Login

russian armor

Ragequitters in ranked

23 Mar 2016, 01:19 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 14:31 PMGrim
I'm by no means a high level player (I playing random allies on 3v3/4v4 half the time so defeat is not...uncommon) but I swear the quality of some teammates is just dire.

What is it with shit players and setting up sandbags defensive lines....miles away from the VP or fuel.....then refusing to build AT and refusing to build anything but T70s (example) despite it being the late game XD

THEN they spam the ping marker at EVERY tank for the rest of the game.

oh, and if they play UKF then they ALWAYS pick the Royal artillery commander.

Most people just play 4v4 to troll. So they are using shitty tactics just for fun. There are also some players that don't care about ladder at all and so they do whatever they like.
23 Mar 2016, 05:19 AM

Most people just play 4v4 to troll. So they are using shitty tactics just for fun. There are also some players that don't care about ladder at all and so they do whatever they like.

Speak for yourself bro.
I take 4v4 seriously and quite enjoy and pride myself at my shitty W/L ratio
23 Mar 2016, 05:26 AM

Take responsibility for your own mistakes. In other words, I can understand your irritation and frustration, but don't expect changes to be made to the game.

Fine, I'll spell it out for you. Don't queue pug when you can queue with a friend. If you care about your leaderboard status (which btw has nothing to do with 'competitive play' due to existence of pug vs premade) then you will never queue with a random stranger.
What you're getting now IS 'competitive mode', it's just you and some randoms versus some other randoms. People quitting is part of the scenario and really should figure in your strategy, else you're failing at it.
So your OP boils down to 'I pug and hate it when unreliable pugs quit' - hence, fuck off.
The leaderboard is a red herring in your thought process. It does not identify losses and victories where people dropped out, it only cares about win or loss. When you pug, you sabotage your leaderboard rank progression. In order to avoid this sabotage, queue with a solid team-mate and never pug.

BTW to pre-empt your reply: Relic won't add a blacklist because people would abuse it by narrowing down the list to unreasonable levels. Queues would take forever and people would get ganked via blacklist manipulation. It'll never happen.

Im gonna close down the salt mine I just financed in Chille.
Why bother financing something when you can provide me with all the free salt in the world :D
All I gotta do is just browse these forums.

Back on topic, Vamp you are just being bated bro. Dont fall for it.
Also, hit me up if you ever want to go to comp 4v4.
23 Mar 2016, 08:14 AM

In theory over a decent sample of games yes, in practice over a decent sample of games yes.

Your second statement is also untrue. I would agree OKW is a very forgiving and 'easy' faction but I would say ostheer is rather unforgiving to be honest. Make a single mistake in composition and/or position and you just crumble. But rather to the point you are only ranked against your fellow allies performance, so even if random 2v2 was axis favoured at noob level (which, emplacement spamming brits aside it might well be), everyone low on the allied ladder is having to deal with that difficulty imbalance so you still get appropriately ranked amongst them.

In every RTS/competitive team game people low in the ladder all believe in some sort of 'hell' they can't get out of because bad team mates but it just logically cannot be and is not true. In games like league of legends that are 5v5 and champions cannot realistically 1v3,4 or 5 people even if extremely far ahead it really can feel this way because even if you are quite a bit better than your current ranking would imply, there is a lot of 'noise' in the system with 80% of the team's performance being random you can easily lose games you personally deserved to win (and vice versa of course). You might only win 55-60% of your games and games take a good 45-60+ minutes often between queuing loading and playing so it takes ages to climb. Coincidentally (or not) league is famous for having hundreds of thousands of people who all incorrectly believe in this 'elo hell'.

^I had a friend who was stuck in bronze 4-5 (the bottom of the lowest league in league if you know anything about the game) and had been stuck there for hundreds of games and sweared by elo hell. So one day I told him to give me the account I would prove it wasn't bad players keeping him at his ranking, but his own lack of skill. I went on no less than a 43 winstreak from bronze 5 to silver 1 before I lost my first game and I was by no means an amazing league player (I was good, but not great- Plat 1 at my best, so nowhere near the top, something like the 96th percentile, which left a few tens of thousands of people ranked higher than me lol).

However, in a 2v2 in COH, there is only two of you, so you represent a massive part of the team. Coh 2 is also the type of game you can thoroughly crush an opponent worse than you so if you are truly better than your rank you will win most of your games, many easily, some averagely, a few will be tough, and you will lose a few when you randomly have a truly dire ally and/or you got severely over matched by the matchmaker. But, overall, you should climb steadily and easily until you are more appropriately ranked!

Masterful LoL yarn aside, I'm talking about 4v4 in CoH2.

I am well aware that it's just a massive mess most of the time but with higher resources it favours factions with strong late games. I'm not trying to balance 4v4, just give an outline of the general situation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 395
Netherlands 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment