Login

russian armor

T 34s

19 Mar 2016, 19:33 PM

34/76 is perfectly fine for cost. If you want to fight volks, run them over. Just know when to retreat.
19 Mar 2016, 20:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Guys, we using the same arguments for both main positions in discussion! Again and again some says it is good for it's cost, and others say it is unrealible main medium tank in comparison with other mediums.
I want to stop this circle of hell. Or we make a conclution, or we need to stop this discussion.

What conclutions we have now:
1. Save it is as it now.
2. Make it call-in in doctrines. Put T-34-85 instead.
3. Buff it:
3.1 Buff MGs.
3.2 Decrease MP price.
3.3 Make it clone (or close to it) of PzKpfw IV.
3.4 Make it clone (or close to it) of Cromwell.

My position include:
Step 1: relise of this doctrine

Here you have cheap and spammy T-34, and i am sure it is much cheaper that actual T-34 (this don't have veterancy).
Step 2: Buff T-34 to 100 fuel price (i mean buff it's performances (maingun, MGs) and increase price to 100 fuel).
Step 3: Don't touch T-34-85, if T-34 will be good enough, it won't be necessary to take doctrine with Call-in top medium tank. Many USSR doctrines without call-in vechicle begin to shine again.:wave:
20 Mar 2016, 05:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2016, 09:54 AMTAKTCOM

Fixed

The key words are "used to be"and "was"
20 Mar 2016, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 05:17 AMVamp

The key words are "used to be"and "was"

I don't see sense to talk about what was and what is no longer.
20 Mar 2016, 06:36 AM

T-34's are in a good spot. Quite a few Russian players built T-34's in my Axis games, and they were always able to maintain armour superiority throughout the game. They lost of course due to my better coh2 skills, but the T-34's are a very solid unit that kept them in the game.
20 Mar 2016, 07:26 AM

T-34's are in a good spot. Quite a few Russian players built T-34's in my Axis games, and they were always able to maintain armour superiority throughout the game. They lost of course due to my better coh2 skills, but the T-34's are a very solid unit that kept them in the game.

Better skills? Is this a new name for panzershrek and axis armor (especially panther)?:snfPeter:
20 Mar 2016, 07:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2016, 05:49 AMTAKTCOM

I don't see sense to talk about what was and what is no longer.

Learn to read and see who I replied to.
20 Mar 2016, 12:12 PM

People say it's spammable but I don't really see it. To be effective as a spam unit, on top of a low cost, it needs to have easy micro and constant battle field presence. Right now it lacks that. You need to babysit it to keep it alive because by late game most enemy units can kill or at least snare it. You need to get close range rear shots on enemy armour and this is taxing with multiple tanks involved. It has shit moving accuracy so you constantly need to stop and start moving. Using a low health unit on the front lines means frequent repairs, which further taxes micro and keeps it out of battle. Compare all that to say a panther which just needs to sit at max range, reverse away if threatened and pursue tanks in the knowledge that blitz is there if it overextends.

As for the whole cost thing, it doesn't work out so cheap when you pretty much have to sacrifice at least one to take down enemy tanks, reducing the fuel trade.

I can see a few easy buffs to assist this. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see t34-spam meta, I would like to see the unit reclaim its place as a viable workhorse tank, rather than something rarely seen outside of cheese tactics.

Any one of these would work:

1: Improve the repair speed of engis working on it
2: Give non-doc self repair (existing doctrinal ability can be a passive to improve speed, to lower cost or to allow hp repair on the move out of combat)
3: Give non-doc repair station or put the repair station in better doctrines
4: improve moving accuracy
5: Add a co-axial MG to the turret so it can still engage infantry targets outside direct front, nerf hull MG to avoid excessive DPS increase.
20 Mar 2016, 12:16 PM

Everything is way more simple...

First : T-34-85 instead of T-34-76 in T4.

Second : T-34-100 (will be copy of Sherman Firefly, but without rockets, of course) instead of T-34-85 in doctrines as call-ins.

Third : T-34-76 putted into trashcan and forgoten forever as too old tank for 1944/45 year combats. For god sake, they giving me tank of 1941 year production in late, against most modern tanks of Reich, like Panthers. What's wrong with you!
20 Mar 2016, 12:23 PM

But it's not cheap. Not where it matters. You can point to the fuel cost all you want, but if you actually try spaming them you'll quickly realize you'll start to float fuel, because the manpower costs are too high. The low fuel cost never actually helps.

And to add up...

Given you need to support it with infantry, cause of the presence of Shreks and PaKs, and given that Cons aren't scaling good and die way to easily you get more MP drain...
20 Mar 2016, 12:53 PM

Second : T-34-100 (will be copy of Sherman Firefly, but without rockets, of course) instead of T-34-85 in doctrines as call-ins.
No, makes as little sense as the Maus tank.
20 Mar 2016, 13:03 PM

If we're going to start suggesting prototypes, then I nominate the Maus. Commissar can have his t-34-100 while Axis players can have the Maus :romeoMug:
20 Mar 2016, 13:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

If we're going to start suggesting prototypes, then I nominate the Maus. Commissar can have his t-34-100 while Axis players can have the Maus :romeoMug:

#MausNonDocRatteDoubleCallIn! :D
20 Mar 2016, 13:27 PM

IMO the only armor Soviet can hope to spam is Su-76.

T-34 has its use such as discouraging enemy armor rush, crushing infantry but its main gun performs horribly against infantry that's the biggest problem. You need to move it close to the enemy to be somewhat effective but then it dies very fast.

Really, it's better to spam Su-76 then go T4 for Kats than to waste fuel and manpower on T-34.
20 Mar 2016, 13:49 PM

Well, since they already added Sturmtigers (only 18 were produced), I don't see any problem in adding soviet T-34-100, even if that was prototype.

Lol, "Shwerer Gustav" (Railway arty) wasn't hardly inflicted in real combats in real war on eastern and specially western front, but they added it too. So, rare and effective units are able for axis, but nothing same for allies, pls!
20 Mar 2016, 13:52 PM

I think the T-34/76 should go down in price. As some others have pointed out the price isn´t all about the fuel cost but also manpower. Losing one should be part of your strategy and not hurt you much. Could be 200mp 75 fuel.

That or the vet changes I suggested earlier. Though crap T-34s en masse would keep the Soviet charm.
20 Mar 2016, 13:56 PM

Well, since they already added Sturmtigers (only 18 were produced), I don't see any problem in adding soviet T-34-100, even if that was prototype.

Lol, "Shwerer Gustav" (Railway arty) wasn't hardly inflicted in real combats in real war on eastern and specially western front, but they added it too. So, rare and effective units are able for axis, but nothing same for allies, pls!

Yeah, there were limited Storm Tigers, but they were built and saw action in WW2. Your suggestion for adding the T-34-100 is ridiculous since a prototype wasn't even built. It was an idea that was thrown out there, but never made it into production.

20 Mar 2016, 13:59 PM

Yeah, there were limited Storm Tigers, but they were built and saw action in WW2. Your suggestion for adding the T-34-100 is ridiculous since a prototype wasn't even built. It was an idea that was thrown out there, but never made it into production.

Well, ok, it's not main point of my suggestion. Main point was "T-34-76 going out and his place takes T-34-85". I think, it will be ok. And T-34-85 we may change with any rare soviet tank, there were a lot. Maybe KV-1 (buffed), maybe KV-85 (IS-1)...
20 Mar 2016, 14:02 PM

Agreed.

SU-100 is more suited and should get released
20 Mar 2016, 14:52 PM
Donator 11

Reduce t-34 mp cost, improve its accuracy or adjust its pen slightly.
I wonder hoe "game breaking" it would be to put it into t3 for like 100 fuel or something
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★