and make them free.
21 Mar 2016, 11:26 AM
aaa
21 Mar 2016, 11:30 AM

for goods sake close it. This absurd is above and beyond. Doesnt worth a reply
21 Mar 2016, 11:44 AM

Flare mines arnt too bad, the problem is that is all there is... There is nothing special about vetting up soviet units (fucking cap territory on a kv-2) both vanilla factions need an updat. When we now have recc acc biffs and Los or range buffs at vet 1 there is no longer a need for so many God damned flares...
21 Mar 2016, 11:53 AM

Flare mines arnt too bad, the problem is that is all there is... There is nothing special about vetting up soviet units (fucking cap territory on a kv-2) both vanilla factions need an updat. When we now have recc acc biffs and Los or range buffs at vet 1 there is no longer a need for so many God damned flares...

Aren't too bad, but major part of players never use them or even don't know that they have such mines. That is bad sign.

And yea, almost all soviet vet abilitles are wierd and mostly useless. But I don't think that Ostheer need something to fix here. Medkits are... not 100% usefull, but they still can be usefull as field patch-up for injured full-squad soldiers for to keep them in battle instead of callin them back.

And blitzkrieg is perfect ability for tanks. Good for fast raids, for saving damaged tanks. I only think something should be done with med-kits. Maybe, they should work as UKF's medic ability (heal squad iteslf and all around it) and cost only 10 ammo per use.

Personally I think, that Flare Mine won't be usefull even if it will work as "Early warning" flares. There should be something else. If they want to give some weak mines for soviet soldiers as veterancy ability why not to give them small anti-infantry PMD-6 mines? Or give another kind of ability. Flare mines are really useless. I could compare them with "Elite crews" of USF in Armour Company.
21 Mar 2016, 12:30 PM

Flare mines are cool. Don't touch them, plox. The main problem here - it's is only 1 upgrade for Sov infantry at Vet 1.
21 Mar 2016, 12:40 PM

You heard it first guys, flaremines OP ...

This is beyond ridicilous.

No, flaremines are very good for their cost, very effective, have many uses and are completely balanced.
21 Mar 2016, 12:41 PM

trip flares are really good for 10 muni, problem is, almost no-one uses them.
21 Mar 2016, 12:55 PM

Exactly, it is not that they are useless in game, but rather, another in a long list of abilities that players forget about and then complain that they suck because they "never" use them.
21 Mar 2016, 12:56 PM

That's what I talking about. When I thought about it I considered for myself: "allright, everything sounds like it is good ability. But nobody use it, so what's wrong?".

I think, problem is that efforts and time, which you spend on puting flaremines doesn't worth it. USSR is full of more easier to use sight ability - from light-rounds to recon planes. Keeping area under control with mines requiers from you too much micro and time and nobody wants to do that, even if it can be helpful.

So, it should be either automatic ability (for to make using of that not such troubling for players) or there should be another ability.

21 Mar 2016, 13:04 PM

That's what I talking about. When I thought about it I considered for myself: "allright, everything sounds like it is good ability. But nobody use it, so what's wrong?".

I think, problem is that efforts and time, which you spend on puting flaremines doesn't worth it. USSR is full of more easier to use sight ability - from light-rounds to recon planes. Keeping area under control with mines requiers from you too much micro and time and nobody wants to do that, even if it can be helpful.

So, it should be either automatic ability (for to make using of that not such troubling for players) or there should be another ability.

I'd leave it as it's now, since it can kill something so you need to take some time to place them. There should be a maximum to kill of like 2 models, since it can wipe all units when you pop them out of the building, which is just plain stupid.
21 Mar 2016, 13:04 PM
Strategist Badge

I could get behind a resource point only flare mine for sov units... or make inf exit from buildings one at a time like they do brit emplacements.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★