Login

russian armor

Ragequitters in ranked

22 Mar 2016, 04:30 AM

In higher level play I agree. Unfortunately the majority of 3v3s and 4v4 games are ruled by skrubs so an AI replacement can work both ways for that team.

I agree there are a lot of scrubs out there.
But if you have a placement, I've been surprised how good matchmaking works at the moment. Tbh the change in matchmaking's been a great under-rated improvement. You can get a lot of scurbs, but when u play closer to peak times and u will be surprised how less often u will get scrub opponents. At least, it's been my experience recently.
22 Mar 2016, 05:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 04:30 AMAladdin

I agree there are a lot of scrubs out there.
But if you have a placement, I've been surprised how good matchmaking works at the moment. Tbh the change in matchmaking's been a great under-rated improvement. You can get a lot of scurbs, but when u play closer to peak times and u will be surprised how less often u will get scrub opponents. At least, it's been my experience recently.

Same here. Matchmaking is awesome now.
My original point still stands though. Noobs dropping in noob games has less effect on the outcome than rage quitters in higher level play.
22 Mar 2016, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 09:59 AMVamp
Ok, here is the thing: I've made it to top 200 2v2 with UKF and USF (no longer with USF though), it's not a big accomplishment by any means, but at least I could expect some decent gameplay, but nope. In more than a half of my games people from both teams quit in first 5 minutes into the game, often before you can even surrender.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating to be matched with people who can't handle losing a unit/whatever and quit, but the worst part is that I often get matched with them again, which leads to a second lose.

For the love of God, if Relic will ever read that, add a black-list function so you won't be matched with a game ruiners in the same team again.

The mistake is your own. The mistake is expecting random internet players to have the same objectives as you do. The mistake is your own expectation. The mistake is caring about your leaderboard stats WHILE playing with random team-mates.

Fuck off, in other words!
22 Mar 2016, 10:59 AM

The mistake is your own. The mistake is expecting random internet players to have the same objectives as you do. The mistake is your own expectation. The mistake is caring about your leaderboard stats WHILE playing with random team-mates.

Fuck off, in other words!

Sorry for wanting to play the game how it was intended :(

Or is it an insta-dropping garbage came into my thread, defending its breed?
22 Mar 2016, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 10:59 AMVamp

Sorry for wanting to play the game how it was intended :(

Or is it an insta-dropping garbage came into my thread, defending its breed?

Instead of trying to write a smart reply, why not give my previous post time to sink in?
22 Mar 2016, 11:07 AM

Instead of trying to write a smart reply, why not give my previous post time to sink in?

Yeah, I am totally gonna reply "smart" to a guy who told me to fuck off. I care about solo 2v2 leaderboards because they exist. If trash players want to abandon games at 5 minute mark -- they may play custom games or whatever they want, not actually ruin RANKED matches for people who want to play competetively.
22 Mar 2016, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 11:07 AMVamp

Yeah, I am totally gonna reply "smart" to a guy who told me to fuck off. I care about solo 2v2 leaderboards because they exist. If trash players want to abandon games at 5 minute mark -- they may play custom games or whatever they want, not actually ruin RANKED matches for people who want to play competetively.

Take responsibility for your own mistakes. In other words, I can understand your irritation and frustration, but don't expect changes to be made to the game.
22 Mar 2016, 11:15 AM

Take responsibility for your own mistakes. In other words, I can understand your irritation and frustration, but don't expect changes to be made to the game.

I don't see any mistakes in going into competetive mode and expecting competetive gameplay later on. There must be a way to deal with people who ruin games, and "coh 2 community being small" shouldn't be a real excuse for not supporting automatch.
22 Mar 2016, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 11:15 AMVamp

I don't see any mistakes in going into competetive mode and expecting competetive gameplay later on. There must be a way to deal with people who ruin games, and "coh 2 community being small" shouldn't be a real excuse for not supporting automatch.

Fine, I'll spell it out for you. Don't queue pug when you can queue with a friend. If you care about your leaderboard status (which btw has nothing to do with 'competitive play' due to existence of pug vs premade) then you will never queue with a random stranger.

What you're getting now IS 'competitive mode', it's just you and some randoms versus some other randoms. People quitting is part of the scenario and really should figure in your strategy, else you're failing at it.

So your OP boils down to 'I pug and hate it when unreliable pugs quit' - hence, fuck off.

The leaderboard is a red herring in your thought process. It does not identify losses and victories where people dropped out, it only cares about win or loss. When you pug, you sabotage your leaderboard rank progression. In order to avoid this sabotage, queue with a solid team-mate and never pug.
22 Mar 2016, 11:27 AM

BTW to pre-empt your reply: Relic won't add a blacklist because people would abuse it by narrowing down the list to unreasonable levels. Queues would take forever and people would get ganked via blacklist manipulation. It'll never happen.
22 Mar 2016, 11:44 AM

Do you realise that there are diffirent leaderboards for random and AT games in 2v2 (and other) gamemodes, but pre-mades still get matched vs randoms right?

There are no logical reasons why current automatch should stay AT vs two randoms (which is an another problem BTW and needs to go), in my solo matchmaking needs to be improved, hell, I even agree to wait more for a game and be "ganked" rather than being matched with the same idiots over and over again.

Also, stop telling me to play AT and ignore the problem I point out.
22 Mar 2016, 11:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 02:16 AMVamp

I used to do it, but literally all of my friends quit the game at this momment. Also I want to play in random ladder, not AT one and not vs pre-made teams.

You will still play against arranged teams in Random Search. You just wont have AT of your own.

Treat randoms just like practice honestly..
22 Mar 2016, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 11:44 AMVamp
Do you realise that there are diffirent leaderboards for random and AT games in 2v2 (and other) gamemodes, but pre-mades still get matched vs randoms right?

There are no logical reasons why current automatch should stay AT vs two randoms (which is an another problem BTW and needs to go), in my solo matchmaking needs to be improved, hell, I even agree to wait more for a game and be "ganked" rather than being matched with the same idiots over and over again.

Also, stop telling me to play AT and ignore the problem I point out.

You're a stubborn bastard :D

No wonder you're frustrated with pugging 2v2.
22 Mar 2016, 12:03 PM

Yeah, 2v2 is pudding indeed. I think I'll take a break from this game.
22 Mar 2016, 13:45 PM

Why so much hate? I feel like you guys are disagreeing with each other just because you don't wanna admit to anything the other person says. Try and find a place of agreement.
22 Mar 2016, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 14:31 PMGrim
I'm by no means a high level player (I playing random allies on 3v3/4v4 half the time so defeat is not...uncommon) but I swear the quality of some teammates is just dire.

What is it with shit players and setting up sandbags defensive lines....miles away from the VP or fuel.....then refusing to build AT and refusing to build anything but T70s (example) despite it being the late game XD

THEN they spam the ping marker at EVERY tank for the rest of the game.

oh, and if they play UKF then they ALWAYS pick the Royal artillery commander.

On average the allies you get matched with are as good as yourself...
22 Mar 2016, 18:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For all people complaining.

-Set a macro to reset the search every 1/2 minutes if you care about having "fair matches". Wait half an hour to get a match.

-When searching random, remember you are also a random.

-Reminder that automatch is not competitive/ranked for most people.

Vent all you want here, but unless they specifically mention they will implement something (and be prepared to wait 2 years for it), nothing is gonna change at this point.
22 Mar 2016, 20:21 PM

On average the allies you get matched with are as good as yourself...

In theory yes.

In practice no.

Once you end up in the lower leagues it is hard to get out of them due to the generally poor quality of your teammates. Whilst this does apply to axis too, they are more user friendly in team games and for newer players.
22 Mar 2016, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2016, 20:21 PMGrim

In theory yes.

In practice no.

Once you end up in the lower leagues it is hard to get out of them due to the generally poor quality of your teammates. Whilst this does apply to axis too, they are more user friendly in team games and for newer players.

In theory over a decent sample of games yes, in practice over a decent sample of games yes.

Your second statement is also untrue. I would agree OKW is a very forgiving and 'easy' faction but I would say ostheer is rather unforgiving to be honest. Make a single mistake in composition and/or position and you just crumble. But rather to the point you are only ranked against your fellow allies performance, so even if random 2v2 was axis favoured at noob level (which, emplacement spamming brits aside it might well be), everyone low on the allied ladder is having to deal with that difficulty imbalance so you still get appropriately ranked amongst them.

In every RTS/competitive team game people low in the ladder all believe in some sort of 'hell' they can't get out of because bad team mates but it just logically cannot be and is not true. In games like league of legends that are 5v5 and champions cannot realistically 1v3,4 or 5 people even if extremely far ahead it really can feel this way because even if you are quite a bit better than your current ranking would imply, there is a lot of 'noise' in the system with 80% of the team's performance being random you can easily lose games you personally deserved to win (and vice versa of course). You might only win 55-60% of your games and games take a good 45-60+ minutes often between queuing loading and playing so it takes ages to climb. Coincidentally (or not) league is famous for having hundreds of thousands of people who all incorrectly believe in this 'elo hell'.

^I had a friend who was stuck in bronze 4-5 (the bottom of the lowest league in league if you know anything about the game) and had been stuck there for hundreds of games and sweared by elo hell. So one day I told him to give me the account I would prove it wasn't bad players keeping him at his ranking, but his own lack of skill. I went on no less than a 43 winstreak from bronze 5 to silver 1 before I lost my first game and I was by no means an amazing league player (I was good, but not great- Plat 1 at my best, so nowhere near the top, something like the 96th percentile, which left a few tens of thousands of people ranked higher than me lol).

However, in a 2v2 in COH, there is only two of you, so you represent a massive part of the team. Coh 2 is also the type of game you can thoroughly crush an opponent worse than you so if you are truly better than your rank you will win most of your games, many easily, some averagely, a few will be tough, and you will lose a few when you randomly have a truly dire ally and/or you got severely over matched by the matchmaker. But, overall, you should climb steadily and easily until you are more appropriately ranked!

23 Mar 2016, 00:43 AM

Yeah you got a point there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 166
unknown 5
unknown 1
United States 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W