Login

russian armor

WC51 Truck

18 Mar 2016, 04:41 AM

Mechanized commander.... WC51 Truck... is this the worst commander in the game? The description said that the 50cal machine gun on the WC is equiped to tank on infantry and light vehicles... what light vehicle? It loses headon to every light vehicle and barely even scratches a 222.

This unit is completely terrible, can't rotate worth crap, and costs 20 fuel to boot! Why doesn't this unit cost 210 like the kubel and bren carrier? Seriously though, what is this unit good for beside target practice for gren shrecks?

Baffled that these commanders and abilities are not even being talked about or addressed.
Uhu
18 Mar 2016, 05:12 AM

Yes, it's the worst USF commander. I tried so many times to make use of its abilities.

The WC51 definitely needs an update on its performance and cost. Even a kubel will wreck it :facepalm:

For a mechanized commander, it could use any of the following:
> call-in riflemen equipped with thompsons
> coordinated ability (like the support commander)
> M5 call-in (this can combine with the thompson-equipped riflemen)
> Rapid decapture w increased vehicle/tank speed
18 Mar 2016, 05:50 AM

Mechanized commander.... WC51 Truck... is this the worst commander in the game? The description said that the 50cal machine gun on the WC is equiped to tank on infantry and light vehicles... what light vehicle? It loses headon to every light vehicle and barely even scratches a 222.

This unit is completely terrible, can't rotate worth crap, and costs 20 fuel to boot! Why doesn't this unit cost 210 like the kubel and bren carrier? Seriously though, what is this unit good for beside target practice for gren shrecks?

Baffled that these commanders and abilities are not even being talked about or addressed.

ask momo4sho and Kpen97 for this commander..
how to use WC51 effectively,

u will start to loving it once u get use to how epic this car is.
i realy want to try it, i haven't got a spoildrop for it haha,
18 Mar 2016, 06:34 AM

Worst? No not as long as recon still exists.

The WC51 is usable, just expensive.
Now the M3, that is just an overpriced turd.

But the artillery is actually really good. In combination with the recon run you can put a devastating precision strike anywhere on the map.

The refit also lets you have light vehicles for the early game while still getting out a sherman or jackson out at reasonable pace.

18 Mar 2016, 08:04 AM
Patrion 14

Wc51 is invincible on maps like Vaux, though insta lose on maps like Semoskiy.

Though the wc51 dies too fast to raketten sigh.
18 Mar 2016, 08:17 AM

Wc51 crushes OKW starts and Assault Grenadier Starts, however i'd restrict to using it against OKW because of the risk of Panzerfaust. Light vehicles should not be plural, since it can only take on a kubel!

The idea is to get it within close range (with a rifle squad in it), shoot for 5-10 seconds to make a squad retreat, then reverse back and repair the trucks - rinse and repeat for 5 minutes.

The power of this commander is that if you do well with a 2x WC51 and Rifle start, you can steamroll this into a fast Stuart tank + Pack howi at 2 CP using withdraw & refit + Captain production boost. The Wc51 becomes completely redundant after 6 minute mark of games (when people start getting 222s or luchs out).

I'm a 3v3/4v4 player mostly, in 1v1 i could see it more useless as it denies a lot of capping power.
18 Mar 2016, 08:40 AM

Wc51 is a good unit, but too expensive.
18 Mar 2016, 09:01 AM
18 Mar 2016, 09:20 AM

Its ok, but indeed his performance values were changued the moment bren carrier got that buff, the clown car could aswell
18 Mar 2016, 11:01 AM

Mechanized Company has at least some use. It's not very strong by itself but it does allow you to do some creative things. The Withdraw and Refit ability allows you to do some unexpected light vehicle pushes with relatively high numbers of light vehicles to gain map control and maybe overwhelm and steal some support weapons. You can then swap the light vehicles back in when the enemy adapts and get extra AT guns.

Now.. Recon Company on the other hand... That doctrine is just terrible.
18 Mar 2016, 11:23 AM

Mechanised company was usefull once... When artillery strike of that could destroy OKW trucks by 1 barrage. And when Kubelwagon was real threat with supression. Artillery is long time nerfed, and Kubel is "Nazi version of Sentinel from DoW 2" now. Mechanised company has no purpouse now.
18 Mar 2016, 12:18 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I say the truck is fine, the M3 halftrack needs rework. It only has 200 health, while the ukf m3 has 320. I made on opinion on this thread here. https://www.coh2.org/topic/50569/usf-mechanized-company-assault-group/page/1#post_id505606

At most change the cost of the truck from 240, 20 to 260, 10
Here is example what trucks can do.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight